NFL Week 9 In Review...

i'm sure Jimmy playing for the U has nothing to do with CP's POV :lol:

*in before the NE bias response from CP*

I'm also the Miami fan that has defended and praised Brady/Welker for years on this board. I'm well versed in NE, no?

Bill would create a scheme to stop Gronk too. Overall, Jimmy is the better TE, imo.

Why? Because Bill is one of the best defensive minds in NFL history and can stop Jimmy for a game, whereas the Saints defense will let Gronk walk all over them?

Switche the coaches/schemes/personnel and Bill stops Gronk in a similar fashion while Jimmy feasts all over that Saints D.

And hell, we don't even know if Gronk will be playing by mid December.

you better hope hes not playing in mid december

also -- can you explain why Graham is better ?

Last edited:
i'm sure Jimmy playing for the U has nothing to do with CP's POV :lol:

*in before the NE bias response from CP*

I'm also the Miami fan that has defended and praised Brady/Welker for years on this board. I'm well versed in NE, no?

Bill would create a scheme to stop Gronk too. Overall, Jimmy is the better TE, imo.

i think Jimmy is a better pure receiving threat. i don't think that makes a him a better TE, though. blocking still a huge part of that position. and i still think all things equal defensively, Gronk is more of a mismatch problem in the red zone, while Jimmy is more effective outside where his speed comes more into play.

i613T3XLE1u89.gif

His OL only pushed him into the end zone :lol:

Damn... Andre Johnson. :lol: :smh:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-to-go-to-like-an-island?campaign=Twitter_atn

Are you getting open and not receiving the ball?

"I don't know. You watched the game."

Is there light at the end of the tunnel?

"I don't know. We'll see."

Will he speak with Texans coach Bill O'Brien about his role in the offense?

"I don't really think there's much to talk about."

His thoughts on Williams' observation about his intensity level?

"Maybe they see something I don't see."

Where do you plan to spend your bye week?

"I just need to go to like an island or something."

Last edited:

His OL only pushed him into the end zone
laugh.gif
The league can't have it both ways. If u don't wanna blow it dead then you're gonna have Terrell Suggs type dudes diving at the bak of RBs legs. Then you wanna throw a flag for unnecessary roughness *shrugs*
The forward progress stopped is the most inconsistent rule in the league.  I dont think there is a clear definition of this rule, and we see it called inconsistently from a week to week basis. 

I expect some heavy attempts at deflection to appear in this thread, so I'm just going to stick to my team :D :

Seahawks:
—At least we won.
—The defense and the pass rush finally showed up even with the massive injuries in the secondary/LB core.  Carr tested Sherman like he said he would...  And got picked.  
—Russell Wilson had probably the worst game I've ever seen him play.  No idea why considering the competition.
—Lynch was excellent.
—Our O-line continues to wipe out half of our positive plays with backbreaking penalties.  Could be our second year in a row as the most penalized team in the league.  Tom Cable's job security needs to be in question.

It's not Cable's fault the team hasn't drafted well at all for the line, and the various injuries (Okung being in and out for the last two seasons has really hurt them). They made a concerted effort to build a great defense, and did. Now, they need to focus on offensive line and receivers. But those drive killing penalties are just brutal. Have been all season.

The forward progress stopped is the most inconsistent rule in the league.  I dont think there is a clear definition of this rule, and we see it called inconsistently from a week to week basis. 

I think reputation plays a big role. A guy like Marshawn might get more benefit of the doubt when he's wrapped up. I was kind of amazed they didn't whistle that one dead though.

I think reputation plays a big role. A guy like Marshawn might get more benefit of the doubt when he's wrapped up. I was kind of amazed they didn't whistle that one dead though.

The Raiders don't get calls that benefit them. Sherman could taunt all game long with no flag and DJ did it and it was a flag :lol:

Vikings:

- Teddy struggles with his deep ball accuracy, but other than that, I'm totally content with him. His moxy is unbelievable for a rookie. He's now won 3 games a starter. All 3 were come from behind efforts.

- The future of their defense is looking bright under Zimmer and with all the young talent. Last year's picks (Shariff Floyd and Xavier Rhodes) are starting to show out.

AP:

- It sounds like AP is reaching a plea deal soon, so I hope he comes back after their bye to give this team a serious shot in the arm and potentially make things interesting down the stretch. I REALLY hope he comes back to the Vikes. He's already sat 8 games, so the next hope if he reaches a deal is that any league suspension he's due is retroactive to week 2 when he first sat. That's a good 8 games.

The 1st deep ball to CP, i blame CP on that because he stop running. I watch the replay over 50 times. Teddy deep ball accuracy will improve. I feel like that is the easy part. I think he got the hard part down. Like going through his progression, pocket awareness, keep his eyes downfield when its pressure in the pocket. Those easy throws he missing now will be easy completions later doing the year or next year.

I think teddy will be a great QB.

Back
Top Bottom