NIKE ACG thread

What do you guys use to re-waterproof your Antarktiks? The water isn’t beading up on my juniper’s any more. I tried NIKWAX TX.DIRECT SPRAY ON but no luck. Thoughts?

61AECCD8-45C8-4500-B79A-27E947FB0715.jpeg

I’m really digging the quality on these 😗🤌

Nasus are seriously underrated. Got the non Goretex ones and have worn then hiking and to the beach. They're half off at a lot of places too.

Seems that way. Personally waiting for the goretex version to go on sale before I get my son a pair. I think he needs some waterproofing to be ideal for hiking in any conditions. That's a long time to wait though.....For $60 I may just get him a pair of those for the time being.....hmm....

The Nasu are Air Max and react foam, and not zoom air, right? How's the lateral support for hiking on rocky terrain?

They aren’t zoom. They’re OK for hiking. I still prefer my older wildhorse for hiking. It has a rock plate and is a bit rounded in the heel. I feel like these might catch a little bit on the heel area if it’s rocky.

The Nasu are Air Max and react foam, and not zoom air, right? How's the lateral support for hiking on rocky terrain?

Air Unit in the heel. For the price point I'm assuming it is a smaller one. No React. Basic Nike proprietary foam.

Air Unit in the heel. For the price point I'm assuming it is a smaller one. No React. Basic Nike proprietary foam.

Thanks! Got a pair for my son. for $60 I couldn't resist; he'll beat them or grow out of them by the end of the year anyway. If the gore-tex version goes on deep discount, I'll get him those.

How is the sizing on this Misery Ridge and also the 4th Horseman jackets?

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about the toe box; isn't that perforated? I thought they were, but it's been in the box for awhile now and I may be mistaken....?
perforated, but small perforation. you'd have to be in the sand to really get a lot in there.

These would probably be awful for hiking. I would imagine the back tie down will get stuck on branches, rocks, dry grass. I also think not having laces would just absolutely murder your toes for when you descend. The sole looks like it would be a mud magnet, and difficult to get wet conditions off of it. I doubt it has anything like a rock plate either... the cushioning would probably be lackluster as well, since I haven't seen anything about zoom or others. I could be wrong though :lol:

No doubt at the end, quality all matters

Back
Top Bottom