Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Any places with reasonable preorders ($300 or less) still out there?  Ebay has me shook I'll inadvertently buy a Grey Market/UA pair at resale price. 
mean.gif

At least ATC services are refundable and I just see it as paying someone with a better server/connection speed to help you cop. They are pretty worthless now though, but I am trying all angles for the shoe I love.

Exactly. That's been the deal since forever.

It's also comical hat a lot of dudes will moan and complain about resellers but then turn around and pay an add to cart service like it's not the same thing.
PREACH PREACHER!  I say get it how you feel, if you dont want to pay resale then don't.  Complaining about resellers is like complaining about having to pay taxes.  Its not going anywhere..
False mentality, if we the community stop being hype beasts and supporting them will they continue to mess it up for folks who actually want to aquire shoes?  Can't sell something that doesn't have buyers.
Try and apply that logic anywhere and tell me how it ends up. All you are doing is preaching to the choir just like we alway say we should boycott nike for raising the prices of shoes so much every year.

It is what it is at this point. You can either live with it or move on. This holds true for everything in life we don't need.
Good analogy I just feel like we have the power as the buyers, not with Nike as much but with resellers. I'm just passing by this thread heard so much was going on, I tried
tired.gif
 back to video games threads I go

False mentality, if we the community stop being hype beasts and supporting them will they continue to mess it up for folks who actually want to aquire shoes?  Can't sell something that doesn't have buyers.
RIGHT and they will ALWAYS have buyers!
Yes but we know we have the power, we have seen hyped pairs have a crazy resell value and drastically drop because people aren't taking the.

I only gave my 2 cents not to complain but promote ethics which use to exist amongst sneakerheads. Folks going hard to resell a pair of shoes, for all that work you could of done something 10x easier to make an extra $100. I made my comments above because I want everyone to eat,

1. STOP USING THE RAPE TERM!!!!
2. You clearly do not realize or accept that Jordans and limited nikes are the new trend. It sucks and hopefully, it will get better.
Things didn't used to be this way. We used to miss out on a shoe and throw a $15 tip to someone and that would be that. Now, we have so many new "sneaker heads" that it has made the market what it is. Just have to ride the wave and chill in the mean time.
I've actually been able to make some serious moves on older shoes because dudes are just worried about the next hyped shoe. Can you believe I just got some worn once 04 black/red 13s for $225 shipped and missed out on ds OG black red 13s for like $275 shipped last week?

Yes but we know we have the power, we have seen hyped pairs have a crazy resell value and drastically drop because people aren't taking the.

I only gave my 2 cents not to complain but promote ethics which use to exist amongst sneakerheads. Folks going hard to resell a pair of shoes, for all that work you could of done something 10x easier to make an extra $100. I made my comments above because I want everyone to eat,
I agree with most of this, I just see no problem with a person who charges lets say 20 to 30 over retail to help support this expensive habit.  When it comes to stock room hoarding, I too have no love for those peeps, but I accept it and choose not to give them my money.  I don't begrudge anyone who does decided too though. 

RIGHT and they will ALWAYS have buyers!

1. STOP USING THE RAPE TERM!!!!
2. You clearly do not realize or accept that Jordans and limited nikes are the new trend. It sucks and hopefully, it will get better.
Things didn't used to be this way. We used to miss out on a shoe and throw a $15 tip to someone and that would be that. Now, we have so many new "sneaker heads" that it has made the market what it is. Just have to ride the wave and chill in the mean time.
I've actually been able to make some serious moves on older shoes because dudes are just worried about the next hyped shoe. Can you believe I just got some worn once 04 black/red 13s for $225 shipped and missed out on ds OG black red 13s for like $275 shipped last week?
That's a banned word? Didn't know.

I totally believe that example you gave. But yeah the new age has helped with grabbing some grails you may have wanted for your collection. I grabbed a lot of pink and silver box Sbs I missed out for cheap.

Yet ANOTHER reason to hate eBay and what "shoe culture" has become. I decide to sell my DS 2013 pair to get funds for this 2015 Nike Air pair. I receive 2 messages telling me they are fake, both from bidders with less time on eBay and less feedback. I registered in 1999 and have 800+ feedbacks, primarily from buying and selling shoes. To top it off, I have the BUYER who ALREADY paid e-mail me me questioning if they are legit or not and asking for a refund if not. I CLEARLY state in the description to contact me BEFORE you bid with questions. Also stated they were the 2013 pair with the Jumpman, NOT NIKE AIR. The kicker is the buyer said he posted on here, Niketalk and received info saying they were fake. Checked the legit forum, never saw a post questioning my shoes. I've been here since '99 and have done PLENTY of transactions on here.

WOW

Has the internet and the explosion of social media brought all the wrong kind of people to our beloved subculture? Or what used to be called a subculture?

I don't care if I sound old and salty at this point and I'm only 29. It's getting sickening on multiple levels from just trying to get the shoes all the way to trying to sell them on the former greatest place to get kicks from anywhere in the world, eBay.

probably just some dumb kids bruh...I wouldnt even sweat it....

I agree with most of this, I just see no problem with a person who charges lets say 20 to 30 over retail to help support this expensive habit.  When it comes to stock room hoarding, I too have no love for those peeps, but I accept it and choose not to give them my money.  I don't begrudge anyone who does decided too though.
Bro I got a homey who is full out reseller now. I use to pay the 20-30 now he's at $100. When I inquire it's "Being it's For you" and at least $50 upsell. Nothing has changed over the years in our relationship so what happen to folks looking out. Like I don't knock him make your money, it's a solid legal hustle but don't make it seem like u doing me a favor when u still eating off me.

Yea def some dumb kid. My buddy told me how a dude on ebay wanted a refund because he purchased ds Jordans that were like 15 yrs old, balled in them, and had them fall apart... Dude really wanted a refund.

I never took any business classes but I think that would be a case of supply exceeding demand. If they want to keep their jobs, the execs at Nike should be thinking 5 steps ahead to make sure that never happens.

Hypothetically if everyone got a pair, demand would drop off to zero and Nike would have to change marketing strategy, slash production numbers or abandon the JB line entirely. Of course this would all be too late at that point and Nike would have already taken a huge blow.
that's not how supply and demand would work in this scenario....if a zero point is met (where the supply and demand cross) then the price point goes up on the demand -- which is what we've seen the last 30 years from the Jordan Brand (yes). it's akin to camping out for kicks....folks at the back of the line know it is highly unlikely they will get a pair yet they will stay because demand (want in this case) is always constant regardless of supply.

Maybeyou should write to Nike/JB instead of ranting on a message board? Nike could've made this a wide GR and everybody could've eaten but they use hype as marketing to build up JB... How many people strike out and buy a pair of Mids or Jordan Brand flights/spizikes/whatever to make up for not copping. Honestly, resellers sinply give people a way to buy the shoes-if the price is too high, move on. Truthfully, it's really Nike's fault for not producing enough to meet the demand (or they could price it very high so those who can afford it can cop relatively easily like they did with the GOF pack).

Maybeyou should write to Nike/JB instead of ranting on a message board? Nike could've made this a wide GR and everybody could've eaten but they use hype as marketing to build up JB... How many people strike out and buy a pair of Mids or Jordan Brand flights/spizikes/whatever to make up for not copping. Honestly, resellers sinply give people a way to buy the shoes-if the price is too high, move on. Truthfully, it's really Nike's fault for not producing enough to meet the demand (or they could price it very high so those who can afford it can cop relatively easily like they did with the GOF pack).
How is it Nike fault that people are buying FSR in some cases and reselling causing people who actually want the shoes to strike out? They didn't make enough pairs to satisfy the customers + resellers?

Back
Top Bottom