NFL/NCAA Feet: '10-'11 Football Equipment/Cleats/etc.

Jeff. WOW. great catch on the cleats, and the gloves.
i did not notice that at all.

personally i love the idea of those new uni's.
i thought the Jaguars and ******** renderings were pure fire!
i am not a fan of either of those teams, but if Nike did those
i would easily be in line to buy both.

gonna try and post some pics in here.
as this is one of my favorite threads.

Jeff, do you own any of the TCU combat stuff?
good luck to your team by the way.

JEFF... like 119 said. Good eye. I didnt even notice.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

Those are so fake, I can't believe anybody thought they are real. They left the red trim on almost all the gloves, they left the TCU logo on the shoes. NFL players have to wear stockings (no low socks). Why would Nike reuse their college pro combat background?
Plus the "JETS" logo on the helmet is pretty poorly placed on the full body shot, and even worse on the helmet close up (where it overlaps onto the facemask). I would like to clarify as well that I believed you when you said they were fake, I was just speculating about whether or not Nike would try and change the uniforms.

Nike can't just change the uniforms. The teams are in charge of their branding. Nike can design new uniforms (like they did with the Broncos), but it is up to the teams to decide if they want to wear them.
Thank god for that.

Those are so fake, I can't believe anybody thought they are real. They left the red trim on almost all the gloves, they left the TCU logo on the shoes. NFL players have to wear stockings (no low socks). Why would Nike reuse their college pro combat background?
Plus the "JETS" logo on the helmet is pretty poorly placed on the full body shot, and even worse on the helmet close up (where it overlaps onto the facemask). I would like to clarify as well that I believed you when you said they were fake, I was just speculating about whether or not Nike would try and change the uniforms.

Nike can't just change the uniforms. The teams are in charge of their branding. Nike can design new uniforms (like they did with the Broncos), but it is up to the teams to decide if they want to wear them.
Thank god for that.

Originally Posted by oneonenine

I have the helmet from last season, the gloves from both, the shirts from both (including the hard to find dri-fit) and the trainers.  Don't have any of the jerseys (but I don't wear jerseys).  Still really want a pair of the Carbon Vapor's from last season or the LTs from this season, but haven't really tried that hard to get them.

Originally Posted by oneonenine

I have the helmet from last season, the gloves from both, the shirts from both (including the hard to find dri-fit) and the trainers.  Don't have any of the jerseys (but I don't wear jerseys).  Still really want a pair of the Carbon Vapor's from last season or the LTs from this season, but haven't really tried that hard to get them.

Jeff, care to post any of those?
those trainer 1's are hard to find. especially in size 9.
i have only seen 2-3 pairs of the Tcu tr1 pop up for sale i believe.

can't wait to see my Ducks new Smu's on friday! (cleats)

Jeff, care to post any of those?
those trainer 1's are hard to find. especially in size 9.
i have only seen 2-3 pairs of the Tcu tr1 pop up for sale i believe.

can't wait to see my Ducks new Smu's on friday! (cleats)

Originally Posted by xlebroniv23

Jerseys looked so nice but we got 2 personal fouls after TDs and apparently it was for the gloves, the ref never said why idk ab TV but 3 different guys put the block "O" up with the gloves and they called 2 personal fouls

heres a yahoo article pretty much blaming nike ha:
http://rivals.yahoo.com/n...unis-ar?urn=ncaaf-289645

BOOM!

the personal foul on posey was for the "unnecessary" dive into the end zone and when boom scored they called a personal foul on one of the lineman for throwing up the block o after it . but still bs!

Originally Posted by xlebroniv23

Jerseys looked so nice but we got 2 personal fouls after TDs and apparently it was for the gloves, the ref never said why idk ab TV but 3 different guys put the block "O" up with the gloves and they called 2 personal fouls

heres a yahoo article pretty much blaming nike ha:
http://rivals.yahoo.com/n...unis-ar?urn=ncaaf-289645

BOOM!

the personal foul on posey was for the "unnecessary" dive into the end zone and when boom scored they called a personal foul on one of the lineman for throwing up the block o after it . but still bs!

Definitely a bs call for the penalty of throwing up the O.......
Ohio state's unis were definitely one of my favorites.

someone at Oregon was wearing the NEW Smu gloves against Arizona. ( Jeff Maehl )
I cannot find a decent photo of them though, i hope they wear them against oregon st.

Speaking of cool gloves, here is a photo from the Holiday bowl 2 years back.
One of my favorite gloves ever being worn by the O boys.

Last years were great also. ( Rose bowl )

Anyone watching all the Combat gloves on ebay currently?
they are flooded with them.
i saw an auction for the Bama pair end at $212 last night.
A few ohio states, and more Bama's are reaching high prices also.
i saw a Wvu pair end at a BIN of $79 also.
with a pair of Pitt's around $44 bucks BIN too.

Sidenote, the Ohio State Nike jacket Coach Tressel wore is one of the freshest jackets i've seen!

Definitely a bs call for the penalty of throwing up the O.......
Ohio state's unis were definitely one of my favorites.

someone at Oregon was wearing the NEW Smu gloves against Arizona. ( Jeff Maehl )
I cannot find a decent photo of them though, i hope they wear them against oregon st.

Speaking of cool gloves, here is a photo from the Holiday bowl 2 years back.
One of my favorite gloves ever being worn by the O boys.

Last years were great also. ( Rose bowl )

Anyone watching all the Combat gloves on ebay currently?
they are flooded with them.
i saw an auction for the Bama pair end at $212 last night.
A few ohio states, and more Bama's are reaching high prices also.
i saw a Wvu pair end at a BIN of $79 also.
with a pair of Pitt's around $44 bucks BIN too.

Sidenote, the Ohio State Nike jacket Coach Tressel wore is one of the freshest jackets i've seen!

Those Nike varsity jackets are TOUGH. Stoops OU one is nice as well.

Oh and those Nike gloves in the picture you posted above can still be found around at local Marshalls.

Oh and those Nike gloves in the picture you posted above can still be found around at local Marshalls.

If you want to see an "interesting" game as far as marketing goes, watch these two teams in the annual "Civil War" game this Saturday.

00426c417126700e17db610515c56f566a636d07_r.jpg

00d3650b151c216f0ccd1a4ab86d06b452ebdd48_r.bmp

If you want to see an "interesting" game as far as marketing goes, watch these two teams in the annual "Civil War" game this Saturday.

Originally Posted by langfor5

You can find the Oregon Holiday bowl gloves at Marshalls?
they have the diamond plate pattern, and Oregon on the inside.

Originally Posted by langfor5

You can find the Oregon Holiday bowl gloves at Marshalls?
they have the diamond plate pattern, and Oregon on the inside.

Originally Posted by MenofOregon

Spill the beans..............
YOU KNOW Oregon is going to bust out a uni look way better than osu giant killer crap.
I can't wait to see it.
WIN THE DAY!
oh yeah, the Oregon ducks pair of gloves you posted is the exclusive smu's from the Rose Bowl last year.
this years are better.

Originally Posted by MenofOregon

Spill the beans..............
YOU KNOW Oregon is going to bust out a uni look way better than osu giant killer crap.
I can't wait to see it.
WIN THE DAY!
oh yeah, the Oregon ducks pair of gloves you posted is the exclusive smu's from the Rose Bowl last year.
this years are better.

Back
Top Bottom