NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:  Snow College is actually a decent JC program.  At least from a producing FBS talent standpoint.  IIRC they have quite a few guys on PAC 12 and MWC rosters.

Star Lotulelei and Brett Keisel are probably their most famous alums. 

jordan devey will not be on the level of those two guys...just a hunch :lol:

i have a feeling the NFL and Goodell will be making an appearance on the new season of South Park
Man i called that one.  First episode of the new season too 
roll.gif

Courtesy of @JumpmanFromDaBay

Four Raiders ranked in PFF top 50 rookies
By Tyler Green  @TylerGreenSB on Sep 24 2014, 5:03p 44

For the first time in a while, the Raiders finally appear to have had a great draft. Through three games of the NFL season, the Raiders have four rookies that rank in the top 50 rookies according to Pro Football Focus (membership required).

Khalil Mack (#2 overall, #1 linebacker)

Mack has had an awesome start to the season totaling 19 total tackles along with multiple quarterback hits and pressures. He has been the most impressive player on the Raiders defense. Mack also has the third best overall rating among 3-4 outside linebackers. At this point, he is leading the race for Defensive Rookie of the Year with Anthony Barr and Kyle Fuller close behind.

Derek Carr (#27 overall, #1 quarterback)

Even without a consistent receiving core and virtually no running game, Carr has managed to improve every week. This last game against the Patriots, he did a great job of stepping up in the pocket when pressure came from the outside. Carr also did a better job of pushing the ball downfield and led the Raiders to a game tying touchdown drive that was ultimately called back for a holding penalty on Gabe Jackson. He showed a lot of confidence and was not afraid to target star cornerback Darrelle Revis.

The second round pick has completed 68 passes (63%) for 588 yards, three touchdowns and three interceptions (one which was not his fault).

Gabe Jackson (#34 overall, #5 guard)

Gabe Jackson had a great preseason which was one of the reasons the Raiders gave him the starting nod at left guard. His first two weeks of the regular season were awesome as he exploded off the line and did a nice job protecting Derek Carr.

But Jackson struggled last week against the Patriots giving up multiple run stuffs and a tipped pass. The icing on the cake came when Jackson was called for a holding call that negated Darren McFadden's touchdown and ended up being the difference between a loss and overtime.

Justin Ellis (#36 overall, #2 defensive tackle)

Ellis had a slow start week one against the Vikings with only one tackle. But he has picked it up since contributing five tackles and a run stuff the past two weeks coming off the bench. "Jelly" has made his presence clear up the middle and has been forced to fight off double teams because of his size. With Pat Sims and Antonio Smith in the twilight of their careers, Ellis could find himself starting next season.

DSK, I feel the pain in that post bruh. 
Man there's a HELL of a lot more I haven't said yet g.

2009 draft.

Patriots are slotted at 23. The guy they want (Percy Harvin) goes one pick before to Minnesota. Bill decides to trade out of the first round. They get a few picks out of multiple trades...none of the players selected are with the team right now. Most of them are out of the league.

On their way out of the round, New England ships the 26th pick to Green Bay. Packers use it to select Clay Matthews.

2010 draft.

Patriots are slotted at 22. They trade down two spots for Denver's 24th and pick up a 4th rounder who is currently sitting in a cell masterbating to pics of Gisele.

Denver selects Demaryius Thomas.

Patriots are now at 24. They trade down AGAIN, this time with the Cowboys and pick up their 3rd rounder. 3rd rounder ends up being Taylor Price. Doesn't even last two seasons before he's cut.

Dallas selects Dez Bryant.

Bill somewhat saves himself by taking Devin McCourty with the 27th pick. Still wasn't worth all that ****.

They had two 2nd rounders that year. First pick...Gronk. Thumbs up. Next pick...Jermaine Cunningham. Thumbs down. The following player drafted after Cunningham? Also a DE from Florida...Bengals select Carlos Dunlap.

