Nike Air Flight 89: now on NIKEiD

Originally Posted by green rhino123

bet he don't have deez tho

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

tumblr_lq3pze9MxX1qko4x4o1_500.gif

Originally Posted by donjuan513

donjuan513 wrote:

As much as I love Flight 89s, this plastic material they're using (on one of favorite shoes at that) has prevented me from purchasing them this go around.

it's the same pleather as on the 2008 air tech challenge IIs
i mean, if you have settled for anything in the past 3-4 years, i don't see why one wouldn't settle with these 89s

it's not some new crappy pleather just revealed on this model alone ya know

I haven't bought any of the pleather shoes. I can't do it.
Word. I just wore my 2000 blk/grey retros into the ground this year. I loved that pair and I can't help but cringe looking at what has become the flight 89's.

Originally Posted by digital022

it's the same pleather as on the 2008 air tech challenge IIs
i mean, if you have settled for anything in the past 3-4 years, i don't see why one wouldn't settle with these 89s

it's not some new crappy pleather just revealed on this model alone ya know

I haven't bought any of the pleather shoes. I can't do it.
Word. I just wore my 2000 blk/grey retros into the ground this year. I loved that pair and I can't help but cringe looking at what has become the flight 89's.

I dont even wanna wear mine anymore because the crese is so bad.
mad.gif
 It's very sad

i picked up the grey/black and yeah, the creasing is horrible. crappy leather. still glad i bought them, though, go figure.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Wear sneaker shields and it will get rid of the creasing
I've been wearing mine with sneaker shields since I bought them, but they still creased in the very front part of the toebox. Granted, it's not as bad as the whole toebox being creased.. but they still look
sick.gif

Common guys, it's a kick and creasing is part of the overall look.
Dudes with creases get respect, remember that!

Originally Posted by NikeRider

Common guys, it's a kick and creasing is part of the overall look.
Dudes with creases get respect, remember that!

uh huh yeah
eyes.gif

Man I picked up the black/gray ones and they are incredibly uncomfortable IMO. The pleather is tough and stiff and for some reason theres a part inside the shoe that rubs against my foot and it hurts after awhile. Some of the most uncomfortable shoes ive ever worn.

alot of ya just cop ya kicks too big..if you buy em a size ya toes are at da front, this isn't a problem.

Originally Posted by SneakerPimp2k8

damn are they really that bad??
I've worn my white/royal about 4 times and they're not getting any more broken in, it seems.  The leather is like that vinyl/leather hybrid they used to use on Pro Wings.  I think that's my biggest issue.  I don't mind creases, but it's as if this leather has minimal give.

If it weren't for the nostalgic factor, I'd probably get rid of my white/royals and roll the dice on my two pairs of 2000 retros not crumbling into dust.

Waiting for the right day to bring these out.
noiosz.jpg
Ty, if those are a size 9 and someday you're thinking of letting them go please keep me in mind
wink.gif

Recently picked up sample pair of the white/red/royals for $47 at the Outlet and I have to say I am kinda disappointed with the shoe. Looks isn't the problem but for whatever reason on the left pair  you can feel the plastic piece sticking out from inside of the shoe near the forefront. Not the worst feeling in the world but still a nuisance especially since it is only on the left pair. Maybe it will get better after a couple wears. And these are my normal shoe size.
I can still remember passing on a pair of white/yellow 89's at an Outlet in Texas in '99ish.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by CAto312

Originally Posted by SneakerPimp2k8

damn are they really that bad??
I've worn my white/royal about 4 times and they're not getting any more broken in, it seems.  The leather is like that vinyl/leather hybrid they used to use on Pro Wings.  I think that's my biggest issue.  I don't mind creases, but it's as if this leather has minimal give.

If it weren't for the nostalgic factor, I'd probably get rid of my white/royals and roll the dice on my two pairs of 2000 retros not crumbling into dust.

Damn everyone saying the same thing.... guess I will stay away from these, money saved.... gonna check em out over the weekend if I have time.

Originally Posted by langfor5

Recently picked up sample pair of the white/red/royals for $47 at the Outlet and I have to say I am kinda disappointed with the shoe. Looks isn't the problem but for whatever reason on the left pair  you can feel the plastic piece sticking out from inside of the shoe near the forefront. Not the worst feeling in the world but still a nuisance especially since it is only on the left pair. Maybe it will get better after a couple wears. And these are my normal shoe size.
I can still remember passing on a pair of white/yellow 89's at an Outlet in Texas in '99ish.
mad.gif
THIS. This is exactly what im talking about in my post above. Funny because it's only the left shoe on my pair too. Overall very dissapointed. As far as looks go they are on point, but I had to change my sneakers at lunch during work because the flight 89s were incredibly uncomfortable.

I wear mine with sneaker shields, so I don't feel that pleather in the forefront that you guys are talking about. However, that forefront pleather is what creases on my pair.

I still find my pair very comfortable.. even with sneaker shields since I use a smaller sized insert as opposed to my shoe size. (size 9 insert; size 10 shoe) The cushioning in the tongue and ankles are heavenly.

Waiting for the right day to bring these out.
noiosz.jpg

mad.gif
 What I would do for a DS size 11 in those right there.

You just hurt my feelings Ty.

Back
Top Bottom