NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
True...but your career comes first your achievements b4 the endorsements not the other way round

So you think a player should turn down an endorsement until career achievements and a certain level of success is met? Or do you think these commercials get in the way of his career? Are you referring to something else? Make the money as quickly and from wherever you can, good for him to get those now since they will to ably not be a viable stream of income in the near future

Last edited:
Someone just posted this on Twitter and I had to do a double take: Julius Thomas has 12 TDs this season... on 40 receptions.

dwill.png

That's like Jerome Bettis rushing stats as a receiver/TE.

True...but your career comes first your achievements b4 the endorsements not the other way round

So you think a player should turn down an endorsement until career achievements and a certain level of success is met? Or do you think these commercials get in the way of his career? Are you referring to something else? Make the money as quickly and from wherever you can, good for him to get those now since they will to ably not be a viable stream of income in the near future

No I don't think he should turn it down but limit them yes. After that one yr of success he's had more endorsements and been less effective on the field meanwhile he hasn't achieved anything, more like he's more focused on being a brand than being productive on the field

Personally, I don't feel comfortable questioning someone's work ethic or their success off commercials and endorsements. Peyton has been the best at his craft for over a decade, and has had more commercials than anybody during that same time. It never got in his way.

With success comes endorsements. No matter the sport. He earned it, and it's separate from the product on the field IMO.

Wait, I never said he won't get a chance. I just said he's not owed a shot by anyone. The demand won't be there either. Someone said that he deserves a shot, I don't think he does. I think he'll be a backup somewhere next year.

- Problems with two head coaches already.
- Health. Random ankle dislocates in a freakish way.
- Problems with teammates.
- Ego bigger than the team.
- 4-14 in his last two years.
- Poor throwing mechanics and footwork.

What about that list looks like he's a great addition to your team?

So Griffin should get another chance after having problems with two head coaches and plenty of teammates in such a short career already?

Nope, never said he shouldn't get another chance... :lol:

Yeah RG3 had a great rookie year but people need to let that go. If you don't improve the league will catch up to you. He's injury prone and his confidence ain't the same. Wherever he goes he needs to lay low and work.
You also have to recognize that he was a surefire prospect out of college and extremely accurate there as well.  Was considered a complete QB and not just a read-option player.  So there is some reason to believe that he can be a real quarterback, it's not like he is Tebow.

Also Watt going to be the best player on offense and defense for the Texans next year.

16 sacks, 80 QB hits/hurries, 18 tackles for loss, 12 passes defended, 400 yards, 30 receptions, 10 TD for 2015.

Teams in the hunt for NFC playoff spots:

Arizona - kc, @ Rams, Seahawks and @ 49ers

Green Bay - atl, @ bills, @ bucs and lions
Philly - Seahawks, Cowboys, @ skins and @ giants
Dallas - @ bears, @ eagles, Colts and @ skins
Detroit - bucs, vikings, @ bears and @ packers
Seattle - @ eagles, 49ers, @ cards and Rams
San Fran - @ raiders, @ Seahawks, Chargers and cards

cards have won head to head with lions, cowboys and eagles.. and won 1 of 2 with 49ers

packers have won head to head with the eagles

eagles have won 1 of 2 with the cowboys

cowboys won head to head with seahawks

lions won 1 of 2 with the packers

seahawks won head to head with packers.. won 1 of 2 with cards and 1 of 2 with the 9ers

49ers won head to head with eagles and cowboys

if I missed something, feel free to add

Last edited:
Ok so are you saying commercials and endorsements can't be a distraction especially if your about your brand that young into your fball career?

If we have heard no reports from the team or anyone 'in the know' that he is distracted by this then I'm not going to make the assumption that he is

That said, like Manziel and his 'antics', it does provide ammo for the critics if the play on the field is down. He should realize that, even if the inadequate performances aren't causes by the off field activities

Last edited:
Wait, I never said he won't get a chance. I just said he's not owed a shot by anyone. The demand won't be there either. Someone said that he deserves a shot, I don't think he does. I think he'll be a backup somewhere next year.

So Griffin should get another chance after having problems with two head coaches and plenty of teammates in such a short career already?

My guy, I enjoy talking to you on here. I know it has to kill you that Bobby didn't work out. I said from day one, he was overrated and wouldn't last in this league. It's gotta kill you. But, all I'm saying is, he isn't owed anything from any team. He did it to himself. He'll be a backup somewhere next year.

Michael Shanahan is somewhere smiling. As well as the entire STL organization.

Speaking of the RG3 trade, so how big of a bust is Tavon Austin?

Hype was extreme.  So far dude has a total of 186 yards on the season.

My guy, I enjoy talking to you on here. I know it has to kill you that Bobby didn't work out. I said from day one, he was overrated and wouldn't last in this league. It's gotta kill you. But, all I'm saying is, he isn't owed anything from any team. He did it to himself. He'll be a backup somewhere next year.

Michael Shanahan is somewhere smiling. As well as the entire STL organization.

Bro, the problem with you is you say SO much ****. There is NOTHING objective that you type regarding certain players/teams. It is what it is. People on here know your M.O.

The funny part to me is that you think you're making some profound statement about it being a disappointment to Skins fans that Griffin isn't working out. Think about what you're saying. You're stating the ******* obvious. Save the condescension for someone who actually cares about your opinion.

Speaking of the RG3 trade, so how big of a bust is Tavon Austin?

Hype was extreme.  So far dude has a total of 186 yards on the season.
i put a fair share of blame on schotty jr.. I'd happily take him on the eagles over cooper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom