NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was understated how beat up both lines for Denver were.
jj watt dont want to hear logic though.
laugh.gif

let's not get into injuries. if the pats had a healthy gronk and talib...
i agree, the pats would of been a different team.
franc did we do a sig or avy bet last year for the AFC champ game? we did right?
yep. your avi was the eli surprise meme and your sig was you giving your blessing to the broncos in the superbowl. no wonder they lost 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

laugh.gif

let's not get into injuries. if the pats had a healthy gronk and talib...
Then you could still argue if Denver had their guys healthy they're still a better team.

Shrugs
that's the point, you can't play the injury game.

you cant just ignore injuries though. they play a huge impact on teams seasons every single year. yet somehow it makes sense to blame 1 player for a team getting blowout in every aspect of the super bowl.

It doesnt matter anymore after this last Superbowl.the numbers and all that. My dude Peyton choked in the Saints SB and had a chance for redemption this one and failed again.

Tired of giving him excuses because of his defenses.That same defense helped him that first half of this current SB all he had to do was put up pts at the very least.He put them in bad field positions too because of his blunders on offense.Peyton my fav ever but the excuses gotta stop. Tired of hearing this...

It doesnt matter anymore after this last Superbowl.the numbers and all that. My dude Peyton choked in the Saints SB and had a chance for redemption this one and failed again.

Tired of giving him excuses because of his defenses.That same defense helped him that first half of this current SB all he had to do was put up pts at the very least.He put them in bad field positions too because of his blunders on offense.Peyton my fav ever but the excuses gotta stop. Tired of hearing this...
the superbowl against the saints is another story. the discussion at hand is last years superbowl.

Last edited:
Now both lines of Denver was beat up.
eyes.gif

But when dude was crusing to the Super Bowl it wasn't a problem
eyes.gif

When they beat Thomas it wasn't a issue
eyes.gif
lulz wut. bruh i said this all last season before they even reached the superbowl. it wasnt a secret. it wasnt a problem when they were 'cruising' to the superbowl because the offense had a record season and covered up for the holes on both lines and the defense. it was until the last game of the season that they ran into an elite defense that everyone else caught up. everyone was talking about the record season yet many were not talking about the big elephant in the room. i said this countless times.
@franc

You'll never witness a Peyton manning Super Bowl as long as he actually had to play in the post season.

Fact.

The Broncos will not win a Super Bowl this year.
the broncos actually have a better team this year than last year and the lines appear to be healthy. but championships are not won on paper they are won on the field. if this team can stay healthy, they have a better shot of winning the superbowl this year than last year. time will tell though. i know you will be rooting for peyton 
smokin.gif

Blaine Gabbart had a pretty good showing tonight

You sure?

I saw his stumbling effort of a first pass that hung dude out to dry and it re-confirmed to me that either he should be out of the NFL or I should be in it. Most definitely the former.

I never thought this would be said... But the jags robbed the 9ers of a 6th round pick

Didn't think that was possible... :lol: :lol:

franc, how many excuses we gonna give dude lol. Now its the defense fault he didnt put pts up?

When/If he folds this playoffs I wonder what the new excuse will be.probably some ref conspiracy against him :lol:

Arian still got it imo.hes just soft

Foster is done. Ponders retirement after getting paid, plays on a complete crap team in rebuilding mode, hasn't practiced. I can't understand why people still scoop him up as early as early 2nd round.

sb sb if the Broncos win a Super Bowl this season I'll buy you a Manning jersey.

Srs.

:wow:

franc, how many excuses we gonna give dude lol. Now its the defense fault he didnt put pts up?

When/If he folds this playoffs I wonder what the new excuse will be.probably some ref conspiracy against him :lol:

nobody said the denver defense was at fault for points not being put up. the banged up o-line and receivers and manning facing an elite defense has more to do with the lack of points. im not making excuses just pointing out the obvious. the seattle defense played lights out. its that simple.

It's not even about excuses, it's more about how a team loss is conveniently blamed on one player to fit a narrative

A few notes from the evening explosion

1. I hope you don't believe that 'numbers don't lie'. Stats and numbers are always skewed to fit an agenda and rarely tell the truth. 'Lies, damn lies and statistics' is the phrase you should believe. Otherwise I can't imagine what you fall for

2. Being just a great regular season QB is nothing to scoff at. 80% of the games (min) are regular season games. If you dominate something 80% of the time, that's impressive

3. Tom may have given the 07 Pats a lead but more telling is only scoring 14 points. Yikes. You go into that game saying NYG will only score 17 I'm guessing EVERY Pat fan would take it. I'm surprised Pats fans are as 'ok with it' as they are regarding the offensive failures of that game (definitely not all on TB12). Didn't just cost them a championship, cost them football immortality as the greatest team to ever play. 14 points on that stage (shakes head)

4. 09 SB was more of a failure for Peyton than this last one IMO. I have a variety of reasons for that feeling but don't feel like typing it all on the phone

5. I don't often see PM being called the best ever on here. I always see it phrased as 'one if the' which leads me to believe we a take his 'lack' of post season success into account

6. I think it was worth pointing out all the SB champs the Colts lost to. At least it wasn't slouch teams, 03, 04, 05, 09

7. If you feel this way about Peyton, what about Dan?

8. Anything Peyton does now is bonus time to me. At his age he can't be expected to lead a team to a championship so the fact he got close is shocking. Elway did it by not being the focus of the team. Broncos haven't gone that route again, they are completely focused in PM. Kinda unfair

8. The Broncos do know how to get rolled up in SBs. Good Lord :lol:

9. Joe Cool is the man IMO

That's all I can think of to comment one, love when this thread jumps like that

Last edited:
It's not even about excuses, it's more about how a team loss is conveniently blamed on one player to fit a narrative

quoted for emphasis

A few notes from the evening explosion

1. I hope you don't believe that 'numbers don't lie'. Stats and numbers are always skewed to fit an agenda and rarely tell the truth. 'Lies, damn lies and statistics' is the phrase you should believe. Otherwise I can't imagine what you fall for

2. Being just a great regular season QB is nothing to scoff at. 80% of the games (min) are regular season games. If you dominate something 80% of the time, that's impressive

3. Tom may have given the 07 Pats a lead but more telling is only scoring 14 points. Yikes. You go into that game saying NYG will only score 17 I'm guessing EVERY Pat fan would take it. I'm surprised Pats fans are as 'ok with it' as they are regarding the offensive failures of that game (definitely not all on TB12). Didn't just cost them a championship, cost them football immortality as the greatest team to ever play. 14 points on that stage (shakes head)

4. 09 SB was more of a failure for Peyton than this last one IMO. I have a variety of reasons for that feeling but don't feel like typing it all on the phone

5. I don't often see PM being called the best ever on here. I always see it phrased as 'one if the' which leads me to believe we a take his 'lack' of post season success into account

6. I think it was worth pointing out all the SB champs the Colts lost to. At least it wasn't slouch teams, 03, 04, 05, 09

7. If you feel this way about Peyton, what about Dan?

8. Anything Peyton does now is bonus time to me. At his age he can't be expected to lead a team to a championship so the fact he got close is shocking. Elway did it by not being the focus of the team. Broncos haven't gone that route again, they are completely focused in PM. Kinda unfair

8. The Broncos do know how to get rolled up in SBs. Good Lord :lol:

9. Joe Cool is the man IMO

That's all I can think of to comment one, love when this thread jumps like that

giphy.gif

except #8 and #9 :lol: :smh: |I

Foster is done. Ponders retirement after getting paid, plays on a complete crap team in rebuilding mode, hasn't practiced. I can't understand why people still scoop him up as early as early 2nd round.

Exactly. This dude does not want to play football for the Texans anymore. I don't trust him.

I'll be at FedEx tonight as well, though in a working fashion. Hopefully I get a sweet post again for the game. *fingers crossed*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom