NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
B7e66csCAAI2R_L.png

full

no one is going to hire that snake

As a head coach? Maybe, maybe not...

Buuuuuut Petrino has been hired time and again and he's been thee biggest pile. So I'll go ahead and say you're wrong. He'll have a job.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's thinking "I stole 4 million dollars and got out of a horrible situation."

No first round pick.
No QB.
Sh-t OC anyway.

Doug will be hired elsewhere and pockets $4 mill. Well done.

great hustler move by Doug. well played sir.

I don't understand this. What direction are they going?

They went the safe route. Fox is a guy known to have control of his locker room, something which was clearly lacking last season with Trestman. I think he can make the Bears competitive and they've soured on hiring hot shot coordinators because of Trestman/Lovie. I'd have to think handing this mess of a locker room to a rookie HC would be setting them up for failure. Of course Fox has his limitations but has found relative success wherever he's gone. Don't think we could ever make the SB under him but playoffs yes.

I don't understand this. What direction are they going?
They went the safe route. Fox is a guy known to have control of his locker room, something which was clearly lacking last season with Trestman. I think he can make the Bears competitive and they've soured on hiring hot shot coordinators because of Trestman/Lovie. I'd have to think handing this mess of a locker room to a rookie HC would be setting them up for failure. Of course Fox has his limitations but has found relative success wherever he's gone. Don't think we could ever make the SB under him but playoffs yes.
Doesnt he also have connections with the new GM as well?

Magic once said no team has ever won a championship without making the playoffs

So playoffs are a good step

I just went through the list and I cant really pick.

Question. Did Vernon Davis just lose himself money this season instead of signing that contract this offseason or did he sign that contract?

polosanddunks polosanddunks

Vernon was never up for a new deal at all this past off-season. He just held out of training camp wanting a new deal but yes you could say he lost money in the sense that he lost any leverage he had with the crappy year he had.

Karma :smh: - hold out for new deal even though you're being paid well enough for a TE already and end up having the worst year of your career.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's a cap casualty since Niners are over the cap this year.

What the Bears needs to be worried about is that QB play from Cutler. Fox conservative so he wont light a fire under Cutler so its probably going to be a repeat with maybe 1-2 more wins and no leadership other than Marshall

@jonwin thanks for that information. I had no idea. I thought he was going to come out and ball to prove to the 49ers instead he was straight bumming it. I couldn't believe it. We might be looking at a washed up Vernon Davis from here on out

Last edited:
Fox is a good coach. He had that Denver defense humming before Peyton got there, remember. I know he's a retread but I actually like the hire.

Fox is a good coach. He's only bad on NT. But in real life he always has successful teams, and coaches to his players strengths.

NT knows Fox is a good coach, he just can't get over that hump and seems like he never will.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom