Nigeria bans gay marriage, gay meetings -- Does so secretly

So, by that logic (if it can be called logic), you shouldn't be allowed to express your deviant views in public, is that correct?  If you were "born this way" and LGBT couples are "born that way," why do you get to express your "deviance" in public and they don't?

Again, you already established that this is "no different" than a child saying "eew" when staring at a cow tongue or oysters.  We expect small children to function in society even when surrounded by "icky" foods.  Ours is a diverse society and we don't exclude millions of people based on what you personally happen to find "yucky." 

So your opinions are "natural," and everyone else's  are the result of propaganda?  You keep posting that silly quote about "propaganda" like it's some sort of devastating evidence - and, in a way, it is.  

It's proof that you're contradicting yourself quite badly.  Again.  

You believe that your revulsion to anything other than heteronormative behavior is somehow innate and instinctive - is that correct?  Why, then, are your views on the decline in our society?  Are less and less biological bigots being born in America today?  If your views are the product of nature, rather than culture, no amount of propaganda can change them. You believe human attitudes towards sexuality are instinctive and biologically inherited, yet the majority of Americans now favor marriage equality.  How is that possible?  

Do the majority of Americans just naturally consider  your views disgusting and repulsive?  If it were the "natural" and default state of human beings to find same sex couples "icky", no amount of propaganda could change that - just as no amount of propaganda could convince you to enjoy clams.  That can't be the case, though, if the majority of Americans support marriage equality.  You must therefore represent the "genetic abnormality" that leads to innate homophobia.   

There's an inherent conflict between your attempts to leverage majority privilege while simultaneously attempting to cast yourself as a member of an oppressed minority ("natural" homophobes).  

I find it ironic that you believe deviant views/behaviors have no place in the public realm considering that your "geneticially predisposed" opinions are now deviant from (and repulsive to) the majority.  

For some reason, you believe that you deserve the right to both expose your deviance in public and deny that same right to others - even as the majority of Americans (regardless of sexuality) have expressed their support for marriage equality.  

Face it:  your argument is a complete and utter mess, and no amount of rambling improvisation will ever convert your irrational revulsion into a cogent position. 

That you don't find two guys making out "attractive" doesn't make it wrong.  It just means you don't find it attractive.  So what?  

Only people you consider "attractive" are allowed to show affection to one another? 

Why don't you post a picture of yourself and your partner, and the rest of us can decide whether or not you're too disgusting to appear together in public.  Does that sound fair?  

The public sphere, by definition, isn't for you and you alone.  If you can't handle diversity, maybe you're the one who needs to stay home. 

You were banned from "the car thread" because you were deliberately trolling in there.  There is no more apt description than "tantrum" for what you did there.  You more than deserved it.

As for your "exotic" car thread, you defined "exotic" in a needlessly inflammatory way, then expected the staff to eject 90% of thread participants who felt it was a worthless topic.  We chose to close what was obviously an unproductive thread, as is our prerogative.

This was already explained to you via email.
I've bolded what I am addressing...

1. My point is that if they are allowed to act out their deviancy, than I am allowed to express how repulsive I find them.

2. ".. .by conversion [toward public acceptance of homosexuality] we mean... conversion of the average American's emotions, mind, and will, through a planned psychological attack, in the form of propaganda fed to the nation via the media." "...our effect is achieved without reference to facts, logic, or proof." – Kirk & Madsen, After the Ball, 1989, page 153.

3. It is hardly as uniform as you are making it out to be.  This issue is still up for debate, and you asserting that I am a part of some little part of the population is misleading.

4. I keep trying to stop posting in this thread, but if people are going to address me, I am going to respond.

5.  Lets be real...the exotic car thread was closed down, and you did nothing to stop the 5 people continuously trolling it because they were part of the poor masses that were upset they wouldn't be able to participate.  My last thread I made simply said..."only cars $75,000 or more."  How is that trolling?

