NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Couldn't hurt to start Gruden.

What are the odds that Chip Kelly does a Mike Ditka type trade or even Bob/STL type deal to get Mariota???

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Couldn't hurt to start Gruden.

What are the odds that Chip Kelly does a Mike Ditka type trade or even Bob/STL type deal to get Mariota???

I'm all for it, I'll just tell myself that all those 1st round picks we gave away would've ended up like Smith II anyways :lol:
But nah, Smith II still has time.

I don't think he is, but who knows. I think he's just trying to boost positivity for one of his guys who's on the verge of millions... but how many? Kelly knows nothing's guaranteed until it's happened aka Mariota's not No. 1 until it's happened.

Kelly knows nothing's guaranteed until it's happened aka Mariota's not No. 1 until it's happened.

Doc-Rivers.gif

Clearly he's No. 1, but we know how this goes.

Let's just say he beats FSU but injures his shoulder in the National Championship and can't actually workout or participate in any pre-draft evaluations... and the narrative of "CAN YOU TRUST YOU'RE MAKING THE RIGHT PICK???" consumes Sportscenter and eventually it's gone from the media hyping something to GM's hearing the same thing over and over so much that they start to subconsciously forget where it all spawned from... and suddenly it's a part of their decision process whether they made the decision for it to be or not.

Let's just say the Oakland Raiders **** up into the No. 1 pick and feel the need to over-vouch for Carr and their decision only a year ago to draft him, and their decision only months ago to start him.... so they pull a typical Raider "those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it" move and draft a player from another position group.

Nothing's happened until it's happened. Whatever Kelly can say or do now and in the coming months to help Mariota become the first one called in May, he'll do.

Last edited:
You really have no idea where Mariota will fall. There's plenty of people in the league that prefer Jameis but worry about some of the trouble he's been in. Not every team wants a QB either. I'm curious to see where these two QBs go. WAS, NYJ, TB, CLE, STL and BUF need a QB real bad.

I don't think it's out of question Jameis goes before MM8 but if I am Chip and I want MM8 then don't mess with it, go up to the first team which is hopefully the Raiders and get it done

The Bucs are 110% certain to have a new OC next year at the least....so who do you guys think they could get that would best utilize Mariota if they land the #1?

Gruden says it's important to get a lead so griffin doesn't have to do a lot of dropback passing and defense reading.

damn Gruden is one step away from wishing death on RG3 :rofl:

Gruden has about as much faith in RG3 as Mike does with a dictionary.

Dude has zero clue as to how to run this team. Colt McCoy was one hit away from being on the IR on Sunday, but this dummy chose to deactivate Kirk Cousins. What kind of sense is that?

With the O-line in shambles, he opted to not roll out RG3, but keep him in the pocket. 5th straight game where the o-line has given up 5+ sacks. Gruden is doing his QBs NO favors.

and as dude said on twitter:

JT ‏@JT_RedWizNats 1m1 minute ago

The guy just played McCoy with a bad neck. 1 good hit & he's now on IR but we're supposed to believe he was "concerned" Griffin was hurt.

:smh:

& there's this...read in to it however you like:

B5APzv5CAAAc4-G.jpg

The more I think about it, I have a strong feeling that Jay is done and RG3 will be back in the fold next year....with Art Briles as HC.

Last edited:
@dan_bernstein: Source: #Bears ownership met last night. Trestman likely fired at season's end, Emery's fate still undecided.

I hope Jay finds a job fast if he does get fired

His quotable value is just way too high right now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom