Nike 30th Anniversary “Just Do It” Campaign.

Tell me more about this low IQ crowd.

You know -- anyone he disagrees with. Just like what his orange führer says...

Screenshot_20180904-194304_Twitter.jpg

Let’s see, Colin Kaepernick ‘sacrifices’ a LOT! He will make millions from Nike. Over 1,700 young black men were killed in 2015 by other young black men for a pair of Air Jordans…. I do not see ANYTHING being done by Nike to prevent this in any of their campaigns. No advertising…nothing. JUST MAKE MONEY should be their slogan! Nike pays Colin lots of money for the Just Do It Campaign, because of his ‘activism’. He is their new marketing tool. According to him, there is violence against black men. This is sadly true. And we should do something to stop it. But has he done anything to help prevent young black males from killing each other for a pair of Nikes? Nike, like a big drug pusher markets their shoes to young kids that some are willing to kill for and has done nothing. Yet, some are applauding Nike for taking a MORAL stance- really?

From this past April:

Over the weekend, The New York Times published a scathing indictment of corporate culture at Nike, based on interviews with women who work or have worked for the company. The NYT tells a story of a place where sexual harassment was rampant, women were undervalued and demeaned, and even women’s sneakers were considered second-class.

From a few years back-

“These shoes are important,” D.C. prosecutor Ella Gladman told Okun during her opening statements as she recounted details of the shooting from her witnesses. “These shoes are the reason James was killed.”

Prosecutors said the teen witnesses saw James fight with the person who demanded his shoes then lost sight as James fled. They did not see the shooting, but arrived soon after, prosecutors said.

“The witnesses saw the defendant after the shooting running away, holding the red sneakers in his hands,” Gladman said.

There are deeper societal issues of violence and status involved. Looking back at Sports Illustrated’s famous 1990 cover story, “Your Sneakers or Your Life,” which focused on the murder of a 15-year-old boy over his Jordans and brought sneaker violence to national attention, it’s evident that the 17-year-old killer in that case didn’t do it just for the shoes. The victims of these crimes are disproportionately young, black men.

Undoubtedly, however, sneakers continue to create opportunities for some problems to play out. Early on, the Sneakerheadz clip shows news footage from a mob scene of customers stampeding to get newly released Jordans, and stories of actual deaths are far from rare.

What can be done about it? Twenty-five years after Sports Illustrated’s big story, there’s still no good answer.
So what can Nike do about people killing people over shoes? I legit want to hear you answer.

The fact that people care about the “flag” being disrespected more than they care about the unarmed killings of civilians and other injustices tells me everything I need to. We as black people should just be greatful we aren’t enslaved. :smh: What do I look like being concerned about a flag that was never intended to protect me in the first place.
All cops aren’t bad, but majority of them never speak out when unarmed people are killed. :smh:

I’m with Kap. :nthat:

Your experience isn’t THE experience.
This.
Let’s see, Colin Kaepernick ‘sacrifices’ a LOT! He will make millions from Nike. Over 1,700 young black men were killed in 2015 by other young black men for a pair of Air Jordans…. I do not see ANYTHING being done by Nike to prevent this in any of their campaigns. No advertising…nothing. JUST MAKE MONEY should be their slogan! Nike pays Colin lots of money for the Just Do It Campaign, because of his ‘activism’. He is their new marketing tool. According to him, there is violence against black men. This is sadly true. And we should do something to stop it. But has he done anything to help prevent young black males from killing each other for a pair of Nikes? Nike, like a big drug pusher markets their shoes to young kids that some are willing to kill for and has done nothing. Yet, some are applauding Nike for taking a MORAL stance- really?

From this past April:

Over the weekend, The New York Times published a scathing indictment of corporate culture at Nike, based on interviews with women who work or have worked for the company. The NYT tells a story of a place where sexual harassment was rampant, women were undervalued and demeaned, and even women’s sneakers were considered second-class.

From a few years back-

“These shoes are important,” D.C. prosecutor Ella Gladman told Okun during her opening statements as she recounted details of the shooting from her witnesses. “These shoes are the reason James was killed.”

Prosecutors said the teen witnesses saw James fight with the person who demanded his shoes then lost sight as James fled. They did not see the shooting, but arrived soon after, prosecutors said.

“The witnesses saw the defendant after the shooting running away, holding the red sneakers in his hands,” Gladman said.

There are deeper societal issues of violence and status involved. Looking back at Sports Illustrated’s famous 1990 cover story, “Your Sneakers or Your Life,” which focused on the murder of a 15-year-old boy over his Jordans and brought sneaker violence to national attention, it’s evident that the 17-year-old killer in that case didn’t do it just for the shoes. The victims of these crimes are disproportionately young, black men.

Undoubtedly, however, sneakers continue to create opportunities for some problems to play out. Early on, the Sneakerheadz clip shows news footage from a mob scene of customers stampeding to get newly released Jordans, and stories of actual deaths are far from rare.

What can be done about it? Twenty-five years after Sports Illustrated’s big story, there’s still no good answer.

Concern trolling.

Kaepernick has been active in educating black youth about their rights.

But I already know you don't care about that.

Just like you don't care that you are lowering police officers to the level of petty criminals, probably because you are unlikely to look at the other end of their barrel (if they even have the decency to not shoot you in the back and plant a gun on you).

When folks care more about a guy kneeling than they do innocent lives being lost by the hands of those who are suppose to protect and serve, we have a serious problem in this country. These same folks feel empowered because they have a moron in office being their "voice." What Nike is doing is absolutely HUGE and I'm here for it. What Kaepernick did was huge. I mean, it takes balls, not bone spurs, to stand up for something. If anything, I'm buying Nike from here on out.

Dude is literally hated by half the country. There are large populations of people in this country that hate kap more than liberals hate trump. Don’t care how much he’s being paid, that’s a sacrifice. That’s the thing about activism, it’s a collective. It’s not a single act or sacrife by one person.
If he's truly hated by half the country and its not just the tv telling us that then the reason he's hated by half the country is because the tv told you to and half of the country is stupid enough to be brainwashed and told what to think. Because if you hate Kaepernick for what he did then youre an idiot. Plain and simple. All of these little stupid *** reasons and justifications for why you hate him for it are weak af. I cannot wait for this goofy bs mainstream media to stop slinging propaganda to the ******s to further whatever insane liberal agenda to make our lower class society a circus and their higher class friends richer. Stop breathing through your gd mouths so much.

Its not their job to help anyone. Theyre just there to report incidents to the court so that the state or country or city makes revenue, I cant think of a single instance where a cop helped me out of a situation.
This.

How many times have we seen black folks call the police, only to be ignored by them or treated like the black folks on the scene are suspects by default?

How many times have seen the police in this country be called to the scene and murder the people who called?

**** that nonsense. I have zero trust in cops, and I don't think many of them are well-meaning folks. They earned that reputation.

You know -- anyone he disagrees with. Just like what his orange führer says...

Screenshot_20180904-194304_Twitter.jpg
Anyone he disagrees with?! Nancy Palosi is going to be executed soon for treason. That whole cabal has been indicted and faces imprisonment and death penalties. Remember John McCain? Theres going to be a lot more where that came from. This is happening right now and I highly suggest you catch up with it before you try to act like you know what youre talking about. Future you might regret it.

The military has been setting this up for years and needed someone to become president that had no ties to this decades long standing cabal in order to destroy it.

These arent people he disagrees with, these are people he knows are guilty of treason and are soon to be dealt with.

Last edited:
I applaud the move. Not just because I agree with Kaep but because I think it's pretty smart on behalf of Nike. A company like theirs would not make him a face of this 30th anniversary campaign without doing their homework. They had to have taken into account the potential loss in form of boycotts, outrage, negative press, etc. let's call that X. Put that against the potential earnings in people supporting Kaep and his message through the purchase of Nike product (and probably more merch is coming that ties into this), we'll call that Y.

End of the day so long as Y>X Nike will be fine and the goodwill and publicity generated by this move will only serve to fatten Phil Knight's pockets even more so.

This.

How many times have we seen black folks call the police, only to be ignored by them or treated like the black folks on the scene are suspects by default?

How many times have seen the police in this country be called to the scene and murder the people who called?

**** that nonsense. I have zero trust in cops, and I don't think many of them are well-meaning folks. They earned that reputation.

They dont hire well meaning folks. You have to look higher than the stooges on the streets. Who calls the shots? Who does the hiring? Thats who needs to be spotlit.

I don't think all cops are bad. In fact, I personally believe many go in believing they can make a change in communities. However, the "brotherhood' corrupts them inside. It's just like the hood, where snitching will get you targeted and outcasted. Many officers are bought up in corrupt environments and to "fit in" or "earn your stripes" you turn a blind eye and keep quit about a lot of stuff, ranging from marriage infidelity to side deals with citizens to even planted evidence.

Not all cops are bad, but trusted.....
giphy (2).gif

The fact that people care about the “flag” being disrespected more than they care about the unarmed killings of civilians and other injustices tells me everything I need to. We as black people should just be greatful we aren’t enslaved. :smh: What do I look like being concerned about a flag that was never intended to protect me in the first place.
All cops aren’t bad, but majority of them never speak out when unarmed people are killed. :smh:

I’m with Kap. :nthat:
AMEN!!!

let me throw out a different slant on this: in June, Nike announced a $15 BILLION buyback of its Class B shares to be completed over the next 4 years. is it possible that Nike is trying to drive down their own stock for the buyback? ....from what i could find, i think there's presently 1.28 Billion shares of Class B stocks. [ buybacks are when the issuing company pays its shareholders market value for the shares. ] the shares closed at $79.88 today.

i don't think for a second Nike went into this campaign not knowing that there would be some kind of pushback to using CK in the ad. if this ad temporarily [and by temporarily i mean a few years] drives their stock price down, who gains?

Last edited:
I think the cops are pigs socks that Kap wore were tasteless but I think people are too hung up on that one incident. He said he wanted to bring attention and resolution to the police brutality that was happening in America towards minorities. Idc how much you support police. If you do that’s totally fine. But if you’re gonna claim police brutality towards minorities isn’t a justified topic in America, you’re In denial

Anyone he disagrees with?! Nancy Palosi is going to be executed soon for treason. That whole cabal has been indicted and faces imprisonment and death penalties. Remember John McCain? Theres going to be a lot more where that came from. This is happening right now and I highly suggest you catch up with it before you try to act like you know what youre talking about. Future you might regret it.

The military has been setting this up for years and needed someone to become president that had no ties to this decades long standing cabal in order to destroy it.

These arent people he disagrees with, these are people he knows are guilty of treason and are soon to be dealt with.

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom