Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Only shoe I think I could do 4-5 pairs on is the B&W's. First pair is starting show heel drag. So wearable...

Only shoe I think I could do 4-5 pairs on is the B&W's. First pair is starting show heel drag. So wearable...
You damn right [emoji]128076[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji][emoji]128076[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji][emoji]128076[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]. So far I have 2 pairs of those smh heel drag a ***** sometimes.

If I can have 4-5 pairs of a single colorway, it'd be Shadows. Although B/W's can go with anything, shadows would go just as well. Only have to worry about the midsole lookin dirty quick as opposed to all the white on B/W's. Then again, why would you worry if you sittin on multiples lol.

Anywho, rockin CHI's here at the airport on our way to Cali.

View media item 1622887

I don't know how you guys get heel drag

I don't even have that happen to my on court kicks that I've worn religiously for years

I don't know how you guys get heel drag

I don't even have that happen to my on court kicks that I've worn religiously for years
My natural walk causes heel drag. I always thought everybody has heel drag, just some more than others.

Last edited:

Am I the only one that only needs ONE pair of a certain shoe (don't see how some of you have 5 Chi's) because i own so many that I'm not gonna beat mine up that bad or even wear it that much to begin with where i have to worry about needing a backup pair or a backup to the backup a couple years down the line? Especially given the fact that many of yaw are paying markup for the 2nd/3rd/4th/etc pairs?

Am i the only one that looks at that money spent as bread i could be putting towards OTHER kicks i want (and dont have)? Maybe i just like too many of a variety of kicks to OD on a certain shoe (albeit classics)? Or is it a trade bait thing? Or am I just a broke boi cuz i dont have $2-3K disposable to tie up on ONE colorway of kicks (mind you i'm an adult with a decent paying job, an apartment, a gf that lives with me, school loans, etc)? NTers must be paid really well to drop this kind of bread on ONE colorway... Don't mean to sound like i'm hating, just trying to understand the mentality... (by the way, If i had 5 pairs of Chi's i more than likely wouldn't get to the 5th pair until 2040ish, by then they would have probably retroed at LEAST once i'd venture to predict). School me NT Hoarders
Here is my take on it....

No school loans. I have a mortgage payments, car payments, pretty well payed career, not one complaint at all.

Only purchase this year besides the 5x Chicagos, 1x DSM at retail and the 3x Adidas UB. 

IF you can get your hands on more than pair...would you not? (reasonable priced of course). Some shoes I buy is almost like a safety net...if I am ever in need of $$$$ these shoes are jsut some of my assets that I can move, earn back and make more on top...you can call me a reseller blah blah....but I dont do this for a living. I enjoy all my kicks and the Chicagos was the ONLY shoe I was looking forward to this year. 

Why must I have more than 1? why cant I? My money, I earned it and I will enjoy it. I, like many others didnt come from a wealthy family...See kids back in the day with all the new jays and doubling up...man was I salty as helllllll...Now its not a problem...just obtaining it is the problem..lol

now when you say decent paying job, what is considered decent? you dont have to tell me the exact figures...just give me a range...

I assume you pay rent and you have a gf and school loans...I can see why funds are limited and strictly for priorties...We all went thru that..I have and I've learn ways to manage my $$$...

By 2040..ill be worrying about other things than shoes...Do you selves a favor kids...get on a 401K or IRA account...

Last edited:

Here is my take on it....

No school loans. I have a mortgage payments, car payments, pretty well payed career, not one complaint at all.

Only purchase this year besides the 5x Chicagos, 1x DSM at retail and the 3x Adidas UB. 

IF you can get your hands on more than pair...would you not? (reasonable priced of course). Some shoes I buy is almost like a safety net...if I am ever in need of $$$$ these shoes are jsut some of my assets that I can move, earn back and make more on top...you can call me a reseller blah blah....but I dont do this for a living. I enjoy all my kicks and the Chicagos was the ONLY shoe I was looking forward to this year. 

Why must I have more than 1? why cant I? My money, I earned it and I will enjoy it. I, like many others didnt come from a wealthy family...See kids back in the day with all the new jays and doubling up...man was I salty as helllllll...Now its not a problem...just obtaining it is the problem..lol

now when you say decent paying job, what is considered decent? you dont have to tell me the exact figures...just give me a range...

I assume you pay rent and you have a gf and school loans...I can see why funds are limited and strictly for priorties...We all went thru that..I have and I've learn ways to manage my $$$...

By 2040..ill be worrying about other things than shoes...Do you selves a favor kids...get on a 401K or IRA account...
Makes sense for YOU, you only bought 4 OTHER pairs of shoes (besides Chis) this year... I pick up that many in a month (sadly, lol), again, I guess its just my diverse like of kicks that prevents me from doubling up... AND FYI no kid here (i'm in my 30's), I have a 401k, lookin to get married and buy a house in the next 3-5 years... Your M.O. for copping multiples of a classic shoe (and as others mentioned in here) makes complete sense, and if you aren't purchasing much else, is completely reasonable, especially if you have the disposable income that allows you to do so... I'm just trying to understand why the need to have 4-5 pairs... given that many of us are older sneakerheads, its safe to say it would take a WHILE to go thru 2-3 pairs (especially for a working professional that can't even wear sneakers during the week), so imagine 4-5 pairs... Props to everyone that has been able to pick up multiple pairs at retail, and hope that you guys stockpiling are able to either help folks out or cash out your investment and put it to good use some day... I myself picked up 8 pairs of Chis at retail (5 men's, 3 GS) and ooped 3 of em to NTers, sold a men's and a GS to a chinese reseller intent on flipping back to home, sold one GS to a random FB group person, and one GS for wifey...

It's cool taking that pic with many pairs of the same shoe showing the cook/win, but all in all you can only enjoy one at a time... Appreciate the insight...

Last edited:
FYI, since these and the SBBs came unlaced there is actually standard way to lace sneakers...when looking down your left shoe laces should be "left over right" and when looking down on your right shoe your laces should be "right over left". For examples just look at your already laced up shoe purchases

Makes sense for YOU, you only bought 4 OTHER pairs of shoes (besides Chis) this year... I pick up that many in a month (sadly, lol), again, I guess its just my diverse like of kicks that prevents me from doubling up... AND FYI no kid here (i'm in my 30's), I have a 401k, lookin to get married and buy a house in the next 3-5 years... Your M.O. for copping multiples of a classic shoe (and as others mentioned in here) makes complete sense, and if you aren't purchasing much else, is completely reasonable, especially if you have the disposable income that allows you to do so... I'm just trying to understand why the need to have 4-5 pairs... given that many of us are older sneakerheads, its safe to say it would take a WHILE to go thru 2-3 pairs (especially for a working professional that can't even wear sneakers during the week), so imagine 4-5 pairs... Props to everyone that has been able to pick up multiple pairs at retail, and hope that you guys stockpiling are able to either help folks out or cash out your investment and put it to good use some day... I myself picked up 8 pairs of Chis at retail (5 men's, 3 GS) and ooped 3 of em to NTers, sold a men's and a GS to a chinese reseller intent on flipping back to home, sold one GS to a random FB group person, and one GS for wifey...

It's cool taking that pic with many pairs of the same shoe showing the cook/win, but all in all you can only enjoy one at a time... Appreciate the insight...
I only took the photo because someone assumed I was lying about my top 5 pairs for the year was the chicagos..lol

I never flaunted my pairs before that...

FYI, since these and the SBBs came unlaced there is actually standard way to lace sneakers...when looking down your left shoe laces should be "left over right" and when looking down on your right shoe your laces should be "right over left". For examples just look at your already laced up shoe purchases

Repped :smokin

haven't been in here for a while. These coming out on NDC 8/30?

Dude with the Yeezy;s and glow in the dark watch in his avatar can finally get them in time for his BBQ he wanted to where these to?

Guys.....who's getting the better end of this deal? Or is it even....

Patone 11s for Chicago 1s
straight trade

Pretty obvious fam
Thanks for that answer. Extremely helpful......
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom