Nick Cannon goes White Face for an album...thoughts?

I really like this.

I want Nick to get really angry and start talking about how White people are just waaaayyy too sensitive about race. I mean, it's a joke after all. Get over it!

He should make a statement like "I'm sorry that some weak minded, sensitive people were offended by my hilarious and innocent joke. Some people can't take humor, I guess. I'm just exercising my 1st Amendment right as a proud American. Unfortunately there are people out there who just get offended at ANYTHING and are always looking for things to complain about and call racist."

I wondered if anyone was gonna catch on. I feel like this is exactly what hes doing. At the very least sparking a discussion. This album is not intended to have any kind commercial success, musical, comedic or otherwise.

Oh and stillin and lionblood. You're not being called a white supremacist because ur racist. I know from both of you guys posts in here and other threads that you are the first ones to accuse people of playing the race card, downplaying what offends other people and laughing at the absurdity that race plays a factor in many issues and topics on the board. But in here, when it pertains to something that offends you and yours you're on a crusade against stereotypes and its never ok blah blah blah. Many may choose to attack you and throw around terms for lack of a better words but honestly, you guys do come off as rather self absorbed and small minded if not malicious at times. Its noticeable.

I wondered if anyone was gonna catch on. I feel like this is exactly what hes doing. At the very least sparking a discussion. This album is not intended to have any kind commercial success, musical, comedic or otherwise.

Oh and stillin and lionblood. You're not being called a white supremacist because ur racist. I know from both of you guys posts in here and other threads that you are the first ones to accuse people of playing the race card, downplaying what offends other people and laughing at the absurdity that race plays a factor in many issues and topics on the board. But in here, when it pertains to something that offends you and yours you're on a crusade against stereotypes and its never ok blah blah blah. Many may choose to attack you and throw around terms for lack of a better words but honestly, you guys do come off as rather self absorbed and small minded if not malicious at times. Its noticeable.

Well except none of this offends me so there goes that little self absorbed paragraph you wrote to come off superior to others which is noticeable

Well except none of this offends me so there goes that little self absorbed paragraph you wrote to come off superior to others which is noticeable

I guess im the supremacist then lol. I had really hoped u didnt take it the wrong way. U generally seem level headed and make good post otherwise but in issues of race you tend to downplay its significance and/or existence in some case while in others u seem to come across as more righteous or equitable in the matter. To the point a pattern may be developing in your post history.

And you dont have to take offense to the situation at hand to be self absorbed in your own viewpoints and thought processes.

I guess im the supremacist then lol. I had really hoped u didnt take it the wrong way. U generally seem level headed and make good post otherwise but in issues of race you tend to downplay its significance and/or existence in some case while in others u seem to come across as more righteous or equitable in the matter. To the point a pattern may be developing in your post history.

And you dont have to take offense to the situation at hand to be self absorbed in your own viewpoints and thought processes.

And then you try to play the good cop right after the bad cop; I see right through it unfortunately

The fact you are referring to any one as a white supremacist says enough about your true intentions

It's all about perspective fellas.
And then you try to play the good cop right after the bad cop; I see right through it unfortunately

The fact you are referring to any one as a white supremacist says enough about your true intentions

True intentions?

I hate fake outraged and fake sensitive people. Lol.

Stop acting like this makes you mad lol.

Nick canon has only done one thing that I legitimately laughed at and it was during the impromptu session of wilding out.

Make a movie about white people and poke fun at their stereotypes and its ok
Make a movie about black people and poke fun at their stereotypes and its not ok

I wouldn't have a problem with either; however you can't have it one way and not the other. Some of the usuals are to sensitive and just looking for reasons to cry foul. To me, if nick cannon is ok with Jonah Hill or insert any young white comedian going black face, then I have no problem with what he did.

I'm realizing that if you find whiteface offensive because blackface is offensive, then you're not understanding the history of blackface.

Just looking at it for what it is today, tell me what is the difference between a white man dressed/acting like a black man and vice versa? Is one more acceptable than other because of the past, wouldn't both be wrong? And if you say they aren't then isn't that racist ?

Make a movie about white people and poke fun at their stereotypes and its ok
Make a movie about black people and poke fun at their stereotypes and its not ok

I wouldn't have a problem with either; however you can't have it one way and not the other. Some of the usuals are to sensitive and just looking for reasons to cry foul. To me, if nick cannon is ok with Jonah Hill or insert any young white comedian going black face, then I have no problem with what he did.

It's somewhat "understood" that blacks have much more leeway to poke fun at whites because of the heinous circumstances that blacks have endured over the decades. It's like things are almost sorta-kinda halfway cool now and there's a "yeah, we effed over you over time, now go ahead and get back at us with subtle jabs" mentality. Some black people just take it to the extreme.

Last edited:
indifferent.gif

**** all that bull ****.

There's a reason for the double standard. The double standard is completely valid.

lol out there somewhere a white racist is also justifying his ignorance. It's what people do. It's way too difficult to just not stereotype. That's way too much work. :lol:

You're right. That White racist would be the tall rich guy justifying why he should be able to mock short poor people. And Nick Cannon would be a short person justifying that he lives in a society where short poor people have been second class citizens, and since he's at least a short rich person he can use his slightly elevated position to spread light on the fact that tall rich guys justify their mockery ALL THE TIME, so it should be no big deal if he mocks tall rich people.

Last edited:
Just looking at it for what it is today, tell me what is the difference between a white man dressed/acting like a black man and vice versa? Is one more acceptable than other because of the past, wouldn't both be wrong? And if you say they aren't then isn't that racist ?
I understand that it can be offensive on both parts because its stereotyping a particular race but it's not so black and white (no pun intended). There's a horrible history behind the entire blackface movement; years and years of humiliation and disrespect. I understand why someone might be offended by whiteface because of the stereotype, but blackface holds much more weight. There's too much behind that to neglect it.

And just to make it clear I am NOT defending Nick Cannon. Dude is crazy lame for this and its horrible move for his career given his predominant audience.

"C'mon, guys. We're not all rich and we all don't eat healthy organic food."

"C'mon, guys. We're not all poor and we all don't eat food associated with slavery."

There's a difference.

Back
Top Bottom