NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be allowed to smoke weed between the half too

If you wanna be able to smoke weed and get away with it then go get a 9-5 and give up the NFL career
Why shouldn't NFL players be able to smoke weed?  It doesn't have any particular relationship with the job being performed, as long as they aren't high while playing (smoking at the half
laugh.gif
). 

Why is smoking weed so much worse than beating a woman or driving drunk in the NFL's eyes?

Last edited:
:rolleyes dude what?

make a tangible argument instead of saying things for the **** of it.

guarantee all you dudes criticizing pour up.

Dudes pour up? If I was told I couldn't drink or smoke weed in return to set myself for life then I'd do it

That enough for you?

Your argument is basically weed isn't as bad as alcohol so it's alright he keeps breaking the rules

Why shouldn't NFL players be able to smoke weed?  It doesn't have any particular relationship with the job being performed, as long as they aren't high while playing (smoking at the half :lol: ). 

Why is smoking weed so much worse than beating a woman or driving drunk in the NFL's eyes?

I could careless if people smoke weed I'm for legalization but until the NFL agrees to that then don't do it

If you know you're breaking the rules then it is what it is when you get busted

Nobody should be getting suspended for weed imo, if it becomes a problem let the team handle it.
I agree. More than anything it's just a ridiculously disproportionate response when dudes are getting multiple DUIs and arrests, beating their wives/girlfriends, without getting suspended.

Really the policy makes no sense.
Time for folks to get with the times...

knowing the road marijuana is heading with this country and it's laws.

with the league already stating they will be more lenient with weed users

It's only a matter of time before weed is no different than alcohol from a legal standpoint....it will be a non-issue

Dudes pour up? If I was told I couldn't drink or smoke weed in return to set myself for life then I'd do it

That enough for you?

Your argument is basically weed isn't as bad as alcohol so it's alright he keeps breaking the rules

no my argument is that marijuana has its medical properties and it doesn't have to be consumed in the same element that alcohol is normally consumed.

guys smoke up and play some madden,

vs

guys drink and go to the bar and have to throw away their white suit because someone got stabbed and there's blood everywhere. or I drank too much and now my teammate is dead because I was driving. or I drank too much and someone bumped into me and now I'm going to go shoot them.

Weed is still illegal almost everywhere

Do you want the NFL to just say F the laws; smoke away Josh. You are looking at a freakin PR nightmare.

Do you want the NFL to just say F the laws; smoke away Josh. You are looking at a freakin PR nightmare.

nah but they don't HAVE to test for marijuana. it wouldn't be illegal for them NOT to test for THC.

PR nightmare?
Who would really care?
Nobody knows about these guys smoking, unless the league announces it.

PR nightmare?
Who would really care?

So when he gets busted with it in his car and the NFL turns their head? People won't be outraged in social media era?

Get real; some y'all need to look outside the little NT bubble.

So when he gets busted with it in his car and the NFL turns their head? People won't be outraged in social media era?

Again times are changing, a lot of states allow medicinal usage. These players can get their medical cards and transport it legally, they can also have it delivered for a fee.

You're running out of rebuttals. If local government can allow medicinal usage, then teams in those states should allow players to medicate if they are card-bearing citizens.

Last edited:
PR nightmare?
Who would really care?

Majority of the US is for legalization of weed, the social media era people is compromised of young people.

If your not hurting anybody and you perform on Sundays america does not care.

Again times are changing, a lot of states allow medicinal usage. These players can get their medical cards and transport it legally, they can also have it delivered for a fee.

You're running out of rebuttals. If local government can allow medicinal usage, then teams in those states should allow players to medicate if they are card-bearing citizens.

Quit with that medical crap; it's illegal almost everywhere still

I'm for legalization everywhere but until it is; follow the rules

Your only rebuttal goes back to people smoke it for medical reasons; Josh can show his doctors note and go from there then

Weed really ain't that serious to me but the fact is if a job says you can't smoke, that's their decision. And if you wanna keep that job you might wanna chill.

Last edited:
Quit with that medical crap; it's illegal almost everywhere still

I'm for legalization everywhere but until it is; follow the rules

Your only rebuttal goes back to people smoke it for medical reasons; Josh can show his doctors note and go from there then

Quit with the medical crap? :lol:

Yes let me quit making a completely valid point. No Heathen, don't do that, you're blowing a hole through my argument. Stop it, stop it please. Please, because if you bring up the fact that if players can get medical cards for dealing with the chronic conditions that come with a career of pro football I won't have a valid argument to stand upon.

Stooooop itttttt!!! :lol:

And no Josh can't show his "doctor's note" because it doesn't matter at this point if he can get a medical doctor to sign off on medicinal usage as the NFL won't allow it either way. Kinda ****** really.

Last edited:
Quit with the medical crap? :lol:

Yes let me quit making a completely valid point. No Heathen, don't do that, you're blowing a hole through my argument. Stop it, stop it please. Please, because if you bring up the fact that if players can get medical cards for dealing with the chronic conditions that come with a career of pro football I won't have a valid argument to stand upon.

Stooooop itttttt!!!

So how does it being used medically relate to Josh Gordon getting busted again?

If your job drug tests are you gonna continue to smoke weed regardless of how you feel personally on the matter of legalization?

Last edited:

Time for folks to get with the times...

knowing the road marijuana is heading with this country and it's laws.

with the league already stating they will be more lenient with weed users

It's only a matter of time before weed is no different than alcohol from a legal standpoint....it will be a non-issue
Rumor was that the NFLPA was trying to negotiate the substance abuse policy in regards to weed to be less strict, in exchange for greater penalties for DUI incidents.  Which would make perfect sense.

And yeah, they are behind the times, or at least not in front of them.  Marijuana has been de-criminalized or legalized in quite a few states at this point.

So how does it being used medically relate to Josh Gordon getting busted again?

If your job drug tests are you gonna continue to smoke weed regardless of how you feel personally on the matter of legalization?

My job can't fire me on the grounds of testing positive for THC as it would be unlawful as a medical card bearing citizen.

They cannot discriminate on those grounds.

Time that the NFL gets with the picture.

laugh.gif
mean.gif

Its very simple.

The NFL says you can't smoke while employed with us, then don't smoke.

Why should the NFL bend? It's a corporation like any other and if you want to work for them you have to follow the rules they ask of you.

And just cause a handful of states allow weed you really think the NFL should say **** it? Everyone smoke?

laugh.gif
mean.gif
y'all dudes.
I don't really think that's what people are saying.

People are saying you should allow it because there isn't any good reason not to.

I almost never smoke, btw.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom