Nick Swisher To the White Sox

tired.gif
Now I'm pissed, Billy.

[h3]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/01/swisher-traded.html[/h3]
[h3]Nick Swisher Traded To White Sox[/h3]
Baseball Digest Daily is reporting that the A's have traded Nick Swisher to the White Sox for Gio Gonzalez, Fautino De Los Santos, and Ryan Sweeney. I'd heard about the Sweeney part but hadn't been able to confirm it. This is a fascinating trade - let's discuss.

I have to imagine the White Sox plan to use Swisher as their center fielder for the next couple of years; he did play 59 games there in '07. Kenny Williams stuck to his word about adding OBP to his team, picking up Swisher and Carlos Quentin to fill out his outfield. Swisher, 27, is signed at a very reasonable price: $3.5MM in '08, $5.3MM in '09, $6.75MM in '10, $9MM in '11, and a $10.25MM club option for '12 with a $1MM buyout. The option gets a $1.75MM bump if Swisher is top five for the MVP voting during the contract. He has limited no-trade protection for 2011-12.

The White Sox paid a massive price to get their man, however. Pitchers De Los Santos and Gonzalez were their two best prospects, according to Baseball Prospectus' Kevin Goldstein. De Los Santos is said to have a huge ceiling, whereas Gio is a solid lefty who's nearly big-league ready. Goldstein ranked Sweeney eighth on the team, but projects him as more of a fourth-outfielder type (he was once very highly regarded though).

If it wasn't obvious with the Dan Haren trade, the A's are in full-fledged rebuilding mode. Joe Blanton, Huston Street, and Mark Ellis could be next to go.

More to come later on. bbalplya is on suicide watch.
laugh.gif

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Not Swisher!!!
mad.gif
tired.gif

As long as we don't trade my favorite player on the A's roster... Huston Street.
ohwell.gif

Hell yea I'm on suicide watch homie lol....I posted in the MLB thread already....*%## BEANE...I'm tired of his BS....he needs to go run his #%%+@$%soccer team....

here goes another losing season, swisher will be an all star for sure now.......

thing that really sucks is that i have an authentic swisher jersey......just gotta bust it out when we play chicago

smh my favorite player on a team i hate. First Charles Woodson goes to Greenbay Now this OMG...........

Oh Hell Nooooooooooooooooooo

Not Swisher Sweets
frown.gif

Say it ain't so Billy.

So...are we going to have open tryouts this spring training? I'm thinking about trying out for the OF.
smh.gif

At least make them take Kotsay's contract with this or some %!+@....

Wow.....my friend's father is Swisher's agent, too bad I'm not in school this quarter or I would definitely be posting some good info

Sheesh...I was already surprised that the A's traded Haren away...Now Swisher?! I would have thought they would have gotten rid of Chavez before Swisher.Atleast the A's are rebuilding their farm system with top prospects...I could probably watch them in Sacramento since I only live a 5 minutes from the ballpark...As for the Giants...Sigh.

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Originally Posted by CurtisCarter23

SOX finally got someone this offseason!

We got Orlando Cabrera

But they gave up a solid pitcher to get him, its not like they got him off free agency. They didnt give up much to get swisher!

This is gonna continue to be the case until they move to their new ballpark? What year is that????

If Beane didnt give Chavvy the franchise's highest contract, he would have been gone too.

Are you serious? What the @*#+? Do we not have any money or is our GM a $%*%*!% moron? Yeah, Im mad doggie. We cant keep nobody who is good. Might as well getrid of Eric Chavez now please.

Zito
Mulder
Hudson
Tejada
Damon
Dye
Giambi
Swisher

Who else am I missing?

Originally Posted by ayoHOV

Are you serious? What the @*#+? Do we not have any money or is our GM a $%*%*!% moron? Yeah, Im mad doggie. We cant keep nobody who is good. Might as well get rid of Eric Chavez now please.

Zito
Mulder
Hudson
Tejada
Damon
Dye
Giambi
Swisher

Who else am I missing?

Eric Chavez and Bobby Crosby have no trade value what-so-ever.
If they did, they would be gone by now

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Not Swisher!!!
mad.gif
tired.gif

As long as we don't trade my favorite player on the A's roster... Huston Street.
ohwell.gif

Did Paul is on NT get banned?

Originally Posted by ayoHOV

Are you serious? What the @*#+? Do we not have any money or is our GM a $%*%*!% moron? Yeah, Im mad doggie. We cant keep nobody who is good. Might as well get rid of Eric Chavez now please.

Zito
Mulder
Hudson
Tejada
Damon
Dye
Giambi
Swisher

Who else am I missing?

Bradley
Kendall
Haren