Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
How do they get the money back if the seller already transferred to their bank?

The seller's account goes into red and debt collection attempts are made. PayPal get's 3% of everything, so they have the funds to issue you your monies back, while they attempt to collect the funds back from the seller(s).

Pretty sure that's how it works.

Last edited:
These are by far the most comfortable 1s I have ever put my foot in. The padding, sole, even the tongue. The Black/Whites don't come close to these as far as comfort.

I got my refund from him. Spoke to him too. The NDC cancellation crushed him. I think he truly tried. This was just one of those releases where resellers couldn't come through 100%,

I was real respectful with him and asked if we would have the opportunity to cop again at a decent price when NDC finally releases and he said for sure. I won't hold him to that completely.
What's your secret to getting him to respond?

:rofl:  people using laced vs. unlaced as an authenticity reference... all these unlaced pics are funny to me. "Factory unlaced" will be a part of eBay listings.

This is already a thing! My friend was trying to sell a pair on Craigslist. When the buyer asked him why the shoes were laced, my friend said he can pull out the laces if he wants. The guy said he didn't want them anymore because they weren't factory laced.

What's your secret to getting him to respond?

Not too sure. I've just been very respectful, mentioning i know he's being bombarded with emails. He doesn't respond immediately. I give him a while to get back to me

Maybe the key is to be patient and don't hound him?

The seller's account goes into red and debt collection attempts are made. PayPal get's 3% of everything, so they have the funds to issue you your monies back, while they attempt to collect the funds back from the seller(s).

Pretty sure that's how it works.

They'll automatically debit your bank account on file. They'll try to collect from you "encouraging" you to add funds to your PP acct for 3 days before they just go ahead and take it however.

Funny. I decide to go ahead and jump into the hype and cop a pair for $400 no more than that. I go to RIF.LA, sell my 2013 chicagos worn for 140, my bred 11 lows for 225 ds.... start hitting up everyone selling on cl and my few resell connects..... Everyone sold out...... At least I got money for my kicks I guess.

They'll automatically debit your bank account on file. They'll try to collect from you "encouraging" you to add funds to your PP acct for 3 days before they just go ahead and take it however.
So if you close the bank account than paypal has no way to collect?

Yup. After PayPal rules in the buyer's favor and refund's the buyer, it's pretty much PayPal's problem after that.

Now I just need JB to re-release the Black/Royals so I can close the chapter on the 1's for life.

Are you DJ Proto?

I swear you guys have such a whack *** mentality. Flexing for dudes.

I can just picture it now. All the females at the bbq see you wearing KO's and not these and start snickering and talking about "look at this clown with those knock off poor boy KO's. Pfffftt!"

Anyways.........

My skin would probably break out in hives from an allergic reaction if I dared try on a pair of Jordan KO's. What I wear and sport is highly important to me. Where I'm from dressing nice is a way of life. The right salvatore or Louboutin dress shoes will give you the edge for a job over the Steve madden guy. And the right outfit and sneaker with a model chick will have you walk past a club line and get in free plus have a free vip table and bottles.
For me collecting Jordan's is a thrill and lifestyle, BUT I also know the history and memories behind each shoe. I can't speak for you all who aren't from NY, Philly or DC.

:lol:

Are you actually quoting lines word for word from Rhay Gharrett?

-Drew

These are by far the most comfortable 1s I have ever put my foot in. The padding, sole, even the tongue. The Black/Whites don't come close to these as far as comfort.
Black and whites are just short of these. Family Forevers are right there though those things are downy soft.

I've never bought a shoe for $400+, not gonna start with these. Most I ever spent was $350 on Mango Barcelona Kobe VI, and $330 for Kobe IX Multi.

Prices WILL drop, just wait it out. But they will go back up again. Amateur resellers with mom's allowance can't sit on these over a month, they will drop.

This is already a thing! My friend was trying to sell a pair on Craigslist. When the buyer asked him why the shoes were laced, my friend said he can pull out the laces if he wants. The guy said he didn't want them anymore because they weren't factory laced.
:lol: I would have to told him to EAD and stop wasting my time with such petty grievances. Lacing a shoe is now a value depreciating detail :smh: I'm glad THAT guy struck out and is looking to pay resell.

So if you close the bank account than paypal has no way to collect?
They send collection agency on you if you close your bank account.  Not worth it unless you don't care about your credit score and collection companies calling your house every week.

They send collection agency on you if you close your bank account.  Not worth it unless you don't care about your credit score and collection companies calling your house every week.
Yeah and I assume you would be blacklisted from opening up another PayPal again. So you are screwed selling through eBay, IG or Twitter. Unless you use someone else's info.

For those who have black white 1's and these, and have tried/worn both shoes, how are the Chicago 1's in comfort compared to black white 1's?
Chicagos are way more comfortable than the B&W's imo, I think it has to do with the fact that I have wider feet, and the mold is different. Quality on both is good though.

Back
Top Bottom