2011 draft. See my previous post for info on the turnstile.

2012 draft.

They move around all over the place in the 1st round as usual. They actually trade up for once (
eek.gif
) and scoop up Chandler Jones. Also select Dont'a Hightower. No complaints here.

2013 draft.

Patriots are slotted at 29. Belichick feels the itch and can't help himself. Trades out of the 1st round for Minnesota's 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. They grab Jamie Collins, Logan Ryan and Josh Boyce. The jury is still out on the first two...Josh Boyce was cut after the preseason and signed back to their practice squad.

Minnesota used the Pats' 1st round pick to select Cordarrelle Patterson.

And this is just 1st round action in recent drafts. 
mean.gif
There's plenty of other **** to slander Bill the GM for, but I'll stop here for now.

Last edited:
It must be an AFC East thing DSK. I can absolutely match those kind of misses the past decade.

Jimmy trading back thinkin the guy he wanted would be gone by 19. That guy? Randy Moss. Picked 21 or 22.

Taking Jamar Fletcher instead of Reggie Wayne or Drew Brees.

Vernon Carey over Vince Wilfork.

Saban taking Ronnie Brown at 2. Could have taken Aaron Rodgers, and nabbed Frank Gore at the top of round 2.

Ted Ginn over Revis or Willis. :smh:

Koa Misi over Jimmy Graham.

Daniel Thomas over Randall Cobb.

It ain't just you guys bro. We do that **** all the time too.

Khalil Mack delivering Nate Solder to God.

Khalil is gonna be a force in this league. I'm a believer.

That 6 foot 8 inch turnstile you see in that .gif was drafted in 2011 with the first round pick the Patriots received two years prior for trading Richard Seymour. Seymour was traded 8 days before the '09 Pats season opener entering what was supposed to be the final year of his deal. Aka the yearly Pats trade in which they get rid of someone due for big bucks without having an adequate replacement in the wings.

The turnstile has regressed from a promising rookie year to hovering around average to now in the post-Mankins & Scarnecchia era looking completely exposed and currently ranking as one of the lowest graded tackles in the league.

The turnstile and that 26 year old undrafted rookie Mormon tuba player who didn't play football in high school and came out of something called Snow College are tasked with protecting the blind side of our 37 year old QB.

The same QB who took a reduction in salary to prevent this type of **** from happening and is scheduled for steeper pay cuts in the future.

And Bill doesn't get called out about any of this because he's a demi-god at his regular job. :smh:  

Preach :smh:

At this point I wouldn't be mad if Brady wanted out. Kraft is a snake that refuses to open his pockets

This is the same guy that was ******* models within 6 months of his wife death

Last edited:
Was it Brady's dad who said Bill would replace Tom if he could find someone who was just as good for a dollar less? Maybe they've been hoping for their own Montana/Young situation this whole time drafting QB's.

Last edited:
Preach :smh:

At this point I wouldn't be mad if Brady wanted out. Kraft is a snake that refuses to open his pockets

This is the same guy that was ******* models within 6 months of his wife death

Wtf ?

Why is Kraft not allowed to **** models after his wife's death ? Why are you worried about that ? Makes zero sense :lol:

Tramp, what Luck sounds like, Chester, South Park, and "I Like That **** :D" all has me :rofl: right now

Last edited:
As much as I like Barron, we took him over that dude in Carolina. Him and Lavonte would've been 
sick.gif
sick.gif
. Could've been worse if Bucs traded up up Claiborne

As much as I like Barron, we took him over that dude in Carolina. Him and Lavonte would've been :x :x . Could've been worse if Bucs traded up up Claiborne

Every time I see Earl Thomas making plays then I see Brandon Graham on the sidelines...

I feel the pain you feel

In 2010 the Eagles passed on Graham for Earl Thomas

Nate Allen for TJ Ward

Daniel Teo'N Shiem for Eric Decker

-----------

2011 draft :x thank god for Kelce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom