NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of being wrong,I really thought that Crabtree was gonna be the goods coming out of college 
mean.gif

Who ******* cares what NFL scouts think? These are the same clowns that were creaming their drawers over Blake Bortles. :lol:

Please stop talking about throwing to wide open receivers. Seriously. You didn't watch a single Louisville game.

Just watch the first 1:30 and then say you're sorry. After that, watch the Florida highlights.

Teddy has/had flaws, but 'throwing to wide open receivers' sure as **** ain't one of them. Wobbly deep ball, needed work on touch sometimes, and he took some sacks that he shouldn't have.

Last edited:
That's a great highlight video of a bunch of great throws but the dude was still throwing a TON to wide open receivers in space. I never said Teddy was trash either, just said I didn't see a #1 overall pick quarterback. There is a middle ground here. I don't want to see the kid fail either so let's not act like I'm rooting against him.

RG3 coming out of Baylor was outstanding, guys like him need hard coaching which he got at Baylor. He would've been a better prospect than Bridgewater.

I think there's hope for him even if it's not in DC, same with Geno Smith in NYJ.

I was super disappointed Barkley didn't come out when we had two first round picks... lol

I think the "I was down on RG3 first" train is incredibly silly. The guy had a legitimately great rookie season. His career was doomed by injuries, mismanagement, and his own arrogance but even now it's not like he was some can't-hit prospect. A lot had to go wrong for him to end up where he is now.

Carson had how many good years before his knee was wrecked?

That happened on his second season starting. Which was an absolutely stellar season statistically... He was the next elite QB imo.

Of course he also had Chad, Housh, Chris Henry. Great trio.

Last edited:
Carson had a great year the following season. Cincy fan likes to blame Kimo but it was a variety of other factors.

It was his second full year starting, third overall

Last edited:
Geno has a solid core now with this B. Marsh addition and Gailey will *hopefully* run a spread offense that Geno thrived in in WV.

Then again, all is changed if we go Mariota.

Carson had a great year the following season. Cincy fan likes to blame Kimo but it was a variety of other factors.

It was his second full year starting, third overall
Henry's death and Houshmanzadeh leaving did not help, but there's no question that injury permanently impacted his career.

Edit:  He also had shoulder injuries.  He's kind of like the Deron Williams of QBs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom