NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
" In this case, Dolphins owner Stephen Ross will be required to write a check for $60 million, with Suh getting plenty of it up front and the rest going to an escrow account for future distribution.

Other teams (and likely the league office) won’t like this. If owners who have the cash to make that kind of commitment start making that kind of commitment, they’ll have a huge advantage when it comes to signing players. Eventually, the richest owners will take over the league.

Some believe that, previously, the richest owners have resisted doing it out of respect for the owners who can’t. Ross may be blazing a trail that sparks renewed acrimony between the NFL’s haves and the have-mores. "

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/10/suhs-60-million-will-be-fully-guaranteed/

[COLOR=#red]So... If he gets the $60 million up front his cap number stays down. Hmmmmm... if true, Well done Steven Ross, well done.[/COLOR]

:wow: :wow:

The Dolphins just have money to spend this year, they're not doing anything new.

Every team makes money, every team can do this.

Vereen move was solid. He's gonna be a nice safety valve for Eli :lol:

Vikings are supposedly looking at Ridley IF they end up having to trade AP

Titans picked up Harry Douglas, good move since Nate Washington is probably out

Last edited:
I think they should televise NFL free agency like they do on NSD.

Let the top free agents lay out hats of teams interested and let them pick :lol:

The reactions and gifs would be endless

Patrick Willis?

why?

something isnt right just a couple of months ago he was 29 just turned 30 Jan. 25th :smh:

Bulaga and Cobb took less to stay. Suh and Fairley most likely gone. Packers are winning this part of the game so far.

isn't really that big of a deal.. and depending on how exactly the funds have been allocated, it's actually a pretty stupid move

the funds cant/wont be released until the particulars of the escrow terms are met.. which is his year to year being with the team and meeting any particular incentives within the contract (I'm assuming as I haven't seen the contract)

the reason I say it's stupid, the money would generate more interest if it remained part of the larger sum of money being held by ross and/or the dolphins

Patrick Willis?

why?

something isnt right just a couple of months ago he was 29 just turned 30 Jan. 25th :smh:

apparently that toe injury is still bothering him and he still receives treatment

I got nothing but respect for a player when they go out on their own terms like this

I think they should televise NFL free agency like they do on NSD.

Let the top free agents lay out hats of teams interested and let them pick
laugh.gif

The reactions and gifs would be endless
don't give them ideas.. they already screwed the draft up by not letting guys tip the picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom