NFL/NCAA Feet: '11-'12 Football Equipment/Cleats/etc.

Originally Posted by BrockBo

To be honest when things like this happen in college sports ( Ohio State, Reggie Bush etc) I think its really hype in till they get caught

What helmets are you guys wearing this year my team only got 3 revo speeds so im sticking with my DNA had one since freshman year ?

I have no idea what that means.

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

Originally Posted by Size 15 Please

PleaseSayTheBaby23- How do u feel about whats going on with The U?

I have 100% faith in the court & legal system. We will hold our own in court and the truth will eventually come out.

As an attorney (and huge sports fan), I feel obligated to point out that this has nothing to do with courts or the legal system.  Paying college athletes as a booster isn't illegal. It's against NCAA rules, but they can't take you to courtfor that.

I thought certain allegations had to go through court......shows how much I know about the laws......never break so I have no concern for em
laugh.gif

Just to give everybody a heads up Eastbay has the Nike Alpha Vapor 1s on sale......I dont know why......funny I havent seen one college player or team wear these yet

you would think most WRs & DBs would be front line to get a pair

here is a video I found on them

I have 100% faith in the court & legal system. We will hold our own in court and the truth will eventually come out.

As an attorney (and huge sports fan), I feel obligated to point out that this has nothing to do with courts or the legal system.� Paying college athletes as a booster isn't illegal.� It's against NCAA rules, but they can't take you to court�for that.
��

I thought certain allegations had to go through court......shows how much I know about the laws......never break so I have no concern for em
laugh.gif

Just to give everybody a heads up Eastbay has the Nike Alpha Vapor 1s on sale......I dont know why......funny I havent seen one college player or team wear these yet

They look like soccer cleats to be honest.

Originally Posted by jayli

Originally Posted by Buc Em

I wish I knew why they changed them.  The Pro Vent first came in out 2005, and I'm not sure when the current fabric blend replaced it.  I do see pros and college guys wearing the pro vent stuff, so it must still be out there, even though it's no longer for sale to the public.  The fabric blend is 74% polyester, 14% nylon and 12% spandex, vs. the current 84% polyester and 16% spandex.  Not sure if you guys have the same experience, but the current compression shirts are loose around my stomach area (and it's not a sizing issue), whereas the pro vent had great compression all around, like a real second skin.

I tried stocking up on them bc they're so durable and comfortable, I wear them for lifting and playing sports.  The ones I have from 5 years ago are still in great condition, so at least I've still got those

are you sure you are buying the right item? I know that they have a fitted shirt. that is tight around the chest and looser as it goes down. im pretty sure there is a compression fit as well though which is tight all around

Originally Posted by BrockBo

To be honest when things like this happen in college sports ( Ohio State, Reggie Bush etc) I think its really hype in till they get caught

What helmets are you guys wearing this year my team only got 3 revo speeds so im sticking with my DNA had one since freshman year ?

I have no idea what that means.
my thoughts on miami or question?

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

As an attorney (and huge sports fan), I feel obligated to point out that this has nothing to do with courts or the legal system.� Paying college athletes as a booster isn't illegal.� It's against NCAA rules, but they can't take you to court�for that.
��

laugh.gif

They look like soccer cleats to be honest.
They brought back the old school "true" vapors......Nike always had the Speed TDs for the skills but the Vapors was always for the speedsters and I remember growing up the Vapors was always thin like soccor cleats! It wasnt until the 2007 version of the vapors came out that they switched up and started making them thicker with padding which added weight.

Old school thin Vapors (Devin Hester & Ted Ginn wore these through college alot)

2007 Vapors

2008/09 Vapors 4.2

2010 Vapors Carbon Fly

2010 faded Vapor Carbon Fly (we didnt see these until 2011 after New Years bowls & NFL playoffs)

so im guessing the Alpha Vapor 1s are what we can expect for the 2011/2012 seasons

^Man, nice shots of those Vapors. Those very first ones were just like Nike's Talaria soccer cleats, just had a different outsole of course but essentially the same shoe. Not a lot of pros wore those but I do remember those 2007 Vapors; it seemed like every DB and WR wore em.

Georgia Pro Combats for the Boise State game........Nike didnt let Georgia release em 1st
laugh.gif

Dont hate em, dont love em. Indifferent on the Georgia uniform.

Originally Posted by Size 15 Please

PleaseSayTheBaby23- How do u feel about whats going on with The U?

I did a lot more explaining in the sports thread

Will we see the death penalty? No way. Thats all ima say in this thread. Dont wanna throw us off the equipment.

@joeyb24 stay in this thread I will be able to see what I can get my hands on this year

Alright i'll check your thoughts out in there. I think its R.I.P for The U

Those Georgia Pro Combats are
smokin.gif

Wow...if somebody can get the combat shirt under the jerseys, let me know! That looks dope!

By far the worst pro combats
sick.gif

It woulda been dope for them to have a all sliver uni with red and black accents and the collar of the jersey should have had like a spiked leash stitching

^
yeah and I thought Pro Combats was suppose to have a little background and meaning to the team

ill be glad to hear why nike gave Georgia this horrible uni

I tried on the Under Armour Nitro III Low MC CompFit, and it was a really, really amazing first impression. Seeing it online, I thought CompFit might be a bit of a gimmick, but after trying it on I can say that it really does feel wonderful. You're ankles feel as mobile as they would in a typical low top, but it has the improved lockdown you can ony find in a mid. Also, the upper is flexible without being too flimsy, and the plate has just the right amount of flex. Of course, I'm not sure how well the cleat would hold up over the course of a season, but they might be my next purchase.

EDIT:

Cam Newton in a pair of unidentified UA's
Cam+Newton+Carolina+Panthers+v+Miami+Dolphins+fLflEZmcijxl.jpg

I got a pair of UA cleats

I just couldnt do it
laugh.gif
......I wore em for one game and called it quits
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Shox23

I'm loving the helmet but it wouldn't kill them to put some striping on the pants

Yeah exactly...
those new vapors look more soccer like

Georgia's pro combats are ugly imo. The stripped facemask is sort of unique but the jerseys themselves look uninspired.

Back
Top Bottom