NFL/NCAA Feet: '12-'13 Football Equipment/Cleats/etc. Vol. Nike is back in the NFL!

Why release those two teams?? No one is a fan of those teams unless you go to those schools!! Release FSU, Texas, Florida, OSU, Oregon, teams that will actually move units. They have the Army gloves from last year up too. But again, who cares, get relevant teams up there!
http://www.eastbay.com/product/mode...1DC241272&cm=CrossSellMB#sku=12715618&size=XL

And the amount of people that go to the service academies is so small. They are harder to get into then Harvard.

And the amount of people that go to the service academies is so small. They are harder to get into then Harvard.

but the people that serve or have served in those branches is much greater. its not just about the academies. I know if they dropped an air force pair i'd pick them up.

just got a bunch of PE's in the other day..I would post pictures of them for you guys, but im new to niketalk and not sure how to

^^^^^ Word.  To be accepted by a service school, you need a letter from a Congressman in addition to all the collegiate requirements. You may not care for them, but as a former Sailor and a current Soldier, I like them, and I didnt attend a service school. I am an enlisted soldier with a degree (shout out Louisiana Tech) and chose not to serve an officer. The "War Room" is brutal. And if you question the toughness of these kids ( I can say that because I'm 30+), try doing normal academics, military duties, and intercollegiate athletics. Not easy, and I've meet couple from both Army and Navy.  I'm a fan of both schools because the life they chose.  Just because you don't feel like they don't deserve........"gloves", doesn't mean everyone has the same sentiment.  It's the price we pay (both foreign and current), so you can make those comments.

Last edited:
^^^^^ Word.  To be accepted by a service school, you need a letter from a Congressman in addition to all the collegiate requirements. You may not care for them, but as a former Sailor and a current Soldier, I like them, and I didnt attend a service school. I am an enlisted soldier with a degree (shout out Louisiana Tech) and chose not to serve an officer. The "War Room" is brutal. And if you question the toughness of these kids ( I can say that because I'm 30+), try doing normal academics, military duties, and intercollegiate athletics. Not easy, and I've meet couple from both Army and Navy.  I'm a fan of both schools because the life they chose.  Just because you don't feel like they don't deserve........"gloves", doesn't mean everyone has the same sentiment.  It's the price we pay (both foreign and current), so you can make those comments.

Not to mention that each Congressman can only give so many letters out to potential applicants. To be a athlete at an academy is unreal. Not only do you have to be a great highschool athlete and have great grades, you have to be a leader, ie team captain and play multiple sports. Basically you have to do everything right and be a well rounded person. Hard to accomplish all of it!

Anyone know what gloves these are?

Last edited:
LSU Wore the same gloves.

@LSUFBEquipment Tweeted these Pics before the game. The gloves are on the far left in the top pic. Not sure what they are or what they are called but want to find out. The Cleats in the bottom Pic are "Nike Alpha Pro's" they are in the nike football team catalog.

More Pics of the Unknown Gloves

I Saw Florida State players wearing them in the Orange Bowl aswell.

Last edited:

No disrespect intended, I was talking about a financial perspective and what would move units for Nike for those gloves. I have never seen anyone in my life wear any Army/Navy/Air Force Nike apparel/shoes/gloves in my life so I was saying its an odd choice to put out a $85 glove that is not going to move. The clothes that the military men actually wear, I am assuming, is more along the lines of their official hoodies, sweats, etc that they receive, not some fancy Nike apparel, however, I am just assuming of course. I have tremendous respect for all the military, I appreciate what they do for our country.

On another note, the FSU gloves are the Superbad 2.0 of course, the other ones are brand-new, no clue the name on those.

No disrespect intended, I was talking about a financial perspective and what would move units for Nike for those gloves. I have never seen anyone in my life wear any Army/Navy/Air Force Nike apparel/shoes/gloves in my life so I was saying its an odd choice to put out a $85 glove that is not going to move. The clothes that the military men actually wear, I am assuming, is more along the lines of their official hoodies, sweats, etc that they receive, not some fancy Nike apparel, however, I am just assuming of course. I have tremendous respect for all the military, I appreciate what they do for our country.
On another note, the FSU gloves are the Superbad 2.0 of course, the other ones are brand-new, no clue the name on those.

I understood what you were saying. It wasnt a knock on the military. It would be like the NFL pushing tons of gear from the Jaguars, which not only have a losing season, but are from a small market and have one of the smallest fan bases. Instead, they should push gear from the Cowboys and Patriots which are the most popular and have the biggest following.

I also think they might have done it because the did another 'Rivalry' uniform redesign for the service academies. I didnt see any other Nike teams besides Oregon get redesigns specially for this season where the gloves were unique. I could be wrong, but that is another theory as to why it was done.

Seen varying reports on the helmet Oregon will wear tomorrow night. First read it would be the yellow version with the silver wings, but now my impression is that it hasn't been confirmed. Any of you fellas with Oregon "inside info" can confirm which helmet we will see? I understand its the white jersey with changing color numbers but haven't heard anything about pants or helmet.

Check this out. About the gloves nobody knows the name of that LSU and FSU Wore.

@usnikefootball Tweeted this yesterday.

They are called "Vapor Fly's" and LSU and FSU were wearing Limited Edition version of those gloves. The "Vapor Fly's" will be avaiable for purchase before next season.

I was covering the Dallas Skins game and one of my boys on the team gave me these during warm ups. Trying to get a pair of the Yellow joints this week and Gold Pants.

not that I'll ever wear them.. but I happen to be a fan of the team I cover and to have the Gold Pants would be unreal and Im not even a collector.

Ducks will be wearing all green Alpha Pro's with chrome green plates, and green and white Vapor Fly gloves in the Fiesta Bowl. Look here!
0dd74efa_InternetExplorerWallpaper.x-ms-bmp

Ducks will be wearing all green Alpha Pro's with chrome green plates, and green and white Vapor Fly's. Take a look!

Those cleats though... Need them AND the gloves. Sooo sick.

Last edited:
I'm not sure anyone has this info, but is there any way to find out the slogans for the BCS losers shirts if they had won such as Florida or LSU? Just wondering what Nike would have used for them.

For what it's worth

Last edited:
Does anybody know what helmet Oregon is going to wear tonight? At the media day they had the yellow and chrome helmet. On the Ducks website they a green helmet with green wings touring Phoenix. The green would make more sense seeing that there cleats are green and chrome.

From the US Nike Football twitter account last night:

Not sure if it means anything tonight.

Does anybody know what helmet Oregon is going to wear tonight? At the media day they had the yellow and chrome helmet. On the Ducks website they a green helmet with green wings touring Phoenix. The green would make more sense seeing that there cleats are green and chrome.

The Ducks are wearing the green chrome helmet. The jerseys are white with the duck bronze/green shimmer numbers and the same on the 'feathers' on the shoulders. The new gloves are also looking clean. I cant wait to see solid colors in these new Vapor Fly gloves.

K State a little is apparently a little impressed with the Ducks gear. Too Funny!!

Back
Top Bottom