Nike Air Flight 89: now on NIKEiD

too many people sleep on 89s .. and i dont mind it at all .. gettin pairs for $59 on sale CANT BE BEAT ..

i have the white/red, grey/white, and black/zen grey .. all clean colorways on a CLEAN shoe imo
Its cuz they look like bootleg Jordan 4s. You would get clowned on my block for rocking these.

Are you aware that these & da IV's dropped da same time? Back in 1989

They were held in da same regard because they use identical technology.

And when they 1st retroed in 1999-2000 these smoked. Problem is nike ran

These to da ground wit horrible colorways.

you guys realize that tupack shaker just says stuff to get people riled up right? hes been doing that for years on here if thats the same guy who keeps making the tupac names as screen names lol hes a super troll

Probably a long shot but anyone know where I can cop the so called "true blue" colorway of these?

air flight '89 are my ish. love this kick. for the dude who said these are bootleg AJ4 lol smh. that deserves an ESPN c'mon man ! yes they both have the same similar mold (midsole, bottoms). don't mean it's a bootleg AJ4 smh. I wanted to grab a few more pairs off FNL but they sold out in the cw I wanted

these definitely look like a bootleg IV...there's been numerous times i've seen dudes rockin these with long baggy pants and i've mistaken them for IV's... a lot of similarities between the two...hell, they even feel the same on my feet.

but let's be real, if you were young when these came out and you had these, you secretly wished you had the IV's...

I was in HS when these came out originally & actually, no, I did not want the IVs - Nike's Flight series were incredible. The white/black/reds became my school uniform shoe

Forgot where I read it but it was actually this midsole that Tinker used as his influence(s) on the AJ IV design.

Too bad; I had a pair of the white/blues in hand at the local spot but had to put them back since the painted midsoles were so horribly done.

these definitely look like a bootleg IV...there's been numerous times i've seen dudes rockin these with long baggy pants and i've mistaken them for IV's... a lot of similarities between the two...hell, they even feel the same on my feet.

but let's be real, if you were young when these came out and you had these, you secretly wished you had the IV's...

Umm what part of "they dropped BEFORE da jordan IV" in 89 did you not understand?

Air flght 89 as we know now were merely da LOW/MID top version of da FLAGSHIP air flight HIGH

That NT member magic done had as a avi for years, those came out BEFORE da jordan IV da same way da nike air

Revolution dropped BEFORE da jordan III. Nike used to launch technology on nikes FIRST then trickle down da goods

To other kicks. Da jordan line was MERELY a regular line for nike for years, his kicks were sharing tech & outsoles till da V's.

And even when started getting his own soles nike would STILL debut newer tech on nikes first then introduce it to jordans later (huarache, zoom air, etc)

Carbon fiber was da first piece of tech that came out on jordans first (although other brands had started already using carbon fiber earlier)

Da air flight 89s lost their luster in da retro era due to over saturation of wack colors, when da white/black OG colorway first retroed in 1999-2000

They smoked. Same thing happened to da bo jacksons...bad retro coloways & declined quality killed alot of that shoe's prestige.

Last edited:
I grew up in the 80s and love this shoe. I love it even more now that they can be had on the cheap, and are far better quality then most Jordan's. the 89s are also more padded and comfortable then any retro AJIV that I've had.

I grew up in the 80s and love this shoe. I love it even more now that they can be had on the cheap, and are far better quality then most Jordan's. the 89s are also more padded and comfortable then any retro AJIV that I've had.

This, and here's da kicker...da paint doesnt crack unlike da jordan IVs.

i grew up in the mountains where maybe one person in my whole school (if any) would get the latest kicks...so...i have no frame of reference for release dates on these.

doesn't really matter to me, though. i like and own them both the IV's and the 89's. I must say, though, the leather they used on my pair of black/greys from 2011 is that plasticky-type. Not impressed.

first random thought that came to mind - in hip hop terms - it's like comparing production on Above the Law's 'Livin like Hustlers' to Dr. Dre's 'The Chronic'.

Last edited:

nah, i wish i had both!

Probably a long shot but anyone know where I can cop the so called "true blue" colorway of these?
NEED THIS COLOR WAY!!! IN A SIZE 10, 10.5 11.... PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME 
frown.gif

Got the black/blacks for work....they're decent but honestly I think they look better online than on my feet.  

Back
Top Bottom