NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murray has only played 1 full season since he's been in the league.
RB's that have had as many carries as Murray had last season, never ran for 1000 yards again. Good luck with that Chip
good thing we would have other RBs (at least sproles.. maybe still Mathews.. and/or polk).. IF it happens

the difference between murray and the other guys who have had as high usage as murray had last year:

"Williams, George and Johnson had limited success after those years. Can DeMarco break that trend?

There is a big difference. Johnson had 336 carries the year before he had 416. George averaged 340 carries in the 4 years prior to his busiest season. Williams had 313 and 383 carries in the years leading up to his workhorse year. Those backs were getting used an unhealthy amount.

Murray had 164, 161 and 217 carries before last year. There should be plenty of tread left on his tires. I don’t dispute that Dallas overused him last year, but that was an anomaly. In the past, either he was hurt or they wouldn’t commit to the run."

http://igglesblitz.com/2015/03/demarco-visit-philly/

Last edited:
RB's that have had as many carries as Murray had last season, never ran for 1000 yards again. Good luck with that Chip

That stat is a lie.

Eric Dickerson rushed 390 times for 1808 yards and then 379 times the following year for 2105.
James Wilder rushed 407 times for 1544 yards and then 365 times for 1300 yards.
Gerald Riggs, LT, and others did it, as well.

Kinda random, but I came across Josina Anderson Twitter while looking for some NFL news...ain't seen her in a min but i would get up in them guts all day, a 3 some with her n Doris Burke :pimp:

Agree that Dallas will be ok without Murray. I'm a huge believer in RBs being replaceable (with a few exceptions of course). League just isn't as dependent on them now.

I dunno. That OL is great, but can the Cowboys really just plug in anybody back there? Cowboys might end up resorting to letting Romo fling it around again if that running game isn't as dominant as it was last season.

I don't think they will necessarily match the producruon that Murray gave last year but of that money can do small improvements in many other areas, that sum can be greater than the drop off at RB

Chip got some unstable habits with his RB relationships.

Treated Ryan like a side piece

Last edited:
What were Murray's yards after contact? From what I saw from him he wasn't exactly breaking tackles especially later in the year.

Chip got some unstable habits with his RB relationships.

Treated Ryan like a side piece

I've given Mathews a lot of **** (calling him glass legs) for years, because he couldn't stay on the field.

But he doesn't deserve that ****.

Scumbag chip if he really takes back the offer :smh:

Last edited:
Scumbag chip if he really takes back the offer
mean.gif
John Middlekauff @JohnMiddlekauff  ·  57m 57 minutes ago

I've been told from multiple people the #Eagles trying to sign Murray has no impact on signing Ryan Mathews. Chip wants them both

I suppose I could tolerate AP on the Bucs. Would hate to see him go though. Minnesota has all the leverage here, so even though TB is pursuing, doesn't mean it's a certainty that things get done. Spielman is getting that #34 pick for sure if this goes down and some combination of picks/players.

Seriously. That same account had Murray going to Cincy. Yea ok cause that sounds right... 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom