NFL Week 8 In Review...

I was doing housework most of the day Sunday so I'm barely caught up on the games. One thing I have to say is in listening to the crowd reaction in the Giants/Boys game, I couldn't tell who was winning throughout because the crowd was ALWAYS cheering.

I was doing housework most of the day Sunday so I'm barely caught up on the games. One thing I have to say is in listening to the crowd reaction in the Giants/Boys game, I couldn't tell who was winning throughout because the crowd was ALWAYS cheering.
first time a non SEC team got the crowd that loud....to bad it was in a losing effort...

Oh I should have clarified, they were cheering when any team did something good. They cheered when Romo got picked, when the Giants scored and when Dallas scored. First time it really hit me that they have no clear HFA.

Alex putting in that work!!!!

Need the 9ers to keep playing like that until the NFC chip.

Need people to overlook the NYG.

Then, all things can go according to plan.

You can't flex Monday night games, too much of an inconvenience for the fans and their work/travel arrangments....I agree that the quality has been down for some time now

Need people to overlook the NYG.

Then, all things can go according to plan.

sorry bro...giants are like top 3 or 4 in most power rankings. even though power rankings don't mean a helluva whole lot...people aren't overlooking them.

there is one team being overlooked that could make quite a run this january tho....

sorry bro...giants are like top 3 or 4 in most power rankings. even though power rankings don't mean a helluva whole lot...people aren't overlooking them.
there is one team being overlooked that could make quite a run this january tho....

NO NO NO IM NOT LISTENING LA LA LA LA LA LA

I feel like all the AFC powerhouses are being slept on bc the conference is just weak this year.

and yes even the Pats are being slept on.

Kinda eery bc even ESPN isnt on Slurp mode. I think they turned their tonsils towards the 9ers.

Giants vs. Pats pt III: Return of the Eli?

The Pats have played NO ONE and continue to given up the big plays on defense. They have one nice win which was against Denver.
Yes there combined 3 losses were by 4 points but still...

The Pats have played NO ONE and continue to given up the big plays on defense. They have one nice win which was against Denver.
Yes there combined 3 losses were by 4 points but still...

how is that different from last year?

After the game, Gronkowski was asked about the celebration, and he responded, “That little Nutcracker dude that’s guarding the house.”

Oh?

“I like how he just sits there and stays still,” Gronkowski said. “It’s pretty cool.”

“I don’t know what the hell he was doing,” Tom Brady said.

He didnt really say that did he? :lol: :lol:
"That little nutcracker dude that's guarding the house"???? for real? :lol:

How many of the Texans fans on this board are from Houston and how many just hopped on the wagon?

Andrew Luck needa be in the convo for MVP
I was in Houston over the weekend, and was surprised with how much support the Texans have around town

Houston was/is a good football town, Oilers had a ton of support. The only time it wavered was after Adams announced the move (justifiably so)

Houston was/is a good football town, Oilers had a ton of support. The only time it wavered was after Adams announced the move (justifiably so)

this is a discussion for another thread, but i absolutely disagree.

Support didn't waver? Nobody went to the games in 96

I wasn't justifying the move, it was in reference to lack of fan support that final year

Support didn't waver? Nobody went to the games in 96

I wasn't justifying the move, it was in reference to lack of fan support that final year

misread your post. i was 6 at the time so i can't give full analysis on the situation. but yes, i have read and heard about support dying down AFTER the announcement. it was more out of hate for the ownership though. bud adams screwed houston badly, and then left us high and dry

No doubt, I thought the move was bad for the league. I'm reading a bizjournal article, in 96 Houston had the four worst attended games of the season, averaged only 31,825/game and included the record breaker of 15,131 on Dec 15th. And I completely agree and support the fans for staying away. My main point was Houston is a good football town and the poster shouldn't have been surprised by the Texan support

Last edited:
football in texas? should be no surprise that the support is strong...

maybe that's oversimplifying it, but like others are saying, should not be a surprise.

Last edited:
houston for whatever also gets treated like a small market when it comes to the sports world. we've got one of the highest populations for a city in this entire country so of course there will be lots of support :lol:

Uncanny how week after week this thread always take a turn towards Houston.

Last edited:
houston for whatever also gets treated like a small market when it comes to the sports world. we've got one of the highest populations for a city in this entire country so of course there will be lots of support
laugh.gif
This, I used to live in Houston when I was like 4... so I don't remember anything about it.

Last weekend was my first time back, and my cousin took me around town and was mindblown at how big it was..... almost like a boonie/rural version of LA

I used to visit my grandparents in Conroe (first year the Texans began playing) and I would marvel at the size of Houston. To that point, the biggest cities I had ever been to were Los Angeles and San Francisco, so I was amazed at the metropolitan area.

Anywho,

49ers wasn't playing Monday night. NFC West been and still is ours :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom