NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
saying me and the president both have to do our jobs the right way to save the world from collapsing.

Dude, the president lost his job for getting a nobber from a fatty. Unemployment would be thru the roof if that was applicable in real world jobs.

Comparing your very basic 60,000 salary desk job to Josh Gordon's "job" and profession is literally the stupidest thing I've heard this year.

Does your job gives you a awards, Super Bowl trophies and the chance to be remembered in a place called the Hall of Fame if you succeed at what you do? If not, than your comparison from what you do for a living to what Josh Gordon's does is like saying me and the president both have to do our jobs the right way to save the world from collapsing.

Just quit the nonsense comparing. If that was the case, Ray Rice wouldn't see another day in the NFL if the NFL should treat its players the same way my job treats me.

You gotta stop letting the Cleveland bleed out so much. We all get it man, you root for the team/state and you ride or die for the team/state. But you are 100% in the wrong in this case. And just because you are in the wrong here, doesn't mean you gotta start talking down to people.

It's not even about the comparison of profession. It's about him being an employee of the NFL. Which is 100% true, is it not? Then him signing a contract to abide by the rules of the NFL, is that not also true? Then, he begins the continuously breaks the rules set forth in front of him. As his employer, it's their right to band him as long as the contract states but they hold no obligation to help him. And why should they? Again, this is a man showing no remorse for what he has done and no signs of wanting to change. As a man, it's on him to take the first step and he has not. It's not about comparing our jobs to what Josh Gordon gets to do. At the end of the day he is an employee of the NFL who has a contract that states certain things should not be done.

I'm all for drugs being legal. But they're not. So you gotta abide by them. This dumb *** notion that "Oh it's just weed, he shouldn't be suspended for that" is for the ******* birds.

Last edited:
There are traits that are similar across all jobs. And the conversation has been pretty solid. No need to talk down since you don't agree with the comments. Obviously there are major differences with our employment and Josh's. But that doesn't mean there aren't commonalities because there certainly are
Right, its called you're paying me to do a job and stay within your guidelines you've set.  Pretty uniform description of a "job".

:lol: @ people crying about fairness

5407869-The-Count-How-Often-Does-Bill-Belichick-Smile.jpg

this. props for the deep playoff runs. lulz at using season wins when the division is the a.f.least.

So now Peyton's regular season wins dont count because he played in the AFC South ? So Peyton is mediocre in the regular season AND the playoffs now? Got it :lol:

This is the NFL boys. Every team is good and a W is a W. Stop trying to discredit long-lasting success based on strength of schedule. That is laughable.

long lasting success that correlates with strength of schedule. that cant be swept under the rug. doesnt tell the whole story but you cant pretend the pats havent had cupcake schedules for years.

we can only play who's on our scheduled. it's not like we're losing every out of division game. consistently winning 11-13 games. and usually we lose at least one division game. so we're beating most teams we face, both in and out of division.

Last edited:
@Deuce King @Buc Em Pops and I got the Bucs for our 33 pool this year. I hope they put up points.

What is that?

This pool where we pick teams from a hat. Whatever team scores 33 pts that week wins the weekly pot. If no one hits 33 then the pot builds up until someone hits 33. So I need the bucs to throw up some points this year.

My Dad used to do that as well, but I think the team he had was randomized every week. It's a good pool because 33 is hard to come by.

Rolling Rock is so ******* gross :lol: they have a bar in the city that used to sell it for $1 a can, only time I could stomach that trash.

Whoa gents, I said my college beer. So it is compared to Keystone, Busch and Natty

Latrobe is awesome though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom