NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
@AlbertBreer: The ******** to have CBs Brandon Browner and Perrish Cox, and DT Terrance Knighton in for visits.

Shady is going from playing behind an oline with 2 all pros, a pro bowl center and a really good right tackle.. To whatever is going on in buffalo

Maclin is teaming up with alex smith and the team that didn't have a single td by a WR.. And prior to the 1 season he had in chip's offense, never had over 1000 yards or made the pro bowl

Desean and mccoy both easily had their best seasons under chip

Sam Bradford threw for more yards in his rookie season than any season alex smith has had...
Great, and his okay rookie year is probably the best season he's ever had.

His ypa is pathetic.  All of his positive stats last season came in garbage time.

Only 7 active QBs have attempted 1,700 passes and averaged worse than 6.7 YPA. Two (Sanchez and Bradford) are on the Eagles.

No one in Philly is talking up Bradford, Chip has made himself public enemy #1 out here

After 12+ hours to sink it all in, I'm just going into 2015 with no expectations

With the age of Maclin, Jackson and McCoy you can legit say theyre coming into thier prime. Chip was a factor but those guys are very talented regardless of scheme.

Take up a good chunck of money

Chip feels after 2 year he can pretty much plug n play on offense so he is going to use them extra funds to build that defense with quality guys and depth

Last edited:
But why trade for Bradford at 13 million tho I don't get it guy would've been cut or released this year or next year . This dude Chip was payed by somebody from the NFC east to sabotage my team .

Todd herremans, the lineman we cut after spending 2 out the last 3 years on IR after playing half the season said:

"I think he values the quarterback position in his offense the most - quarterback and offensive line."

We did just take WRs in the 2nd and 3rd rounds last year.. And hopefully there is some sort of plan to address the QB position in the draft

After all this noise...

I'm taking the Vikings to make the biggest jump into playoff status next season.

Take up a good chunck of money

Chip feels after 2 year he can pretty much plug n play on offense so he is going to use them extra funds to build that defense with quality guys and depth

The offense needs quality guys and depth too! Systems make players in college, this is the league you need talent too.

And for as explosive as the offense was, and it was very good, it wasn't as good as year 1. So what's to say it automatically gets better this year?

The defense /special teams carried that team a lot of weeks where the offense had problems scoring. Philly scored twice as many non offensive tds than the next closest team.

After all this noise...

I'm taking the Vikings to make the biggest jump into playoff status next season.

A Qb in buffalo or Cleveland would REALLY sell me on those two.

All in all it's been an exciting offseason :smokin.

Chris Russell

@Russellmania980
.@ClaytonESPN on @ColemanESPN via @ESPNRadio "If he (Mariota) falls to five, I'm telling you this right now, they'll (#********) take him."

JP Finlay ‏@JPFinlayCSN 3m3 minutes ago

Seems Terrance Knighton very much in play for the #********. Today should be eventful in Ashburn, more than yesterday anyway #********Talk

One theory....Eagles flip Bradford + 20 + 2nd round pick to the Skins for the #5.

Last edited:
The offense needs quality guys and depth too! Systems make players in college, this is the league you need talent too.

And for as explosive as the offense was, and it was very good, it wasn't as good as year 1. So what's to say it automatically gets better this year?

The defense /special teams carried that team a lot of weeks where the offense had problems scoring. Philly scored twice as many non offensive tds than the next closest team.

With all the turnovers (36 total.. 21 interceptions and 15 fumbles.. The most in all 3 categories in the league)

Eagles were 3rd in points per game

5th in total yards on offense..

6th in passing yards with foles/sanchez..

9th in rushing yards with 4/5 lineman missing time (our key backup who will be our starting RG also got hurt in the final preseason game and we literally started a guy off the street)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom