"Nike air Flight Huarache" Still hoping, praying, and waiting for these to return. This year or n

No shot there's fakes of these. I think it's some camera magic, the back of the lyon blue pair is angled slightly more toward the camera. But nike gonna nike and there's prob some actual shape differences. Happens all the time with am1 and dunks etc. Made in china vs made in vietnam dunks are so different.

It’s the different distances from the camera that’s creating the illusion that they’re two different molds. I think they’re the exact same.

It’s the different distances from the camera that’s creating the illusion that they’re two different molds. I think they’re the exact same.
Nah. That doesn’t explain the clear differences I’m seeing.

1699753702460.jpeg

Live on NDC

The fact that these went straight to NDC with no real release means Nike knows these aren’t gonna sell :lol:
Nah, it's the fall brown/beige colorway they're using across the Nike Basketball Holiday 2023 Collection. These were meant to land on NDC, not SNKRS. See all the colorways here:

Outlet near me had a good size selection in the white OG for $99.99. Crazy that I've never seen this release on store shelves, or even at NDC until like two weeks ago (when I got them and the Kobe PE), and they're at the outlet. Nike is doing some weird and confusing stuff with a lot of these releases.

Live on NDC

The fact that these went straight to NDC with no real release means Nike knows these aren’t gonna sell :lol:
Nah, it's the fall brown/beige colorway they're using across the Nike Basketball Holiday 2023 Collection. These were meant to land on NDC, not SNKRS. See all the colorways here:
These along w/ Penny 2 in a same color-scheme did become available on SNKRS-JP while ago and while they also became available on NDC-JP at the same timing, most sizes are still available as of currently. (Kind of surprised to see the bigger sizes are gone by now….)
IMG_5369.jpeg

BTW, envy y’all that could get these black ‘n blue already. Although I’m willing to pay the retail for this one, haven’t heard any local news of them releasing here in JP as for now….

I'm sorry it took this long, but after picking up my pair from my local Villa (had them shipped there and they didn't have them on the shelves yet) I had some stuff come up. But I finally got my DS 2003 pair out and here are the pics of them with the 2023 pair.
PXL_20231114_033716901.jpg
PXL_20231114_033707338.jpg
PXL_20231114_033729814.jpg
PXL_20231114_033910662.jpg
PXL_20231114_034004116.jpg
PXL_20231114_033753416.jpg
PXL_20231114_033827017.jpg
PXL_20231114_033807317.jpg
PXL_20231114_033853755.jpg

So, as we can all see, there are some obvious differences that stand out. Yes, the blue is #1. Sagan Blue on the 2003 vs Lyon Blue on the new ones. If you ask me, I like the Sagan Blue more. The 2nd thing, is the blue that's visible on the sides, is because of 2 reasons. First is the blue part of the bootie is cut higher up vs the blue cut lower on the new pair. And 2nd, the actual opening on the sides is smaller on the new pair and it's quite obvious.

Outsole colors are basically flipped and obviously the color is different. But the actual ankle exoskeleton shape is totally different. And the rear strap is higher on the new pair (with a darker color) and the new pair has the Nike Air embroidered in back. But the overall height of each shoe is basically the same. The shape from overhead is definitely different (new pair is much more pointier). I wish I had a 1992 OG pair to compare to. But I hope you all like the comparison pics. 👍

My excitement for this retro has vanished somewhat

I wasn't happy with the changes either but this is close enough for now. We'll never get a good retro like the OG (and if the designers saying this is a true 1 to 1 retro, then we are NEVER getting one that looks like the original). It is what it is. Now I'm done with this release..... unless they decide to do a Scream Green color way. THAT would be AWESOME to see.

Total eye sore.. and 2002 had the blue AIR on the heel which was a nice update from the OG. I have 2 pair of the Whites.. I need to get rid of one of them (sz 11) because I'm not as excited anymore either but def don't need two.

2003s aren’t the best for comparison either. They’re far from OG too if you ask me. I think they did a decent job on the new pairs.

Well, it's the only time they retroed so it's the only shoe for recent comparisons. Unless you happen to have a DS 1992 pair sitting around? 🤷

The colorways outside of the Kobe’s and OGs were unappealing or wack. And for some reason I just wasn’t that into the OGs this time around. Only picked up the Kobe’s.

They should have stuck to the color scheme of the early 2000 retro pairs or brought some of those back. Had the black/yellows back in the day and always wanted to grab more. None of these are my pics, but for reference:

IMG_4040.jpeg

IMG_4041.jpeg

IMG_4042.jpeg

IMG_4043.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom