Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Partly true but weather it's a super GR or like these 1s, resellers are always gonna b around due to those that jus don't have the time. I know plenty people who went straight to their resellers and paid 350 for legend blues, paid 300 for hares. Because they have jobs and families and have the money to say hey I need a sz. X, drop off to me on RD...

RESPECT.......

As long as they're pre-sellers and resellers around, these or any 11s and any other popular Jordan will sell out in less than an hour online. Us sneakerheads have to make a conscious effort..to not pay these pre-sale and resale prices..EVEN IF IT MEANS NOT GETTING YOU'RE PAIR AT ALL. We must vanquish the market completely of these pocket poachers. It shouldn't be about you getting your pair at any cost..it really shouldn't...cuz they feed off of our nervousness..anxieties and desperation.
It's not gonna happen cause we have the group of "sneakerheads" that go straight to resellers cause they have a busy life and can't jump thru the hoops to get kicks nowadays...that group and jus pure hypes will keep resellers in business...
You could just as easily make a snarky remark about the "sneakerheads" in this thread who buy the shoes to let them sit on a shelf in a box for 3 years before trying to gouge on the secondary market too. All of it is irrelevant, cause the facts are pretty clear. If Nike treated these like they did most of this year's releases (#'s wise), there wouldn't be all the pre-sales, reselling, absurd prices, etc.
Partly true but weather it's a super GR or like these 1s, resellers are always gonna b around due to those that jus don't have the time. I know plenty people who went straight to their resellers and paid 350 for legend blues, paid 300 for hares. Because they have jobs and families and have the money to say hey I need a sz. X, drop off to me on RD...
Always is such a strong word though. I doubt in 20 years Jordans have the kind of attention they do now from consumers. Sure, it's a trend and not a fad, but trends come and go over time too. Plus there's only so many times you can re-retro a shoe before an entire generation is good on it for a decade. And yes, there's some people who pay to get them ahead of time, but that's any product today. Getting a pair of AJ1's shouldn't be as difficult as it is, especially when there's no other retro model that compares. It's artificially set by Nike to be this way, so I just don't see the point in telling people not to cover themselves (and sit it out), knowing the company isn't looking out for you to get the shoe at all.

Last edited:
Always is such a strong word though. I doubt in 20 years Jordans have the kind of attention they do now from consumers. Sure, it's a trend and not a fad, but trends come and go over time too. Plus there's only so many times you can re-retro a shoe before an entire generation is good on it for a decade. And yes, there's some people who pay to get them ahead of time, but that's any product today. Getting a pair of AJ1's shouldn't be as difficult as it is, especially when there's no other retro model that compares. It's artificially set by Nike to be this way, so I just don't see the point in telling people not to cover themselves (and sit it out), knowing the company isn't looking out for you to get the shoe at all.
I signed up for NT just to say fvk it. I've been waiting for these 1's for a while and after asking a couple of stores today whether they will be stocking them, I found out that they really are very limited.  Nike really doesn't look out for its followers and it sucks for the people who really like certain Jordans. A lot of the time you have to go to Hell and back to get a pair that you really like which is just crazy. It shouldnt be as difficult as it is to get a pair of sneakers. This is why I'm taking a step back from Jordans. There are other brands that are on the come up and is a lot easier to get sneakers(Adidas, Asics, etc.) Nike is spoiled because they have people that would buy their products no matter what so they don't even attempt to fix the problems that they've been having for years. I'll still be on the lookout for the grails that I really want, but if I can't get oh well. I'll save my money or buy something else with it. Im not gonna give resellers the satisfaction by paying double the price for a pair. 

Last edited:
That port strike might be why some stores are getting their shipments late.
Another FinishLine said they get they shipment in a day before release

That port strike might be why some stores are getting their shipments late.
Another FinishLine said they get they shipment in a day before release

Ahh yes, reminds me of when people said it was Chinese Holiday, and thats why Royals haven't fully released.

That might have been the most ridiculous statement ever on NT.

As long as they're pre-sellers and resellers around, these or any 11s and any other popular Jordan will sell out in less than an hour online. Us sneakerheads have to make a conscious effort..to not pay these pre-sale and resale prices..EVEN IF IT MEANS NOT GETTING YOU'RE PAIR AT ALL. We must vanquish the market completely of these pocket poachers. It shouldn't be about you getting your pair at any cost..it really shouldn't...cuz they feed off of our nervousness..anxieties and desperation.
It's not gonna happen cause we have the group of "sneakerheads" that go straight to resellers cause they have a busy life and can't jump thru the hoops to get kicks nowadays...that group and jus pure hypes will keep resellers in business...
You could just as easily make a snarky remark about the "sneakerheads" in this thread who buy the shoes to let them sit on a shelf in a box for 3 years before trying to gouge on the secondary market too. All of it is irrelevant, cause the facts are pretty clear. If Nike treated these like they did most of this year's releases (#'s wise), there wouldn't be all the pre-sales, reselling, absurd prices, etc.
There was an enitire generation that grew up watch mike and coppin his shoes and the whole 9 in the 90s. It's whole different generation and it's even bigger than before. So iono how long the "trend" is gonna last. Who know what the next generation will b doing. But that next cycle of retros could b jus as popular then cause it's "new" to them and it's what there older brothers, cuzzins, parents wore. But it's hot now so resellers are here weather Nike/JB mass produce a show or not...jus my opinion tho....

I do it to cop kicks for me and my kids. I'm not a hoarder nor am I a resale geek. I Get money to do us. No way what Im askn is ridiculous. When I see outstanding plays being made an resellers winning. Me an my folk gone eat keep f%#kn wit me......

To hear ppl say that actual brick and mortar FINL stores will be recieving these is very intriguing. I don't recall any of their stores getting royals or Breds.

To hear ppl say that actual brick and mortar FINL stores will be recieving these is very intriguing. I don't recall any of their stores getting royals or Breds.

finishlines did get bred i cop two pairs, they only had 13 of them. only like three finishline stores in fl

Last edited:
finishlines did get bred i cop two pairs, they only had 13 of them. only like three finishline stores in fl

Ok I know that none in my area for them. But glad they are getting them. Hopefully my stores get some too!

Back
Top Bottom