NFL Week 1 In Review...

Prime Antonio Gates
eek.gif

Such filth
mean.gif
Thee best, ever.
lulz

tony-gonzalez-8.jpg

agreed. hope he stays healthy this year once coming back.

but considering how much time he's missed...his numbers are even more ridiculous :x

Did any of the draft experts give Travis Frederick any props for playing a good game?
If I recall correctly they were all calling Jerry stupid and saying we should have passed on Frederick or waited to take him later.

Did any of the draft experts give Travis Frederick any props for playing a good game?
If I recall correctly they were all calling Jerry stupid and saying we should have passed on Frederick or waited to take him later.

People still haven't given Jerry credit for drafting Dez, you really think they're going to give him credit for Frederick?

How many centers currently starting were drafted in the 1st round?

Actually, how many centers have been taken in the 1st in the last 10-20 years?

Last edited:

How Eric Reid and vaccaro do will have a lot of impact on what people say about that pick..

More so Reid, obviously

The less people talk about your rookie O-lineman, the better that means he's playing.

And don't expect the draft "experts" to ever admit they're wrong.  

Good point about Eric Reid though.  Cowboys sure do need a safety.

you're misunderstanding why people trashed the pick.

for the cowboys, it was a good pick because it filled a void for them.

relative to the draft, it was a poor pick because you could've got more value from that pick by trading down and gaining an extra pick. most people had him projected for mid 2nd or later.

no one said frederick was a bum, it was just a poor place to draft him considering the value you could have gained. but for you it works because you now have a full time starter.

just give him a few more years....

The thing is, will Gronk himself even be able to give us a few more years :nerd: ??

i think so. i think him getting a tag as being "injury prone" isn't really warranted. he's not straining ligaments or groins. he broke an arm and missed games last year. and then he missed one game (the superbowl) the year before because of that high ankle sprain or whatever. i think it's early to say he's always going to have injuries. really it's been two injuries, neither of which has been recurring.

the back issue is interesting. will it be a nagging thing, or are we past it? time will tell i guess...

Last edited:

The thing is, will Gronk himself even be able to give us a few more years :nerd: ??

i think so. i think him getting a tag as being "injury prone" isn't really warranted. he's not straining ligaments or groins. he broke an arm and missed games last year. and then he missed one game (the superbowl) the year before because of that high ankle sprain or whatever. i think it's early to say he's always going to have injuries. really it's been two injuries, neither of which has been recurring.

the back issue is interesting. will it be a nagging thing, or are we past it? time will tell i guess...

Bro a bad back is probably the second worst thing an athlete can have outside of bad knees and with today's modern technology it might be worse.

Bad backs don't go away dudes has been back since college. Only reason he was a 2nd round pick. Hell he knows its bad and that's probably why he left school early

Last edited:
yeah but the back issue popped up again for him after three years? it hasn't been a nagging issue yet. i get it tho, it's almost the last thing you want an issue with. i'm hoping it doesn't ruin his career.

you're misunderstanding why people trashed the pick.

for the cowboys, it was a good pick because it filled a void for them.

relative to the draft, it was a poor pick because you could've got more value from that pick by trading down and gaining an extra pick. most people had him projected for mid 2nd or later.

no one said frederick was a bum, it was just a poor place to draft him considering the value you could have gained. but for you it works because you now have a full time starter.

Wouldn't doubt that Jerry Jones doesn't even fully comprehend the process of trading picks during the draft. He relies on teams calling him and explaining what will happen. Just so he can respond with "wait so how much money do you want" None Jerry, we're offering you a future pick. "Did you say future?" *click*

Wouldn't doubt that Jerry Jones doesn't even fully comprehend the process of trading picks during the draft. He relies on teams calling him and explaining what will happen. Just so he can respond with "wait so how much money do you want" None Jerry, we're offering you a future pick. "Did you say future?" *click*

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The thing is, will Gronk himself even be able to give us a few more years
nerd.gif
??

No doubt.  I wouldn't label him as "injury prone" or at least not yet.  I was moreso referencing you when you put his name into the equation as possibly THE best TE of all-time, or soon to be.  Which he or anyone else can be for that matter.  He was on a nice pace and building a strong resume for himself until he got hurt, so now it will be interesting to see where he picks up at once he returns and if his new resume to help build his case will be as good or strong as before. 

in fairness to him, when you say he was on a "nice pace" i'd say he was on a record setting pace.

Back
Top Bottom