NFL Week In Review SB Wrap Up

Great SB. The blackout gave SF a shot of sensu beans, but it didn't matter in the end.

Glad for Ray, Rice, Reed, and most of all Boldin. Dude was a ******g boss in the game he was having his way with the secondary.

But what a season for Rookie QBs. Sucks to be Browns, Jags and Chiefs fans you guys been looking for QBs and missed out on some Gems in the later rounds. No way we get a repeat of what we saw for a long time.

RG3
Hussle Trillson
Luck
Kap

You can even throw in Ryan T and you got one hell of a rookie QB class. No doubt that Wilson and Kap will win one before RG3/Luck, SF and Seattle are just too stacked, its gonna take ********/Colts sometime to get to that level on all sides of the ball.

Hawks will when a SB before SF, yall can quote that

Last edited:
Great SB. The blackout gave SF a shot of sensu beans, but it didn't matter in the end.

Glad for Ray, Rice, Reed, and most of all Boldin. Dude was a ******g boss in the game he was having his way with the secondary.

But what a season for Rookie QBs. Sucks to be Browns, Jags and Chiefs fans you guys been looking for QBs and missed out on some Gems in the later rounds. No way we get a repeat of what we saw for a long time.

RG3
Hussle Trillson
Luck
Kap

You can even throw in Ryan T and you got one hell of a rookie QB class. No doubt that Wilson and Kap will win one before RG3/Luck, SF and Seattle are just too stacked, its gonna take ********/Colts sometime to get to that level on all sides of the ball.

Hawks will when a SB before the SF, yall can quote that
pimp.gif

So, you're just clarifying what I said. The 49ers punted two plays after 'the blackout' yet momentum was in their hands. Gotcha, makes complete sense.

I really wonder about this place sometimes. Like, if y'all really believe half the **** you type.
That drive started and basically was over before the blackout. Having more then 10 yards to go on any down can be a drive killer, having more than 10 on 3rd down and you might as well get the punt team ready.

Also please learn to read. Nobody said the blackout gave SF any momentum directly. It was a momentum shift, where as before the blackout the Ravens had all the momentum, after the blackout that was all gone. SF didn't get any momentum but BAL lost all theirs, hence the shift. Afterwards when they continued to score 25 points to the Raven's 6 in 2nd half, then they got the momentum.

Last edited:
Before the blackout Ravens was getting ready to slit SF throat. After they came out slow and not playing at the same level. A half hour timeout can do that someone :lol:.

SF was in crisis mode before the blackout, they had 30 minutes to take them sensu beans or whatever the hell hey did and get their mind right.

Ravens were rolling up until the blackout. There was a shift in momentum following. If you're on a hot streak before the half, you can mentally prepare for the 3rd quarter because halftime is expected. A blackout, which is obviously unexpected (to me) seems like a much harder task to stay focused for. Especially if you don't know when the game would start back up again. I heard that the Ravens offense went something like 85 minutes before touching the ball. That's a LONG time. I think it's a lot easier for the losing team to regroup and refocus going forward. Just my take on things and like I said before...I do think there was a shift in momentum. Ravens looked flat as hell and the 49ers capitalized. Who knows what would have happened if the power stayed on?

Power stayed on that 9ers team would've gotten straight embarrassed like they did the whole 1st half.

I know you want to contribute the 9ers storming back being a good team (which they are) but don't dismiss the obvious.

Mental plays as much as part as physical in sports.

The 9ers could literally so nothing against the ravens.

Dude who said momentum is a cliche is right. Its just the natural ebb and flow of the game. No one can definiively say that the 9ers wouldn't have made a comeback w/o the blackout happening. Look at all the games when a team is down big and comes back to make it at least close and sometimes win. Teams are alot closer in talent than the standings reflect.

Last edited:
Dude who said momentum is a cliche is right. Its just the natural ebb and flow of the game. No one can definiively say that the 9ers wouldn't have made a comeback w/o the blackout happening. Look at all the games when a team is down big and comes back to make it at least close and sometimes win. Teams are alot closer in talent than the standings reflect.

blackouts are not part of the natural ebbs and flows of the game. I MIGHT give credence to your argument if it had something do to with the Ravens playing well before the half and the 49ers starting the 3rd making adjustments. However, for something unexpected like a blackout...I don't really see how anyone can argue that there wasn't a shift in momentum based off of the delay.

This guy skip cryyyyying about every single called basically saying the game was rigged

i didn't see anything like that at all.

it's embarrassing

Based on my limited experience playing sports -- a long break can definitely kill momentum. Whether that was the case yesterday, and whether the outcome would've been much different if there was no blackout, we don't know.

This guy skip cryyyyying about every single called basically saying the game was rigged

i didn't see anything like that at all.

it's embarrassing

**** Skip, dudes are trying to compare this the Steelers/Hawks SB :rolleyes

Honestly I heard some people asking for Alex and all I could so was :smh:

Had they put him in it would've been WAY worse.

Bill Cowher was calling for Smith after the blackout.

Harbaugh's playcalling on the 5 :smh: No read option??? ESPECIALLY w/ Ngata out of the game? The hell....

Baltimore was dictating their read option by blitzing, they couldn't run it. That's why most of Kap's runs were straight QB runs.

Baltimore was going all out at him, forcing him to beat them with a perfect throw, not giving him the "option" to pick and choose what he wanted. That's why the 9ers tried the roll outs to get away from the blitzes.

the 9ers have run that same roll out with no success all year.

and u can definitely run the ball at blitzes. especially traps and powers. they had just ran the counter at the 5 yard line earlier in the game for Gore's TUB.

Harbaugh and Roman Blew it big time.

blackouts are not part of the natural ebbs and flows of the game. I MIGHT give credence to your argument if it had something do to with the Ravens playing well before the half and the 49ers starting the 3rd making adjustments. However, for something unexpected like a blackout...I don't really see how anyone can argue that there wasn't a shift in momentum based off of the delay.

Neither are 45 minute halftimes. We didn't see the Ravens offense at all, who knows if they were flat.

Like I said, we could woulda, coulda, shoulda... Ravens won, momentum be damned.

Neither are 45 minute halftimes. We didn't see the Ravens offense at all, who knows if they were flat.

Like I said, we could woulda, coulda, shoulda... Ravens won, momentum be damned.

But you're preparing for a 45 minute halftime during the course of SB prep. You're not preparing for a 34 minute blackout.

There were 5 plays before the blackout: the jacoby kick return, sf's return and three offensive plays ( had to repeat 1st bc baltimore penalty). How is that enough to see what adjustments they did/didn't make?

QOTW was the guy who said the Ravens should just let SF score at the end there. Probably not the best coaching strategy :lol:

Back
Top Bottom