NFL/NCAA FEET & GEAR: '15-'16 SEASONS FOOTBALL EQUIPMENT/CLEATS/GLOVES/JERSEYS ETC.

Appreciate that feedback. Can anyone else chime in with how theirs have held up/how dirty they get? Been too much snow for me to break these out.

When I first put my untouchables on, i was beyond worried with the fit. Thought was too tight, creates to many hot spots and hugged the back of my heel too tight. After a couple hours of practice, I was so damn happy with them. Somehow I wasn't rubbed raw and feet felt great all around. With how tight the fit was, i actually felt I performed better with my footwork and making cuts. Can't explain the difference I felt. Whatever the opposite of clumsy is, is how I felt with my feet. I know they are just shoes but I love the tight fit. Had some fraying along the finger loop on the heel but I just trimmed them. The silver reflective material doesn't hold up the best on grass just like the ultimates. After one practice i gently cleaned them to get the stains off and saving them for games only. Gets a bald or worn off look on the top of the toes and sides where they get rubbed. These cleates are dope despite the price

you got pics Bro?

Thoughts on the volt? Also any news on when, or if they are going to be releasing the all white with black details edition? Would love to be ahead of the curve for the drop, the first two public colors are sold out.

I fee like nike drops the ball when it comes to producing quality product for the combine and pro day season. Don't get me wrong, they make great gear for football but I feel if they marketed for combine and pro day seasons today like they did back in the day (Sparq equipment + shoes). In the past they produce gear for certain combine players and don't make it available to the general public but this year I feel they've done nothing while Adidas and UA are making great product for testing performance, many players the last few years have chosen to run in Adidas at their pro day and the specially made UA cleats during the combine, even Manziel ran in UA last year. I've been to countless pro days and camps and while Nike is still outnumbering, I see more and more players choosing Adidas light cleats and with UA making this years 40 cleat supposedly available to the public I can see a lot of players going with that. I see more guys going with Nike soccer cleats for the 40 now.

More and more performance training facilities are signing with Adidas now with the quality combine/pro day gear they make. Now that could have a lot to do with Adidas shelling out a bigger check but top notch facilities are not reluctant to go with Adidas go with their product. They're cleats this year are crazy at 4.7oz. 

Now you can call me a Nike fanboy cuz sometimes I look like a walking billboard as my old folks would say so i'm biased with Nike. Nike is putting more and more "juice" as I call it into to their Nike Training campaign but I feel like thats a separate market from high performance on field training specifically for testing.

Idk a lot of you might disagree but thats just my 2 cents. Let me know what you think 

Last edited:
I def agree - it seems like Nike has been putting less emphasis on the combine lately which is strange considering it's become increasingly popular to watch.

Speaking of which, if the vapor laser 40 yard dash cleat was so great, then why aren't guys still using it now? That thing must've been crazy light since it was basically a sprint spike optimized for the 40.

Nike is probably focusing on in season stuff because that's the only thing that really matters. Most of these players wearing those really light Adidas cleats probably won't be wearing them during the season. IMO, nike is still superior when it matters during in game performance.

I believe they said the vapor laser 40 is too much like a track spike and told players they couldn't wear them.

And I don't know if that's the case cuz as of last year they made the special agility cleat but never released it to the public. And even though it was banned they made the vapor laser for the 40. I think they're focusing on pushing the nike training line since last year. Something has to be in the works for whenever UA combine deal is up.

Hey guys if anyone knows anyone who is selling a pair of original vapor jet td's in a size 9 or 9.5 please let me know. I'll pay a nice chunk of change for them, new or used it doesn't matter. Thanks bros

Familiar To Millions: Nike Signs Top QB Prospect Marcus Mariota To Endorsement Deal

Former Univ. of Oregon QB Marcus Mariota, who has worn the Nike swoosh while playing for the college program most aligned with the shoe and apparel company, is close to signing an endorsement deal with Nike. Sources with knowledge of the deal said the contract between Nike and the '14 Heisman Trophy winner is all but complete, and it will be officially announced before the April 30 NFL Draft in Chicago. Mariota, represented by Excel Sports Management’s Alan Zucker for marketing deals, is expected to be one of the top two QBs taken in the Draft, along with former FSU QB Jameis Winston.

Was watching the combine on my DVR and happened to notice some cleats that looked like the Untouchables but it didn't look like it had Flyknit. Those might be Nike's 'Combine' shoe.

I knew Marcus would get a deal from Nike he brought us our 1st Heisman trophy and best season in school history

I expect Jameis to sign with Adidas or Nike

Hey guys did anybody get the first edition CJ cleats? I believe they were called the Nike CJ81 Elite TD's. I just would like to know how they fit and if you guys liked them or not. Thanks!

Pic here:

Hey guys did anybody get the first edition CJ cleats? I believe they were called the Nike CJ81 Elite TD's. I just would like to know how they fit and if you guys liked them or not. Thanks!
Pic here:
 View media item 1428935

Not one of my favs

I didnt like the feel in the heel

my opinion may be biased tho cause I love low top cleats that dont feel as heavy cause I play most skill postions

Not one of my favs

I didnt like the feel in the heel

my opinion may be biased tho cause I love low top cleats that dont feel as heavy cause I play most skill postions
.5 half size up like most older nike models ie. nike zoom vapor carbon fly td.
Thanks for the response guys! Any idea on how the new CJ Elite 2 TD's fit? Same as the old, or like the new Nike models?

i tried one on when they first released and it was TTS for me.. i always half .5 sized up to a 10.5 in most of the earlier nike football cleats, but vapor talon elite, vapor carbon 2014, and the CJ elite 2 were just a size 10 for me, roomy toebox.

Thanks for the response guys! Any idea on how the new CJ Elite 2 TD's fit? Same as the old, or like the new Nike models?
FWIW I have the CJ Elite TD 2's and I've worn them twice and have had to take them off before the game and switch cleats. They hurt like hell thus far. They may get better once fully broke in but right now I do not like them. 

FWIW I have the CJ Elite TD 2's and I've worn them twice and have had to take them off before the game and switch cleats. They hurt like hell thus far. They may get better once fully broke in but right now I do not like them. 
Too tight in the toe or what?

Too tight in the toe or what?

No, not in the toes. Basically the rest of the foot though. I think they might be on the narrow side. I have the Alpha Talon Elite 2 and like those much better. Maybe it's a break in factor the CJ don't have yet. I'm not giving up on the CJs yet but if I had to do it over again I wouldn't buy them.

NFL/Nike extended their deal for three years, ends after 2019 rather than 2016.

The NBA declined to extend their deal with adidas (expires in 2017) and now Three Stripes isn't even going to make a bid for the new contract. I can't see it being anything other than a Nike/UA battle. plank wants to make a splash? Here's a golden opportunity.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom