NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

SF's franchise is gonna have such a drop off. Team is in serious trouble.

Yup that window for the Niners slammed shut.
Too bad they're ran by the NFL equivalent of Jim Buss 
laugh.gif
. They're well on their way to becoming like the Lakers nowadays too  

Last edited:
I agree.

But Hawks stans think that's dillusional thinking :lol:

I can understand people not wanting to face it but it was obvious they wanted Russ to be the guy instead of Marshawn, i just wish out sports media called a spade a spade and stopped pretending that wasnt what happened

Granted I don't watch Suh a whole lot but I wonder where he goes and if he's gonna have the same type of impact if he's not playing on a line that's full of talent.

Could've sworn a season or two again he wasn't producing.

Suh's been dominant the whole time he's been in the league.

Outside of Ziggy there really hasn't been that much talent on the field with him.

Dude been in the league 5 years and been first team all pro 3 of them.

He's a one man run defense

What's going on with KVN?

Granted I don't watch Suh a whole lot but I wonder where he goes and if he's gonna have the same type of impact if he's not playing on a line that's full of talent.

Could've sworn a season or two again he wasn't producing.

Suh's been dominant the whole time he's been in the league.

Outside of Ziggy there really hasn't been that much talent on the field with him.

Dude been in the league 5 years and been first team all pro 3 of them.

He's a one man run defense

What's going on with KVN?

I think he was hurt most his rookie year, I could be wrong.

The biggest spenders in free agency usually don't succeed. Last year, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers spent more than $143 million on unrestricted free-agent contracts and ended up at the top of the draft after a 2-14 season.

Welp.

Having cap space is the most overrated thing in the NFL.

Cap space is important to keep the good players you drafted and to compliment them with good value pick ups. If you are building your team through free agency you already losing.

SF's franchise is gonna have such a drop off. Team is in serious trouble.

Yup that window for the Niners slammed shut.
Too bad they're ran by the NFL equivalent of Jim Buss :lol: . They're well on their way to becoming like the Lakers nowadays too  

View media item 1428223
[COLOR=#red]I cannot stand what Jim is fake trying to do... but Good Call on that one. All after the 2000s, last one being 5 years ago. Lakers will retool soon enough, it's what they do. Relax.[/COLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
The biggest spenders in free agency usually don't succeed. Last year, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers spent more than $143 million on unrestricted free-agent contracts and ended up at the top of the draft after a 2-14 season.

Welp.

[COLOR=#red]Said this YEARS ago in here... believe it was a Vikings fan who called me an idiot in saying building your team through free agency doesn't work.

Again I say, build for depth in FA. Build a team in the draft. Suh and players like that being the exception.

Dez was franchised tagged.[/COLOR]

Again I say, build for depth in FA. Build a team in the draft. Suh and players like that being the exception.

Dez was franchised tagged

Exactly. There will always be exceptions, but the system that some players are in make them superstars/high targets. Remove them from said system and guess what? You just gave an average/above-average player an elite contract.

Adding a piece or two is no problem. Thinking that you're going to drop $100+ mil on FAs and win a Super Bowl? Pipe dream.

Could see exactly that happening in Jacksonville. Bet that Julius Thomas becomes the highest-paid TE in the league and turns into Marcedes Lewis v2.0. It's a lot harder to catch touchdowns from Blake Bortles than it is from Peyton Manning.

Last edited:
signing players who fit your system that don't work out other places is the way to go

Eagles signing Malcolm Jenkins was a steal minus the fact the other 3 in the secondary suck

signing players who fit your system that don't work out other places is the way to go

Eagles signing Malcolm Jenkins was a steal minus the fact the other 3 in the secondary suck

Yup. Jerry Hughes in Buffalo is another one. He sucked *** in Indy (5 sacks total in 3 years) and dude has 20 sacks, 5 FF over the last two seasons.

Change of scenery can do wonders for some.

[COLOR=#red]Charles Clay got the transition tag... $7 million

f-ck

too much, hope they come to a reasonable deal.[/COLOR]

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 3m3 minutes ago
Former Cardinals DT Darnell Dockett has scheduled a visit beginning tonight with the NFC West rival 49ers, per @Edwerderespn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom