NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
You didnt answer the question but whatever the point is they arent really trying to help the players

I didn't feel the need to give you the full specifics on my job. They do test randomly, and no I don't work with children (though that doesn't mean testing occurs) nor the govt (thank God). What any of that has to do with you point is beyond me

The NFL doesn't really care about their employees? 1- not a revelation
2- just by offering and having services they do more than most employers
3- by offering multiple chances they do more than most employers
4- if the union didn't like it they could have negotiated it

I can't tell if you are naive with this or just have some pie in the sky ideals about how the workplace is

No Naivety here.

I was very familiar with the NFL drug testing program at one point. Maybe it has significantly changed? I doubt it has

I'm pointing out the flaws in their system from what I've seen from my personal experience

So now you've failed to respond to why you needed more specifics on my job. What did it have to do with the flaws in NFL drug testing?

Soooooo ummmmm how do the folk who are overly judging josh Gordon without any info feel about gronk chugging beers?
roll.gif
 What? 

Gordon has lit a match to every chance hes gotten so far. 
laugh.gif

We supposed to be mad at Gronk crushin some cans at the super bowl celebration?!?

I dont need to know specifics about your job

I respect your privacy

It was just a question to gain better understanding

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Florio is such a tool

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk · 42m 42 minutes ago

Serious question: Will Gronk be cited for public consumption of alcohol? Anyone else would be.

I'm sure cops are out there toasting beers with underaged kids. Gotta be a scene...

Last edited by a moderator:

Soooooo ummmmm how do the folk who are overly judging josh Gordon without any info feel about gronk chugging beers?
roll.gif
 What? 

laugh.gif

We supposed to be mad at Gronk crushin some cans at the super bowl celebration?!?
weed is going to be legal throughout the entire US pretty soon..  I just personally don't give a crap

I'm more amazed that he was able to accomplish what he was doing while lit up all the time as it seems people want to make it out to be (just like Michael phelps or anyone else who plays sports and smokes)

the few times I have smoked, I literally didn't want to do anything.. but it's not my thing.. I drink and would be right there with gronk if I was on the pats

but we do have very little info on Gordon and whatever has gone down.. and if anything, given what has happened with the league and especially goodell, I cant side with those dudes

Am I the only one that thinks Goodell is on his way out? When has a commissioner ever turned down a pre Super Bowl interview?? Also his defiant attitude during the Q&A session at the State of the NFL

roll.gif
 What? 

laugh.gif

weed is going to be legal throughout the entire US pretty soon..  I just personally don't give a crap

I'm more amazed that he was able to accomplish what he was doing while lit up all the time as it seems people want to make it out to be (just like Michael phelps or anyone else who plays sports and smokes)

the few times I have smoked, I literally didn't want to do anything.. but it's not my thing.. I drink and would be right there with gronk if I was on the pats

but we do have very little info on Gordon and whatever has gone down.. and if anything, given what has happened with the league and especially goodell, I cant side with those dudes
I don't give a crap if these dudes are lighting up either.  But the fact is that the structure of the NFL doesn't allow use of weed and they get drug tested for it.  Hes had the opportunity to make tens of millions of dollars and hes flushing money down the ****ter every time he fails a test.

Why am I supposed to feel bad about a dude consistently breaking the rules that his employer has laid out in big 2nd grader sized letters for him?  I wish he wasn't so stupid because hes a top talent but its only his fault that he keeps getting suspended.

Let me put it this way: I don't think Gronk has any less of a problem than Manziel. One is winning, one didn't play well in a three-game span (T.Brady didn't play well for longer than a three-game stretch early in the year, but because one is 22 and parties and loses it means he has a problem).

Think for yourself.

(If he actually did coke, then yeah that's an issue. Josh Gordon didn't have to go to his party.)

Last edited:
Let me put it this way: I don't think Gronk has any less of a problem than Manziel. One is winning, one didn't play well in a three-game span (T.Brady didn't play well in a three-game stretch, but because one is 22 and parties and loses it means he has a problem).

Think for yourself.

(If he actually did coke, then yeah that's an issue. Josh Gordon didn't have to go to his party.)

One lets his partys interfere with his work. the other doesnt

Josh Gordon is dealing with a disease, hes not stupid

That doesn't mean feel sorry for him, Im just saying lets get this guy some help

Last edited:
Literally all Gronk has to do is show up and catch.

Running an offense as a rookie is a whole different animal.

But because one's job requirements are bigger, then he has a problem and the other doesn't. Neither have drinking problems, but neither wants to grow up.

Josh Gordon is dealing with a disease, hes not stupid

I agree, but he was stupid in college falling asleep with weed at a Taco Bell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom