NFL/NCAA Feet: '12-'13 Football Equipment/Cleats/etc. Vol. Nike is back in the NFL!

looks like tcu is adding a dark grey uni and helmet this year, along with a purple horned frog scale print helmet.  me likes!!!

New-TCU-Football-Uniforms-2.jpg

New-TCU-Football-Uniforms-1.jpg

New-TCU-Helmet-2.jpg

anyone get the vapor talon elites yet and feel like they run BIG?!?!? i usually always get a 10.5 in nike cleats, but i got a size 10 for the vapor talon elites because eastbay said they run true to size width and length. I tried on a 9.5 at %%%@# today and they felt perfect.

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

looks like tcu is adding a dark grey uni and helmet this year, along with a purple horned frog scale print helmet.  me likes!!!

TCU had that gray helmet last season. They also have been using the frog scale print. The picture of the helmet you posted is just a shiny version of the flat purple they wore last season.

tcu-webpg-vertical.jpg

Originally Posted by just another pair

anyone get the vapor talon elites yet and feel like they run BIG?!?!? i usually always get a 10.5 in nike cleats, but i got a size 10 for the vapor talon elites because eastbay said they run true to size width and length. I tried on a 9.5 at %%%@# today and they felt perfect.
I wear a 10 in sneakers and usually wear a 10.5 in cleats.  I got a 10.5 in the vapor talon elites and they fit great.

you're right and wrong. the helmet i called grey looks to be the white to grey gradation helmet they've had for a couple years now. it looked grey in the photo, so i assumed they moved to an all grey helmet. after further review, i was wrong.

the purple with scale print is new and is not a shiny version of the matte purple with the thick black stripe down the middle, as seen last year. you're wrong.

the purple with scale print is new and is not a shiny version of the matte purple with the thick black stripe down the middle, as seen last year. you're wrong.
They used the purple with scale print all last season...Its not new to this season. The new shiny purple one is exactly like last seasons, but shiny instead of flat. That shiny purple helmet with the frog skin has a black stripe down the middle just like the flat purple one does....

This was the first game against Baylor last season....Unless you are blind, then you can clearly see the scale pattern. The shiny paint on that helmet is new, the scale pattern is not.

mg0936.jpg

damn, i couldn't see the scale print last year, i just thought it was matte. you're right, i'm wrong, i hate you.

hell, you're right, they didn't really change anything. 

damn, i couldn't see the scale print last year, i just thought it was matte. you're right, i'm wrong, i hate you.

hell, you're right, they didn't really change anything. 
Its all good. I wasnt trying to be a ****. Alot of media has been making the same mistake saying TCU unveiled new uniforms when really it was just that "anthracite" one. I went to TCU so they are my main team I follow.

Anyone know if Oregon is doing new 'support our troops' stuff for saturdays game that will be for sale to the public?

Back
Top Bottom