NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrew luck would be too if he didnt sound like he had gallons of spit in his throat

I mean **** at least say Suggs or something
laugh.gif
Oh yea I forgot Suggs, especially since he got his baby teeth fixed. I feel like Jacoby could've built off of the dancing with the stars fame, he is now a household name. Flacco was flourishing in the McDonalds commercial, they need to make new ones and bring Kaep back too.

*Edit I was just joking about Rice, nobody gonna try to use him as their spokesperson

Last edited:
Rg3 is a self centered dude...never realized it until last year...was a fan of his in college and forever appreciate them upsetting TCU in 2011 I think

Rg3 is a self centered dude...never realized it until last year...was a fan of his in college and forever appreciate them upsetting TCU in 2011 I think
Why do you think he's self centered?

He has to be the center of attention. I remember the game when Alfred Morris ran for over 200 yards, I think it was against Baltimore. They brought up Alfred twice and each time, RGMe was upset and had to bring it back to him. It was disgusting. This guy loves the attention, even when it's negative.

i didn't know so many people though rg3 was so self centered. never really got that vibe
Always preaching do the impossible, seeks out cancer survivors to sign his cleats, never really blamed Shanny for his injury or rapid downfall. His father is another story.

think he had some locker room issues as well

not sure tho

He does or did. They said his second year, most of the locker room felt that he thought he was above the rest. They said the O line missed blocks intentionally. I live in VA and have heard plenty of Skins fans call in and complain about how self centered he is.

Why do you think he's self centered?

He has to be the center of attention. I remember the game when Alfred Morris ran for over 200 yards, I think it was against Baltimore. They brought up Alfred twice and each time, RGMe was upset and had to bring it back to him. It was disgusting. This guy loves the attention, even when it's negative.

Wait, what? People get on RG3 for just about everything in the DC area...you know this. Him "deflecting" during the interview after Alf ran for 200 vs. the Cowboys wasn't one of those moments. As a matter of fact, did that even happen or was this just something you picked up on?

If anything, RG3 bought into the "All In for Week 1" hype and the Shanahan's didn't help things. Last year was a disaster on a number of levels, so let's see where he's at in year 3. Year 3, traditionally, is when you'll see if your QB is franchise material or not. I have huge expectations for him and hope that he does well. He's actually 100%, so there should be NO excuses going forward. He's got one of the most explosive offenses (on paper) going into the season. Plenty of weapons for him to flourish.

*edit*

The locker room stuff was shot down w/ the quickness by guys like London Fletcher. On top of it all, his peers wouldn't have voted him a captain if they didn't respect what he brings to the table. Simple as that. Media created stories out of nothing and ran with it.

Also, Baller703, you're smarter than that to believe that the o-line would pull some insubordinate **** like INTENTIONALLY missing blocks so he'd get hit :lol: C'mon, bruh.

Last edited:
I won't dispute that he loves the attention, that's kinda obvious. But every time I hear them bring up Alfred he's got nothing but positive things to say.

Even brings him up after winning awards when he didn't have to

He does or did. They said his second year, most of the locker room felt that he thought he was above the rest. They said the O line missed blocks intentionally. I live in VA and have heard plenty of Skins fans call in and complain about how self centered he is.
But living in VA you should also know how dumb some of these Skins fans are as well. Most of 'em don't know what they're talking about and listen to whatever BS the media feeds them. I'm in the 703 too, if you're hearing this on ESPN 980 or The Fan, chances are it's just garbage. But, that's just my opinion.

The interview was after a game that RGMe had to sit out and Alfred carried that team that day. I think it was the Bal game but it could have been the one after. I watched the interview and both times, the guy asked about Alfred and he started speaking about himself both times. I thought it was weak as hell because all year he was got plenty of credit and now Alfred had deserved most of the credit that day and he wouldn't even let him get his :smh:

I won't dispute that he loves the attention, that's kinda obvious. But every time I hear them bring up Alfred he's got nothing but positive things to say.

Even brings him up after winning awards when he didn't have to
Most athletes and celebrities relish the attention. I don't see fault with that. Enjoying attention and being self-centered are two different ball games.

i didn't know so many people though rg3 was so self centered. never really got that vibe
Always preaching do the impossible, seeks out cancer survivors to sign his cleats, never really blamed Shanny for his injury or rapid downfall. His father is another story.

