NFL Week 5 In Review...

- 49ers back on track...Kaep is fine...why throw when Houston couldn't stop the run? Also, who is there to throw to besides Anquan? He's not a #1 WR at this point in his career and Vernon has been banged up...outside of them, nobody else...Manningham will be back in a couple weeks...should be getting Crabtree back just in time for the playoffs...

- Frank Gore
pimp.gif
...still one of the best RB's in the game...

- 49ers have the best offensive line in football...
pimp.gif

- Next 4 games for SF: vs. AZ, at Titans, vs. JAX (in London...) and vs Carolina should all be wins, will be 7-2 going into the bye week...
pimp.gif

- Just wait until the Niners get everyone back...No Aldon, Willis, Ian Williams, Crabtree, Manningham, Nnamdi just to name a few...still the best team in the NFC & the most balanced team in the NFL...
pimp.gif

- Everyone knew Romo was throwing an INT there.

- Cowgirls will NEVER win anything as long as Romo is QB & the Jones family owns the team.

- Andy Reid got them boys in KC playing good football....

- Philly won but that team is still straight doo-doo....gimmick offense & a gimmick coach with no defense whatsoever...Chip Kelly will be out of the league within 2 years...

49ers/Broncos Super Bowl this year...
no. the saints are the best team in the nfc right now.

I cannot agree with anyone who puts this loss on Romo. I know most of you are just ready to post the ":lol:" and say same old Romo. But it took a LB making a Dez diving catch INT to lose that game. On a 2nd and 16. I'm not putting that on him. Yea Tony Dungy, let me hit fragile old Mathews Demarco in the middle of the field to get lit up and make it 3rd and 10. They needed to get down the field. The Cowboys defense stopped the Broncos a grand total of TWO times yesterday. One INT and one fumble. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that even if they punted 4th and 23 or 4th and 15, Denver is marching down that field. So let's not blame the defense that was supposed to be a monster (who should have let Welker score that TD), let's not blame the "revamped" O-Line that had Romo running for his life every other pass (not even a WORD about him ducking and outmaneuvering 3 DL and completing a bomb typcial NT) but let's blame the guy who threw for 502 yards, 4 TD's and kept up blow for blow with the best QB any of us have ever seen and kept that garbage *** team in the game.

/rant

- NO winning in Chicago was extremely impressive. That Bears train stopped QUICK.
- I hear what you're saying Ches but IDK if I'm jumping on him too much for that weather against that defense.
- I get you are vehemently against running CJ in the red zone...but at what point do we stop letting Jackie Battle get goal line carries? He gets stuffed twice and they STILL run him on 3rd and 1.
- I love watching Lynch run. From Cal to Buffalo to Seattle.
- Good old Mike Wallace. You ***** for targets, you need to catch em.

I wanted to give Trent time to get acquainted in this offense, but man... he's been awful. Even Donald Brown's crappy self has busted off longer runs than Trent the last two weeks.

Donald actually has some sort of vision out there. Trent is a bodybuilder attempting to play football.

do you still stand by this statement?

Yes.

Yall puts these dudes on a pedestal week in and week out. Week 1 it was Kap. Now I guess it's Luck's turn to get rode. LOL.

"If ya'll want to crown 'em, then crown their...."

This is true though. NT and the mainstream make proclamations week to week and it changes every good or bad game.

However, Cam isn't the best young quarterback in the game...Rooting for him big time though and if he ever does put it all together he will be very very dangerous.
Agreed, people do this every week. If you go back to the week one WIR there were dudes arguing that Kaepernick is elite, doesn't get enough respect, etc. Then it was Wilson for a few weeks. And now Luck is far and away the best.. oh alright

I don't think Luck is significantly better than Cam, but it doesn't matter. What matters is that Luck has been put in a good position to succeed as a quarterback and Cam hasn't. One guy went to a top-notch, winning organization that had ONE down year. The other guy went to a mediocre franchise that has never had sustained success. And there you get your narrative.. "Luck is by faaar the best young QB, no one else is close"etc etc

- Just wait until the Niners get everyone back...No Aldon, Willis, Ian Williams, Crabtree, Manningham, Nnamdi just to name a few...still the best team in the NFC & the most balanced team in the NFL...
pimp.gif
Lolllll.

the 3-2 team that got smoked 2 weeks in a row are better than the 5-0 Saints and whooped up on the Dolphins, Bears and Cards defenses? 

Oh and the defense has only given up 20 points 1 time...

But the 9ers are the best in the NFC.... suuure...

do you still stand by this statement?

Yes.

Yall puts these dudes on a pedestal week in and week out. Week 1 it was Kap. Now I guess it's Luck's turn to get rode. LOL.

"If ya'll want to crown 'em, then crown their...."

what do you see in cam to hold him in such high regard? i agree he's got plenty of potential but something just seems missing to me

The question I'd pose you guys is what aren't you guys seeing in regards to Cam. After all that garbage going on with the coaching staff and coordinators, the atrocious run game and an aging SS leading the WR core...with what he did in his rookie year and down the stretch last year plus the start to this year...how is he not up there?

Lolllll.

the 3-2 team that got smoked 2 weeks in a row are better than the 5-0 Saints and whooped up on the Dolphins, Bears and Cards defenses? 

Lol hella mad at dudes comment :rofl:

Last edited:
Cam is making the best of an AWFUL situation.

FO isn't doing him any favors. Not sure what the details of his contract are, but would anyone be surprised if he's the first big-name guy under this new CBA to bolt in FA when he gets a chance?

Lolllll.

Lol hella mad
Why would I be mad?  My team won and is the only one of 3 W's that the 9ers have that actually gave them a game and had a lead late in the 4th.

So yea, I'm not mad.  But to put the 9ers ahead of the Saints right now is a joke.

FO isn't doing him any favors. Not sure what the details of his contract are, but would anyone be surprised if he's the first big-name guy under this new CBA to bolt in FA when he gets a chance?

He will get destroyed by the media if he does.

He'll be tagged so fast. 

He will get destroyed by the media if he does.

Cam got teflon skin. I don't think he would care about the media's opinion on him. Wouldn't be any worse than what he went through at Auburn and in the pre-draft process.

Cam is in a terrible situation. He does need to play better, the turnovers are his fault but that entire team is a mess. Deangelo and Stewart used to be a great RB duo... Now Deangelo fell off and Stewart can't stay healthy.

Last edited:
Post your observations from Week 5...

-500+ yards and 48 points and only Romo will be blamed for yesterday's L.

-The amount of Giants fans who have totally given up on their team and now only post exclusively about the Knicks is pathetic. Fairweather fans on here. Just like in the real world.

-Romo gonna Romo. Simple as that.
-Do you (of all people) blame Giant fans for feeling that way? 0-5 and they have played worse each week. Thought they might have won yesterday, but the doofus that is Eli showed up and put a stop that to. Some of my friends who are Giants fans still have faith :rolleyes .

Praying all day to the Gods above me that the Jets don't get embarrassed greatly. I'm realistic, and going into it expecting to lose, but rather lose gracefully than a nationally televised beating.

browns what?

wish we couldve got KC vs TEN with a healthy locker. cant wait to see peyton face that D in arrowhead

shaub and romo :lol: **** felt scripted. goodell was m.bison laughing that whole denver game

image saints broncos in a NY blizzard :x

chargers :smh:

a chargers coach and a raiders coach BFFs? nah stop that

bolts looked like it was past thier bedtime last night. no energy, no hustle. Mccoy did not have them boys ready to play

sooo many injuries man... this really is a JV squad. no excuses though, we had enough and we got beat. TP mobility was big, just like locker.

positives-

DJ fluker :smokin
40 yard hustle on the pick six last week and a raider body slam this week. kid won me over. should become a fan favorite

keenan allen still getting better, still stepping up

teo looked solid. should have been in on 3rd downs. have to think he makes that tackle on 3rd and long.

ladarius green will be a problem in the future

So no one is going to give the Raiders credit for putting it on the Chargers and holding them down? That defense got pressure and forced turnovers, what more do you want?

credit given.

nothing worse than losing to the raiders :x

To be fair to Eli... Refs missed an "illegal hit to the QBs head" call on that first interception which turned out to be the final lug nut on the wheels as they came off.

Giants were down by 1 at that point.

Lions

- O-Line played like crap yesterday, created no holes for Bush or Bell and allowed 5 sacks while they only allowed 3 in the previous 4 games, Reiff was especially getting picked on and beat

-Still love the signing of Reggie Bush and what he brings to the team but it's pretty obvious he's only electric when Calvin is in the game and he faces favorable coverages

-Patrick Edwards, Kris Durham, Kevin Ogletree, and Ryan Broyles weren't getting any kind of separation and the Packers didn't double cover any receiver the whole day, we need another legit WR to play along with Calvin

-Calvin proves he deserves every penny he earned even when he's not on the field

-Defense played well for the most part but were just on the field too long and your not going to hold Rodgers down the whole game, he's gonna make plays sooner or later

Eh regardless, it was a bad play throw by romo from what I saw, he had the defensive player right on the hip of his target with a niter player over the top on it.

It was a forced throw into a window tha wasn't needed when he had a wide open check down to the left.

The LB stumbled, got back to his feet late and that's why Romo threw it there. They keep harping "triple coverage, triple coverage". Yes, there was a safety laying in wait. The CB was trailing Witten as part of the double team. He barely made it there as the ball got picked. Again, you wanna take and INT by an LB who stumbled and had to dive to even get back into position and catch the ball and put that on Romo go for it. But it's wrong.

Last edited:
To be fair to Eli... Refs missed an "illegal hit to the QBs head" call on that first interception which turned out to be the final lug nut on the wheels as they came off.

Giants were down by 1 at that point.

when it rains it pours, still should've thrown the ball away but Eli is playing like he has to force the issue. Counted 5-6 drops from his WRs alone yesterday, every week it's something new.

Plus there was a bad holding penalty the play before which made it 2nd and 20 I believe

Back
Top Bottom