NFL/NCAA Feet: '12-'13 Football Equipment/Cleats/etc. Vol. Nike is back in the NFL!

didn't notice it at first but vernon davis is wearing the new hyperfuse gloves even though he's with under armour

didn't notice it at first but vernon davis is wearing the new hyperfuse gloves even though he's with under armour

Vernon is no longer under contract with Under Armour. I believe that he has been a Nike guy for a couple years now.

I was under the impression that he was a "free agent" an that's why he is routinely wearing UA cleats and Nike gloves.

Got them in yesterday and had try them out in my game. They were killing the outside of my foot in the beginning but felt great in the second half. Definitely more comfortable than the talon elites imo. I played a terrible game and felt sluggish so I'll have a better assessment of them when I actually put them to better use.

Last edited:
Got them in yesterday and had try them out in my game. They were killing the outside of my foot in the beginning but felt great in the second half. Definitely more comfortable than the talon elites imo. I played a terrible game and felt sluggish so I'll have a better assessment of them when I actually put them to better use.

Thanks for the review. Im expecting my pair in the next few hours. I will use them on Sunday. I cant wait to see how they feel.

Correction......... I got them in the mail as I was writing my last post. After initially trying them on, I thought that a 9.5 would not fit. I wear a 10 in Vapor jet 4.2 and a 9.5 in Vapor Talons and all other Nikes. After wearing them for about 5 min, they felt more comfortable. The heel fit is higher cut and more padded than previous Nike cleats. There is also now a sticker on the bottom warning that the chrome will wear off with use. They look bulky on my feet versus the Vapor Jet's or the Vapor Talon's. There is a lot of Volt details in the shoe that cant be seen from the stock photo's. Im mulling returning them though.

Thanks for the early review! Looks like they come with the bag again or that might be only on this special colorway.

Just looking at the shoe something doesn't look right to me. Doesn't have that sleak, streamlined look like the Vapor Carbons, Speed Jet's and Talon's had. I think this year I am going to stick w/ Vapor Carbons, maybe the new all white Vapor Carbon 2's and the Jordan Speed Jet TD.

I'll be keeping these and will wear them in the league i'm qb and wear the talon elites when i'm wr. Definitely like the way these look over the vapor talon elites though... or it might be because they're new and so shiny right now

Off topic, but does anyone know what the lock looking things are on these chin straps? Or where I can get some?

Last edited:
does anybody know an offical release date or month for the vapor carbon 2?? and is nike going to release more colorways for the talons?? thank you..

ps all white and black jet 2.0 look way clean 0_0!!

According to many Oregon players, looks like the ducks are getting a re-design this year (again).

According to many Oregon players, looks like the ducks are getting a re-design this year (again).

We'll see. I heard they weren't. The players were already wrong about Oregon's spring game helmet, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were wrong about this, too.

Via Nike Football Facebook:

Vapor Laser Talon
SLS 3D printing technology plate
5.6 ounces

I wonder if this was intended as only a combine 40 cleat or if it is intended for actual game play. It seems like there is not enough grip on the heel.

Saw that this morning...ekkkk looks like nothing more than a sprint spike. I think I'll pass on that and stick with Elite and Vapor Carbon's like you said, if that is even intended for game usage.

Back
Top Bottom