His father just took the heat for his son...don't act like rg3 wasn't cosigning that behind his back

Rg3 basically forced his way to play week 1 and then when the season was a disaster they threw the coach under the bus

The interview was after a game that RGMe had to sit out and Alfred carried that team that day. I think it was the Bal game but it could have been the one after. I watched the interview and both times, the guy asked about Alfred and he started speaking about himself both times. I thought it was weak as hell because all year he was got plenty of credit and now Alfred had deserved most of the credit that day and he wouldn't even let him get his :smh:

Only 200 yard game he's had was vs. the Cowboys. RG3 didn't even finish the Ravens game.

As closely as I follow the Skins, I've NEVER heard anyone call him out for taking Alfred's shine after a game. And you know living in the DMV, they get on dude for everything.

*Mr. Marcus - let's not make it seem like Mike Shanahan is innocent in all of this. I remember laughing at some of the **** that would come out of Donavan McNabb's mouth after he was let go by the Skins. Thought it was all sour grapes...turned out he was right with a lot of the things he was saying about both Mike and Kyle Shanahan.

Last edited:
His father just took the heat for his son...don't act like rg3 wasn't cosigning that behind his back

Rg3 basically forced his way to play week 1 and then when the season was a disaster they threw the coach under the bus
Even if that's true, RG3 was in the right to do so. We're referencing two different injury points. Not Griffin's return, I meant bitterness for Shanny and FedEx Field in the playoffs against Seattle. There wasn't gross mismanagement of your star, franchise player?

Rg3 wanted to play both instances and the way he conducted his interviews put pressure on the coach....when both situations failed he let the coach take all the blame

That's just my opinion...I don't wish failure on him but I'm not a fan...

But living in VA you should also know how dumb some of these Skins fans are as well. Most of 'em don't know what they're talking about and listen to whatever BS the media feeds them. I'm in the 703 too, if you're hearing this on ESPN 980 or The Fan, chances are it's just garbage. But, that's just my opinion.

Hahahaha, good ole Lavar Arrington show. He's the biggest moron of them all.

At the end of the day. I didn't think he was special at Baylor, I've always thought he was an Uncle T, thought he got way too much praise his rookie year, don't think he'll last in the league long because he's small and he's already had two knee surgeries. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong. Nothing but respect to jjs07 jjs07 madj55 madj55 that's your QB and you have to ride for him regardless.

jjs07 jjs07 it wasn't when he ran for 200. He had a big game though. I think it was 2 TDs, my mistake. It wasn't the Giants game, I was there unfortunately. Did Griffin play against Cleveland? If he didn't play that game, then that's the game I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Hahahaha, good ole Lavar Arrington show. He's the biggest moron of them all.

At the end of the day. I didn't think he was special at Baylor, I've always thought he was an Uncle T, thought he got way too much praise his rookie year, don't think he'll last in the league long because he's small and he's already had two knee surgeries. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong. Nothing but respect to jjs07 jjs07 madj55 madj55 that's your QB and you have to ride for him regardless. I hated Eli up until that first ring.

jjs07 jjs07 it wasn't when he ran for 200. He had a big game though. I think it was 2 TDs, my mistake. It wasn't the Giants game, I was there unfortunately. Did Griffin play against Cleveland? If he didn't play that game, then that's the game I'm talking about.
Luckily for us Lavar is gone. And no doubt, I've actually met RG (in a Subway, of course) and he seemed like a pretty genuine dude, guess that's why I'm Captain Save RG3 sometimes :lol: also because of those 4 first round picks we traded for him...

And he didn't play against Cleveland, Cousins got the start in that one. Morris did ball that game, I'll have to look for the post game presser.

Rg3 wanted to play both instances and the way he conducted his interviews put pressure on the coach....when both situations failed he let the coach take all the blame

That's just my opinion...I don't wish failure on him but I'm not a fan...
It's a player's job to want to play and be on the field at all times. It's a head coach's duty to know better, stop it, and save the player from himself. If you can't manage strong personalities, you shouldn't run a professional sports organization.

Similar to a head trainer saving his prized fighter from unnecessary damage. Ex.: Glen Tapia vs. Kirk.

Being a Skins fan I do agree that RG3 does like the attention.

But I've never seen him try to take attention from a teammate or even talk bad about a teammate.

What happened between him and that Shanahan's was messed up on both sides. It was enough blame to go around.

As far as him being in the league for a long time. I definitely thinks he has the tools, throwing and running. Don't think people realize how accurate he is. If he can just learn to slide he's good to go IMO.

This year will tell us all we need to know about RG3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom