NFL Week 13 In Review...

Yeah, son just skipped that.
laugh.gif
You dudes...

It was skipped on the premises that two NFC East teams make the playoffs this year being a possibility. If that is the case, just like in 2009, the Eagles and Cowboys play for the division week 17 only to meet each other again in the wild card. This did not happen in 2008. This only happened in 2009. Hence why 2008 was skipped. In 2008 we did not meet the Eagles a week later. In 2009 we did.

To summarize the above, 2008 was not mentioned because both teams did not make the playoffs regardless of what happened in week 17 whereas in 2009, we did.
so you think both teams will make the playoffs and week 17 will just determine the division winner?

in 2008, whoever won the cowboys vs eagles game went on to the playoffs (cowboys were 9-6 and the eagles were 8-6-1).. whoever lost went home

their is still a possibility that the NFC east can get 2 teams into the playoffs.. however, i think only the division winner will be going to the playoffs

there's no chance the panthers and 49ers both wet the bed and two nfc east teams get into the playoffs,i just don't see either philly or dallas winning out the rest of the season

so you think both teams will make the playoffs and week 17 will just determine the division winner?

in 2008, whoever won the cowboys vs eagles game went on to the playoffs (cowboys were 9-6 and the eagles were 8-6-1).. whoever lost went home

their is still a possibility that the NFC east can get 2 teams into the playoffs.. however, i think only the division winner will be going to the playoffs

Yes, I do think two teams will make the playoffs and week 17 just decides who is the division winner. This is why I did not mention 2008. You guys immediately jumped down my throat because you assumed I didn't mention 2008 just because of the thrashing we got. And I was merely comparing how this season and 2009 could be identical.

If the 49ers lose 2 more games, and the Eagles only drop to Dallas, as long as the Cardnials don't win out, the Eagles would win the wild card spot. I think this is very feasible as the 49ers still play Seattle and the Cardinals.

The only thing I'm iffy about is the Eagles beating Detroit. They have a front four that can generate pressure, and Foles has yet to know what it feels like to not have clean pockets.

so is your argument that the cowboys are currently better than the eagles ?

are you trying to argue that your teams defense is good ? im a bit confused here ...

Why are you playing dumb, man? He said it multiple times that all is point is is that their offense was shut down that game.
And compared to how all the other team have fared its good by comparison.

The Cowboy-Eagle race is pretty much in favor of the Boys. But only slightly. Even if we both go 3-1 and our loss is to them since that would include beating the Cicadas we'd get in off division record tiebreaker. Week 17 might not even matter. Should be good though.

Last edited:
so is your argument that the cowboys are currently better than the eagles ?

I think he is just stating that the defensive effort from Dallas was significant. Will it be significant again? No one truly knows.

Personally, I think both teams are a shade above mediocre at best. And that's being very generous.

I'm very interested in tonight's game as I've stated these are the only two teams that look worthwhile in the NFC at the moment. Obviously this is the NFL and anything can happen, but I would be shocked if both these teams don't see each other in the NFCCG

yall bringing up stuff that dont matter..
so foles playing with a groin injury doesnt matter?

bringing up the fact that foles was the second stringer...when just yesterday he was MVP..lol..u cant have it both ways..
if vick was healthy he would have been playing.. especially considering foles had a groin injury (doesnt help that he looked horrible in that game)

why exactly cant we "have it both ways"? 

was foles not "second string"?

and his play yesterday is 6 weeks and more importantly 4 wins later than that dallas game (the only loss the eagles have had with foles starting)

bringing up barkley like the game wasnt over by then...
the score was 10-3 when foles got knocked out (2:46 left in the 3rd).. the final score was 17-3

barkley had enough time to throw the ball 20 times, albeit 3 went to the other team

^^^with all that said..

Do "injured" quarterbacks throw thirty balls or not?? That's all I wanna kno.

there's no chance the panthers and 49ers both wet the bed and two nfc east teams get into the playoffs,i just don't see either philly or dallas winning out the rest of the season
only 1 has to.. panthers a little more than the 49ers.. 

panthers only have 3 losses (but 2 games left against the saints).. and 49ers have 4

we're in the 7th spot currently with 5 losses.. then is arizona, also with 5 losses (but we have the head to head win against the cards)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs/sort/conferenceRank/order/false

I think what VA is trying to say is that if he chooses to play the game, you can't use the injury as an excuse.

I'll be honest: I don't think Romo gets this benefit of the doubt being that he's played injured in 2 of his 3 "win and in" games in his career.

He also just played Thanksgiving with a virus and was puking throughout the am and got IV's at halftime. I've fallen asleep in the bathroom after being completely immoblized by a virus before :lol: so I can't imagine playing football. Do you think people on here would say "well Romo did have a virus" if they lost?

Last edited:
Philly and Dallas was an awful game. Both sides of the ball, both teams. It was an ugly game, no one dominated anyone.

Dallas' defense is historically one of the worst of all time.

NFCE is the worst division in football and 7-5 is not a great record. Dallas still has to play Washington twice and those are always hard games. Also looked like a bad team against Oakland.

Philly also looked bad yesterday.

A lot of football to play

Last edited:
Don't even let Cowboys fans phase you guys; still too much football left to be played

Clearly Peyton is MVP but Foles deserves consideration just like other players even though we know it's Peyton's

Cowboys won that game just as much as the Eagles lost it

Last edited:
Philly and Dallas was an awful game. Both sides of the ball, both teams. It was an ugly game, no one dominated anyone.

Dallas' defense is historically one of the worst of all time.

I personally think the winds limited both QB's in that game more than any type of injury..

Just a question: People keep harping on the NFCE being so bad. Aren't the NFC North and AFC South almost as bad?

I mean, it still may take 10 games to win the division. Its not like teams are clinching division titles at 7-9...

Last edited:
^ NFCE and AFCN are usually good with a lot of talent. This year, they've both been underwhelming. No one expected the NFCE to be this bad. Bengals are the only good team in either division.

AFCS didn't have expectations

Last edited:
Actually two of the AFCS teams had expectations. But only 1 is sort of doing something

Fins still alive for the final Wild Card spot, we have to win at least 3 of these last 4 to have a shot IMO.

I doubt it too. That week 17 game is gonna determine who gets in and we all know how that movie ends.

Fins still alive for the final Wild Card spot, we have to win at least 3 of these last 4 to have a shot IMO.

That last spot is so wide open.

Last edited:
You right, Dallas has one game left against Washington. I think Washington will win that game. It's at home and they know it can f up Dallas so I expect them to play

You right, Dallas has one game left against Washington. I think Washington will win that game. It's at home and they know it can f up Dallas so I expect them to play

They can play all they want, we're a better team than them from top to bottom, and RG3 is on one leg... they won't beat us.

Not to mention the majority of their players have mailed it in for the year, that was evident the last 8 minutes of the game yesterday evening.

When has that stopped the Cowboys from losing before.

They can play all they want, we're a better team than them from top to bottom, and RG3 is on one leg... they won't beat us.

Not to mention the majority of their players have mailed it in for the year, that was evident the last 8 minutes of the game yesterday evening.

When has that stopped the Cowboys from losing before.

Word.

So you're just going to ignore everything else I said as to why we'd beat them in Washington?

No but the cowboys tend to beat themselves, regardless of what the other team is doing.

Back
Top Bottom