Nike Air Foamposite One "Polarized Pink" Release 11/21/2012

NY folk need to realize that they were'nt checkin for Penny's(Foams) back in 97 when the original blue Penny's came out!  I know this to be a fact cause I was at College in NC and alot of NY dudes were there too and they used to look at a brotha funny when I had mines!  To tell you the truth though, Pennys weren't seen that much in the DMV either around that time cause of the price point.  I want to say they were among the most expensive kicks at that time (97).  97.......  what a good year that was!:D

Truth is nobody was really checking for Foams in '97. In NYC or DMV!

I'm an NY cat through and through. As far as people on Foams at that time, I would maybe give an edge to the DMV folks. But, it's not as if these joints were flying off the shelves at their price point in either region. The pre-2000 DMV and NY claims to Foams are BOTH overstated, IMO.

But, it's funny how NYC and DMV always come up in sneaker discussions. NYC and Baltimore were also the two cities that were most important in the rise and continued availability of the AF1.

I hate hearing this NY vs DMV ********. Foams were popular in both. When I was a kid, mad cats had these in NY. People were calling them the dope dealers because back then to spend $200 on a pair of sneakers you had to be doing something dirty. They weren't flooded in NY but they were selling up there probably better than most areas.

Well...Penny had the first Foamposites and they dropped in Orlando before anywhere, so I guess Orlando is the "Home of Foams".

:smokin

I say just give both areas credit... Although I'd say the Air Force 1 is more of NY's thing, while Foams are more a DC thing.... not to say the shoes aren't popular in both areas.

I got the foams when they released, I was in high school. I remember hearing the moon boot joke, and  (as a arrogant high schooler) saying the dudes, "check the price *****, you can't even afford these." Lol boy I NEVER thought these shoes would be this popular. I wish nike gave out brand loyalty rewards lol I'd be a Triple OG Foamhead.

I say just give both areas credit... Although I'd say the Air Force 1 is more of NY's thing, while Foams are more a DC thing.... not to say the shoes aren't popular in both areas.

NY is definitely where the AF1 grew to what it became; the shoes are called "Uptowns," after all. NY is also the mecca of graff. But, much like graff, which originated in Philly, the AF1 didn't really originate in NY either. It was a coalition of 3 Baltimore retailers (Cinderella Shoes, Mr. Shoe, and Downtown Locker Room) that pushed to get AF1s remade after their initial run - the first ever "retro." Without B-More, the AF1 would not have been that shoe that was basically continuously available for decades, in all kinds of different colors.

Sorry to stray off topic, but it's knowledge worth dropping.

NY folk need to realize that they were'nt checkin for Penny's(Foams) back in 97 when the original blue Penny's came out!  I know this to be a fact cause I was at College in NC and alot of NY dudes were there too and they used to look at a brotha funny when I had mines!  To tell you the truth though, Pennys weren't seen that much in the DMV either around that time cause of the price point.  I want to say they were among the most expensive kicks at that time (97).  97.......  what a good year that was!
happy.gif
"i make a ***** black and blue like a pair of pennies" - cam'ron 1998

Well I love my pair. Waiting for the right time to pull them out but I am glad that the past few release in Js, foams, and even other shoes haven't been reselling for much more than retail.

I haven't seen any for retail or close for sale anywhere.
Looking forward to the stealth release, hopefully I can get them to

I guess it must be a Socal thing because they are going for $240 - $270 on the local FB pages and aren't even moving.

Cats out here would love that price...I'm seeing people drop $350+ around my way.

...and
nthat.gif
for the tidbit on the Uptowns.  Growing up if you called them Air Force 1's people would just look at you cockeyed like que?!
laugh.gif

Dudes from NYC think they are the Foampsoite capital

Dudes from the DMV think they are the Foamposite capital

Dudes from neither area think the DMV is the Foamposite capital. And this is where the problem starts

I don't doubt dudes from NYC been wearing Foams from the beginning, but that doesn't mean anything. The rest of the country views the DMV and "Foam Country", and for some reason NYC dudes have a tough time swallowing that pill.

Let it go

yeah thats a good price unless u live in NJ and pay no tax, making it 220 flat :smokin

"i make a ***** black and blue like a pair of pennies" - cam'ron 1998
Yeah, but he could have been talking about any pair of Pennys in 357. All the Penny sigs came in Magic colors.

Word to Tom Selleck's mustache.
still refutes his claim that NYers weren't checking for pennys, 357 dropped early 98, there was only air max penny, penny II, and da foamposites up to that point.

we're foamposite country.

and these are EVERYWHERE in NYC.

DC is officially foamposite nation we put those on the map. DC sells out of foams all the time no matter what. there is a spot out in MD at a mall they sell shoes early and this guy had the nerve to tell me that tey sold out a month ago for $600 per pair I said yea right I got 2 pairs of these on my feet as i pointed at my stealths and they kept asking me how did i get them so early i just walked out. I would put them on blast they have a real shady way of doing things but I am not.

Last edited by a moderator:
we're foamposite country.

and these are EVERYWHERE in NYC.

DC is officially foamposite nation we put those on the map. DC sells out of foams all the time no matter what. there is a spot out in MD at a mall they sell shoes early and this guy had the nerve to tell me that tey sold out a month ago for $600 per pair I said yea right I got 2 pairs of these on my feet as i pointed at my stealths and they kept asking me how did i get them so early i just walked out. I would put them on blast they have a real shady way of doing things but I am not.

Lol fordham rd alone probably smashes ur whole area b.

Lol fordham rd alone probably smashes ur whole area b.

Let it go brah

NYC is so populated and has so mnay sneaker stores that any shoe, any shoe, got a lot of people wearing them in the city.

But outside of your lil 5 Bearau bubble, Foamposite are most associated with the DMV area.

In the early 2000s when NYC was busy claiming that you'll are "AF1 country" the DMV was gobbling up Foam Pros. And everyone noticed

I wish I still had my old pics of NT Summit back then. NYC cats got assorted heat on, in the DMV pics 90% Black Foam Pros.

I don't doubt NYC "been wearing Foams". I sure you guys have. But so was the DMV, and when NYC was busy trying to put the world on to other stuff (like you guys always claim you do)
the DMV stuck with Foams in heavy rotation.

But it doesn't matter now, everyone rocks with Foams now, everyone. Even the west coast.

still refutes his claim that NYers weren't checking for pennys, 357 dropped early 98, there was only air max penny, penny II, and da foamposites up to that point.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but people weren't claiming NY didn't check for Pennys, rather the claim was specifically around the Foam One on it's original release.

Penny 1s were huge. The 2s did aight too.

Foam Ones, at first release, not so much... in any region. Price point was just too high.

BTW, anybody from NYC who claims that these were around and NY cats were calling them "dope dealers" is suspect, IMO. "Dope dealer" may have been a term used in DC, but not really in NY.

Last edited:
Hahah y'all are funny like a certain area claims a certain shoe u don't think people in Michigan and ohio and Illinois wears foams come on guys foams are worn everywhere. If Columbus had more shoe stores that got foams they would still sell out just more people would be able to get them. Half the time I don't even get foams cause it such a Hassell has been for a while now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but people weren't claiming NY didn't check for Pennys, rather the claim was specifically around the Foam One on it's original release.
Penny 1s were huge. The 2s did aight too.
Foam Ones, at first release, not so much... in any region. Price point was just too high.
BTW, anybody from NYC who claims that these were around and NY cats were calling them "dope dealers" is suspect, IMO. "Dope dealer" may have been a term used in DC, but not really in NY.
hahahahahaah bro I fell out my seat after that pic.

Back
Top Bottom