This only proves that popular acceptance in society defines what is "right."

After this vile deviant behavior becomes accepted and celebrated what is next? It's regressive towards the progress we've made as modern man. All part of an experiment with the condition of civilization gambled away.

People who are against marriage equality are the ***hole kids who didn't want the silly rabbit to have Trix grown up. They are one in the same. There is absolutely no reason not to let the rabbit have Trix. No scientific studies have presented any evidence as to how allowing rabbits, let alone a talking bipedal rabbit, to have Trix negatively impacts society. However, this didn't stop the kids from trying to monopolize the joy and resorting to name-calling.

Last edited:
The saddest part is that rhythm808 is not trolling, he really is that daft. Save yourselves the aggravation.

Hold up.... did this dude just say the originators.... bruh ppl been gay for centuries. I don't get it, but at the same time I have no reason to hate them. Just the way they are.

Just stop man. There really is no valid reason to be a homophobic. I was raised disliking homos, but as you grow up you see how ignorant that mess is. Ain't no gay ever done anything wrong to me so why should I hate gays?
I wasn't raised anti gay.  Both of my parents are accepting of gay people.  I'm just not a sheep. 

I wasn't raised anti gay.  Both of my parents are accepting of gay people.  I'm just not a sheep. 

So let me get this right. You were raised by normal, accepting, loving people only to turn out like this? This is hardly something to boast about. Sometimes you can sympathize with someone raised by racists or homophobes because they haven't matured enough to rise above their upbringing. You're the exact opposite. You were taught right, you've just devolved.

So let me get this right. You were raised by normal, accepting, loving people only to turn out like this? This is hardly something to boast about. Sometimes you can sympathize with someone raised by racists or homophobes because they haven't matured enough to rise above their upbringing. You're the exact opposite. You were taught right, you've just devolved.
I just didn't give in to the propaganda.

".. .by conversion [toward public acceptance of homosexuality] we mean... conversion of the average American's emotions, mind, and will, through a planned psychological attack, in the form of propaganda fed to the nation via the media." "...our effect is achieved without reference to facts, logic, or proof." – Kirk & Madsen, After the Ball, 1989, page 153.

Hold up.... did this dude just say the originators.... bruh ppl been gay for centuries. I don't get it, but at the same time I have no reason to hate them. Just the way they are.

Just stop man. There really is no valid reason to be a homophobic. I was raised disliking homos, but as you grow up you see how ignorant that mess is. Ain't no gay ever done anything wrong to me so why should I hate gays?
You're intolerance and ignorance is quite sheepish. Frankly, it's sad that you feel the need to raise yourself above other people because you were born a heterosexual and they were not. Grow up, and realize there are far greater issues on this planet than two people of the same sex loving each other. You seem like the kind of close-minded individual that would've ostracized Galileo.

FYI dude, you're giving in to anti-gay propaganda.

Last edited:

Wait, are you going to attempt to make your point by linking us to a site with this as a banner?

output_TFHOZu.gif

You're intolerance and ignorance is quite sheepish. Frankly, it's sad that you feel the need to raise yourself above other people because you were born a heterosexual and they were not. Grow up, and realize there are far greater issues on this planet than two people of the same sex loving each other. You seem like the kind of close-minded individual that would've ostracized Galileo.

I don't deal with anti-gay propaganda.  All of the information that I base my opinion on is FACT, not conviction like you.  I pride myself in being 100% logical, something that my detractors are clearly not.

Why is it not an important issue? Because you want me to shut up and go away?  

I don't deal with anti-gay propaganda.  All of the information that I base my opinion on is FACT, not conviction like you.  I pride myself in being 100% logical, something that my detractors are clearly not.

Why is it not an important issue? Because you want me to shut up and go away?  
I don't care if you go away or not. I care that you don't spread your ignorance onto undeveloped-innocent-minds that aren't inherently intolerant like you apparently claim to be. Your views are not based on fact or logic. They're based on some perverse notion that it's ok to judge and throw shade on other people that happen to be different from you. By your theory, it's ok for me to dislike anyone that is remotely different from me—whether it's the color of their teeth, or the way they wear their hair, if I don't understand their lifestyle and it is ever so different from mine, it's ok that I look at them as peasants. Quite frankly, it's sad that you think you're better than someone because their gay. Am I sitting here, writing about how much better I am than you because I am tolerant of my fellow humans and love to see them happy, especially when there isn't any harm involved? No. Despite your views, you and I are on an equal field. Just like the scumbag in prison is on the same floor as us. We're all humans. We all bleed and breathe. Not one of us is better than another. Some make lovely decisions, others regrettable, but at the end of the day, this existence is predicated on each and every one of us loving each other and living in unison, despite our differences.

Wait, are you going to attempt to make your point by linking us to a site with this as a banner?

output_TFHOZu.gif

The best part is in their store they have a shirt that says "I Stand With Phil" referencing Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty.

I'm pretty sure people were recently upset that he thinks 15 year old girls should be eligible for marriage.

Quite frankly, it's sad that you think you're better than someone because their gay. Am I sitting here, writing about how much better I am than you because I am tolerant of my fellow humans and love to see them happy, especially when there isn't any harm involved? No

Since you aren't writing about how your tolerance makes you a better person than Rhythm, I will take the chance to do just that.

Rhythm, I am better than you. I am better at life than you. Your world and everyone you surround yourself with will suffer due to your lack of understanding. You'll point to the fact that you aren't a sheep as if your lack of evolution is commendable. Your hatred and disgust will follow you and probably taint everything you do. That level of hate permeates. Eventually the times will pass you by. Your inner circle, if they are worth anything, will distance themselves from your hatred. They'll move on because, honestly, it's not worth being around someone of your ilk. If they are worth anything, they'll treat your homophobia like racism. Who wants to be around someone whose self-worth is predicated on not being with the rest of the world? Where you have hatred and disgust, I have love and understanding. How could I not be better than you? Where your hatred "elevates" you to such a level that makes you feel its necessary to spread your hatred by telling everyone they are sheep for not being as hateful as you, my understanding allows me to accept the differences and be an advocate for equality.

I have hope for your children though. Just as you ignored your parents ideology, your children will hopefully do the same. Hopefully they will see the error in their father's ways and rise above an upbringing that isn't conducive to being a good person. In that way, I hope your children follow in your footsteps.

Since you aren't writing about how your tolerance makes you a better person than Rhythm, I will take the chance to do just that.

Rhythm, I am better than you. I am better at life than you. Your world and everyone you surround yourself with will suffer due to your lack of understanding. You'll point to the fact that you aren't a sheep as if your lack of evolution is commendable. Your hatred and disgust will follow you and probably taint everything you do. That level of hate permeates. Eventually the times will pass you by. Your inner circle, if they are worth anything, will distance themselves from your hatred. They'll move on because, honestly, it's not worth being around someone of your ilk. If they are worth anything, they'll treat your homophobia like racism. Who wants to be around someone whose self-worth is predicated on not being with the rest of the world? Where you have hatred and disgust, I have love and understanding. How could I not be better than you? Where your hatred "elevates" you to such a level that makes you feel its necessary to spread your hatred by telling everyone they are sheep for not being as hateful as you, my understanding allows me to accept the differences and be an advocate for equality.

I have hope for your children though. Just as you ignored your parents ideology, your children will hopefully do the same. Hopefully they will see the error in their father's ways and rise above an upbringing that isn't conducive to being a good person. In that way, I hope your children follow in your footsteps.
LOL....You are better at life than me?  I seriously, seriously doubt that.  Yes...my life is so pathetic that I bought myself a BMW when I was 20, have traveled to over 10 foreign countries, completed two of my life goals before the age of 21, and have $60k+ saved up....yeah, I'm sure you are better at life than me 
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom