Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "Military Blue" - 2017?

I just copped a 2006 pair DS for a STEAL

am i stupid for buying these?

Are these gonna crack on me as soon as i put them on?
The shoe is 10 years old, paint cracking will be the least of your worries. Now sole separation is something to worry about.

jb pls go ahead and give us a release date. i need these. they were my first pair of of jordans. got them in 6th grade. wanted a pair so bad i traded a pair of new magic johnson cons to a kid for his used jordans 4's and my mom about killed me for it.

Last edited:
A really unique shade of blue 4 sure...any other js got this color? I can't think of any

I liked the off white color with the gray and blue combination. Very different for its time in the late 80's. They were pushing the envelope then. Grape 5's next, maroon and carmine 6's. Nike was on it!

Haha definitely need to return those 2006 shoes unless its for collection purposes only.

In for a pair with NA once they drop RD

These are absolutely GORGEOUS. My favorite pair of sneakers, ever. Any word on a release date?

Last edited:
My 2006 MBs seperated from the heel in 2011. I was taking them off and heard a THWACK sound and saw them doing their best T2 impression. Before trying them on i advise you to try pushing on them and applying pressure to see if they could withstand it. If not store them or trade them away.

I think sole separation depends on a lot of factors. Age. How they were stored. Climate in which they were stored. How/if they were used and taken care of.

I have Mars IVs, Laser Fire Red IVs, and mid '00s Military IVs that I still wear. While I do have paint chipping and scratching, I've never had a problem with sole separation on them.

I have a pair of '04 Olympic VIIs that I've worn well over the years. I just wore them yesterday for the 4th, all day around town and then to a rocky lot across from a lake to watch fireworks. They're dirty, but the soles are still 100% intact.

I have a pair of black/citrus VIIs that I've practically worn into the ground over the years. They became my annual go-to SoCal Halloween trip shoes, and those trips haven't been easy on them. Multiple years running around Magic Mountain, the LA Hayride, Knott's Scary, and ESPECIALLY the tough rocky hilly backlot at Universal. They're well worn down, but again, the soles are unbelievably still intact.

Last but not least, I regularly wear a pair of '01 black/red XIs. Still in VERY good condition and the soles are 100% intact. From 2001!

So it kind of puzzles me when I hear so many people say they have sole separation, especially from stuff that's under 10 years old. I don't use silica packs or shrink wrap anything, on the contrary I think that kind of thing is the worst you can possibly do. I just always stored my kicks exactly how they came in box, and in a fairly dry climate that only really ever got moderately warm. That seemed to work pretty well.

Unfortunately you never know how someone else stored something you might buy online. I'd say try pushing moderately hard on the sides of the outsole in the heel area, close to the air bubble. If it feels/looks like your fingers are making a permanent impression, I'd say don't wear them. If there's no lasting impression, I'd say good to go.

Last edited:
I think sole separation depends on a lot of factors. Age. How they were stored. Climate in which they were stored. How/if they were used and taken care of.

I have Mars IVs, Laser Fire Red IVs, and mid '00s Military IVs that I still wear. While I do have paint chipping and scratching, I've never had a problem with sole separation on them.

I have a pair of '04 Olympic VIIs that I've worn well over the years. I just wore them yesterday for the 4th, all day around town and then to a rocky lot across from a lake to watch fireworks. They're dirty, but the soles are still 100% intact.

I have a pair of black/citrus VIIs that I've practically worn into the ground over the years. They became my annual go-to SoCal Halloween trip shoes, and those trips haven't been easy on them. Multiple years running around Magic Mountain, the LA Hayride, Knott's Scary, and ESPECIALLY the tough rocky hilly backlot at Universal. They're well worn down, but again, the soles are unbelievably still intact.

Last but not least, I regularly wear a pair of '01 black/red XIs. Still in VERY good condition and the soles are 100% intact. From 2001!

So it kind of puzzles me when I hear so many people say they have sole separation, especially from stuff that's under 10 years old. I don't use silica packs or shrink wrap anything, on the contrary I think that kind of thing is the worst you can possibly do. I just always stored my kicks exactly how they came in box, and in a fairly dry climate that only really ever got moderately warm. That seemed to work pretty well.

Unfortunately you never know how someone else stored something you might buy online. I'd say try pushing moderately hard on the sides of the outsole in the heel area, close to the air bubble. If it feels/looks like your fingers are making a permanent impression, I'd say don't wear them. If there's no lasting impression, I'd say good to go.
If you wore them sole separation won't occur (will sometimes down the line, it's inevitable). He purchased the shoes DS which means the sole could separate as soon as he wears them

That's why I've been trying to wear all of my shoes b/c that will ensure they last as long as possible.  I had a pair of OG Aqua 8s that I donated in '06 b/c I was done with Jordans at the time.  They were worn regularly since '93, and still wearable.  If you ever plan on wearing your shoes, the sooner you get started on that, the better!

I don't understand why someone would spend $200 on these when they're likely going to re-release.  Only reason I can think of is if you want to collect every version.  If so, then you wouldn't likely be wearing them.

That's why I've been trying to wear all of my shoes b/c that will ensure they last as long as possible.  I had a pair of OG Aqua 8s that I donated in '06 b/c I was done with Jordans at the time.  They were worn regularly since '93, and still wearable.  If you ever plan on wearing your shoes, the sooner you get started on that, the better!

I don't understand why someone would spend $200 on these when they're likely going to re-release.  Only reason I can think of is if you want to collect every version.  If so, then you wouldn't likely be wearing them.
Some people want the shoe so bad they purchase. Others want to collect every version. Then there are the hoarders that want to just have a lot of pairs.

Im trying to snag all classic Pre-retirement NA releases

I really don't want the Aquas though.

Last edited:
Im trying to snag all classic Pre-retirement NA releases

I really don't want the Aquas though.

Let me say I have respect for people who finish collections like that, even when there are certain colorways they don't personally like. Lord knows I can't find it in myself to spend money on shoes I think don't look good. :lol:

Aquas are great though and I really need to go ahead and pick up the most recent release.

Last edited:
If you wore them sole separation won't occur (will sometimes down the line, it's inevitable). He purchased the shoes DS which means the sole could separate as soon as he wears them

Yeah I know that's what most people say and think. But it hasn't really happened in my experience. I've had shoes I waited 7-10 years to wear, i.e. multiple pairs of 2007 black/metallic Vs, and they have still never crumbled or separated.

With the previews of 2017 releases coming out already I would've thought we would've seen something by now

Back
Top Bottom