NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I abhor Bill Simmons but the dude does a very entertaining mailbag of questions :lol:

Q: Did you know Tom Brady is 6-7 in his last 13 playoff games? Did you know since 2006 he’s just 2-4 in AFC Championship games and Super Bowls? Did you know Tom Brady has directed 4 of the 12 highest scoring teams in NFL history and that those teams are just 5-4 in the postseason and scored an average of 16.25 points per game in their eventual playoff defeats? Did you know Brady’s regular-season passer rating (95.9) is 8.4 points higher than his playoff rating (87.5)? Did you know Brady has lost playoff games to Jake Plummer, Eli Manning (twice), Mark Sanchez, and Joe Flacco (twice)? Did you know Brady has thrown one touchdown or fewer in half of his playoff starts? Did you know that the Patriots have been favored in every Brady era playoff loss with the exception of last January in Denver? Did you know Brady only has two game winning drives in the playoffs in the last 10 years and in one of them he threw a game ending interception that was fortunately fumbled back to his team? But hey, good luck this weekend.
—Garrison, Indianapolis

BS: (Searching for a comeback … )

Holy. Hell.

This dude was forgotten about so quick. I remember he hadn't been out of the league but one year when I heard on the radio he would be DJ'ing at a local club...Was thinking, "damn! This dude fell off quick."

Larry beat like 90 women

that dude is a hot mess, he will end up back in State College, PA trying to live off his prior fame one day

Larry has been arrested 5 times on assault charges against women :smh:

Last edited:
@fraij da 5 11 I had no idea :lol:

Q: Do you realize that the only playoff game that Aaron Rodgers has won outside of the year he won the Super Bowl was against Joe Webb?
—Christian, Minny

BS: That can’t be true. (Looking it up.) My God, that’s true!

"outside of the year he won the Super Bowl" :lol:

I love Rodgers slander as much as anyone, but that one is kinda silly...He did, in fact, win a few games on the way to being the Super Bowl MVP. You can't just strikeout that year...Sounds like a statement ESPN would make.

If you include that year, Shaky has beaten Matt Ryan, Joe Webb, Michael Vick, a Caleb Hanie/Jay Cutler/Todd Collins collab, and Ben Roethlisberger in the playoffs/SB.

Outside of Ben. :x

Last edited:
Those posts don't reflect my feelings, just thought they were interesting :lol:

I've always just thought of Rodgers as an accolade machine, regular and post season. Not to say he has not but he could use a playoff win as much as anyone this weekend. You know how quickly people turn.

30eEul4.gif

@fraij da 5 11 I had no idea :lol:

Q: Do you realize that the only playoff game that Aaron Rodgers has won outside of the year he won the Super Bowl was against Joe Webb?
—Christian, Minny

BS: That can’t be true. (Looking it up.) My God, that’s true!

It's always funny to me when people use the "Well if you take away his championship" argument. And it's always used to defend a dude who hasn't won ****. :lol:

Nah

I can't remember any pick sixes

both with 2 super bowl game losing streaks

both were defeated by Mark Sanchez and Joe Flacco, in back to back games by each QB

similar records in both regular season and playoffs in the past decade or so

so yeah..

Last edited:
Nah

I can't remember any pick sixes

both with 2 super bowl game losing streaks

both were defeated by Mark Sanchez and Joe Flacco, in back to back games by each QB

similar records in both regular season and playoffs in the past decade or so

so yeah..

Peyton blew the game vs Saints and was trampled by the Seahawks

Brady basically had miracle plays and drops derail him. He did throw an interception in his last Super Bowl though

Last edited:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. 14 points (or was it 17) is not enough in the biggest game with the 'best offense ever'. Regardless of how the Giants won

Last edited:
Getting to 2 Super Bowls and AFC Championship game is suspect now?

If thats suspect what the hell are the Lions?
Lol@ miracle plays.

That's what's wrong with NT, y'all hold different people to different standards. It's ok for Brady to lose bowls, but not Peyton.

Brady has put up big record setting numbers and not won a Super Bowl, but only Peyton gets crucified for doing that.

Last edited:
Larry Johnson's bum *** brother came to a couple of my college parties, dude thought he was a legend because of Larry

He ran Larry's clothes store downtown :lol:

I remember that store downtown. Is that still there? :lol:. I remember his sister running it but I forgot who Larrys bum *** brother was :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom