NFL Week 1 In Review...

Rooneys are VERY patient with head coaches. Even after this debacle of a season Mike is still around. The heat might just be a little higher than before. I'm still in favor of reviewing the GM position though

Shane Vereen to miss a few weeks because he broke a small bone in his wrist. :x

Good thing the Pats play in the Sun Belt conference, or this could have been a huge blow. :smh:

Shane Vereen to miss a few weeks because he broke a small bone in his wrist.
sick.gif

Good thing the Pats play in the Sun Belt conference, or this could have been a huge blow.
mean.gif
lulz at 'the sun belt conference'

Shane Vereen to miss a few weeks because he broke a small bone in his wrist. :x

Good thing the Pats play in the Sun Belt conference, or this could have been a huge blow. :smh:

these Cal offensive players are charmin soft, i swear

one QB excluded, of course

How stupid is Mike Wallace? You won. Shut up.

naw he had a great game yesterday, took joe haden off other WR:lol:

So, Hartline grabs 9 for 114 on Haden yesterday? Or was he open for another reason?

I know you struggle with comprehension, but that is the point I was making. Wallace was locked up all day, but that meant two lesser receivers were open all day as well. So for this instance, he did his job.

- This is the most well-round Cowboys team I've seen in a long time. Can't wait for some of you guys to realize the difference between him and Eli is really a couple of lucky bounces here and there.

And when is that gonna happen? Romo has been in the league for how long? :lol:

Props to Tony though, he toughed it out after taking that tag team finisher.

If Kaep continues to refine his passing ability then wow - imagine that offense when Crabtree gets back.

Also - since I missed the play live what do they mean by "wrong" - anyone know: NFL VP of officiating Dean Blandino has determined the officials made 2nd mistake in Matthews-Kaepernick scrum: Staley penalty was wrong.

The enforcement of the penalty was wrong.

Both penalties were after the play, meaning the play should count. The refs treated them as penalties that occurred during the play, then replayed the down. Should have been 4th and 2, but refs let them play 3rd and 6 again.

This wouldn't be an issue if clay Matthews doesn't commit a stupid penalty and put it in the refs hands. Refs definitely blew it though

That's all I got to about that play. Clay goofed and that lead to the ref screwing up.

-ravens screwed up giving flacco all that money & letting some real key players go *see note above*
Once again, Flacco's contract had nothing to do with players leaving this season...the team was up against the cap regardless...they screwed up in basically trading Boldin for nothing and no reason

Last edited:
Kaepernick is the truth. :smokin

"Kap surprised me yesterday by actually going through his progressions and playing great football from inside the pocket." -majority of NT

"Kap has shown he can be a go through his progressions and play great from inside the pocket from essentially the second he became the 49ers starting QB." -fan who doesnt make assumptions because Kap is really fast

This wouldn't be an issue if clay Matthews doesn't commit a stupid penalty and put it in the refs hands. Refs definitely blew it though

That's all I got to about that play. Clay goofed and that lead to the ref screwing up.
Staley didn't goof?

"Who cares about the rules, what Clay did was mean. :angry: "

No Staley didn't goof. That should be the end of the story right there.

And before that play even happened you guys could have declined the penalty and watched the 9ers kick a field goal. Instead you accepted it and gave us another play. I think that was the most boneheaded move out of the whole fiasco.

Either way you guys took the L, but came away looking tough against a quality opponent with a good running game. I was really impressed with the GB run D and containment of CK outside of the pocket.

Last edited:

Staley didn't goof?

can we get a GIF of those golden locks flying through the air as clay took down kap? glad kap was fine after, but i thought the play looks hilarious on replay. was like a wrestling move from monday night raw :lol:

Staley didn't goof?

NFL already came out and said Staley was not supposed to be penalized and it was infact the Packers who benefited from those flags.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-not-49ers-benefitted-from-officials-mistake/

The NFL now says it was the Packers, not the 49ers, who benefitted from the officials’ mistake on the play, because Staley shouldn’t have been flagged in the first place. The league office reviewed the play and determined that while Matthews was rightly called for a late hit on 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, the official who threw the flag on Staley for getting in Matthews’ face after running over to protect Kaepernick should not have done so.

Last edited:
from the other thread ---

AFC East thoughts after Week 1

1. my Patriots were disappointing on offense yesterday . i knew there would be some growing pains , but guys like Ridley should know better . there were some highlights , particularly in the receiving core with Edelman and Amendola . if that boy Amendola can stay healthy and continues this kind of play he is definitely an upgrade over Welker

2. yesterday should give Bills fans hope . Manuel looked very good , and the defense did a decent job considering they are missing two potential pro-bowlers in their secondary due to injury

3. the Dolphins look sloppy on offense ; it appears the $$$ they spent on Wallace isn't going to pay dividends . O-Line wasn't helping Tannehill out at all

4. Jets are lucky to walk away with the W yesterday , sloppy game overall for both them and the Bucs

Last edited:

Staley didn't goof?

I ain't got no dog in that fight but Staley didn't really do **** to me. He grabbed Clay's jersey and that was it.

I like Clay but was just a dumb play. Hit the dude in bounds like he did on the sack.

Last edited:

Staley didn't goof?

Its absolutely comical that Packer fans are b******g about this situation being called incorrectly. Its the 49ers who were screwed here, not you guys. It should have been first and goal from the three I believe, bot 4th down like you guys claim it should have been.

“After reviewing the play, Vice President of Officiating Dean Blandino determined that Joe Staley should not have been penalized,” an NFL spokesman said in a statement.

Moot anyways as Kap punched it into the endzone the next play.

Last edited:
This is also putting aside the fact that Clay threw two punches after the fact and wasn't penalized or ejected for them. My respect for him has gone way down.

Staley didn't goof?

The NFL doesnt think so. Have you seen their statement regarding Staley this morning?

Still waiting for Aaron Rodgers to acknowledge the bet he made with Boys II Men

roll.gif
Yall gotta chill I'm not even mad about the play, broadcast was saying they ****** up the call and it should have been 4th and 2... Even brought former head of officials in and he said they ****** up and it shoulda been 4th and 2.

Not yall getting info 20 hours later and getting tight that I said the game would have been on a different path.
laugh.gif

Yall thought you got the call in your favor until like 20 minutes ago so you might want to just relax.

Back
Top Bottom