Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

I think you missed my point in your excitement.....:x

What Nike charges for a shoe has little do do with the cost to produce it. This is a point often debated on these forums. I'm saying they're not related. Nike doesn't price in a cost plus model. Jordans let alone other models don't cost more than $30 to produce and ship to the US, the highest cost of the shoe is the sole.

Another topic that often comes up is how molds play into producing a given shoe. My point was that Nike uses multiple molds over a given run. With that said molds do wear over production so there are differences between the first sole that comes off a mold and the last sole. The molds are 'good' until they no longer produce a product that is considered in spec. Molds do wear out and are scrapped, and remade often, but this wasn't the point I was making.

Your point of changing a mold to save money isn't correct. Minor variances in design have little to no cost impact on producing the mold itself. If Nike changes the design of the mold, it's for other reasons like design improvements or material cost reduction (less material used in the soles which again are the highest cost of the shoe). The highest cost factors are how many cavities the mold has which equates to more steel (or aluminum in low run production).The actual cost of molds are amortized over the production run.

Nike can source any quality materials they'd like to. My point was that the sources may not be the same as 27 years ago.

Your point about the quality of a full grain leather on a team Jordan vs. a synthetic is comparing apples and oranges. Why Nike chooses to use a different material we won't know. I'm assuming on this statement because I don't know, but real leather is a natural product and has variation which could affect how the product is dyed, where synthetic can be better controlled in that process which could be argued as higher quality (variation of process vs. quality of materials).

Overall, it's that consumers have unrealistic expectations. They compare a product, this IV to their vision of what it should be as opposed to what it is. Then they complain and either buy the product or not, then repeat the same thing over and over, and over again. I think that time could be better spent.

For me, I like the shoes, grew up wearing them all. I'm now in a position where I work in the garment industry and I try to help people on these boards with better information about how the products are made.

Here's another gem for those that care....we'll start seeing made in the USA Nike products in the not too distant future. They'll be around the ID line(s) and any of the flyknit or similar construction products. Adidas has already started the process of bringing manufacturing back to Oregon which personally for me is super cool. For those that don't know both Nike and Adidas are headquartered here in OR.

Nope

JB promised a remastered line that explicitly mentioned a return to OG molds and manufacturing
JB failed to meet their promise, and then doubled down on that lie by producing WC IV's that are not only supposed to be remasters, but are supposed to be an extra special 1989 release with NA and all.

JB set these expectations, and the consumer was specifically invited to make comparisons to the 89 OG because the accuracy of 16 retro is inherent to the product be sold.

Everything else is just Jordan Brand PR spin

Nope

JB promised a remastered line that explicitly mentioned a return to OG molds and manufacturing
JB failed to meet their promise, and then doubled down on that lie by producing WC IV's that are not only supposed to be remasters, but are supposed to be an extra special 1989 release with NA and all.

JB set these expectations, and the consumer was specifically invited to make comparisons to the 89 OG because the accuracy of 16 retro is inherent to the product be sold.

Wah wah

I wish you dudes would put as much effort in not buying as you do whining

Every release it's the same thing. By now you should have sworn off Jordan Brand.

It's often said the definition of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

I wish you dudes would put as much effort in not buying as you do whining

Every release it's the same thing. By now you should have sworn off Jordan Brand.

It's often said the definition of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Funny. This argument would work if I actually purchased shoes that I find that are of unsatisfactory quality.

I don't though

So you can miss me with this brah

Last edited:
Nope

Not possible to produce using original molds.

Please provide a Nike source that stated this....oh wait you can't.

Funny. This argument would work if I actually purchased shoes that I find that are of unsatisfactory quality.

I don't though

So that means you aren't going to buy these and you're going to move on to another release. Cool, see you in another thread.

I don't though

So why are you in a thread you have no intention of buying?? [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:

I don't though

So that means you aren't going to buy these and you're going to move on to another release. Cool, see you in another thread.

I have no idea what you're even trying to say famb

-But If you were trying to implying that I'm just gonna skip these and pull the same "complain and but still cop" in another thread. Welp, that won't be the case either.

You can take my word for it, or search past threads to prove it to yourself. Choice is ours tio

Last edited:

I don't though

So why are you in a thread you have no intentions of buying?? [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Because maybe, I want to discuss a sneaker model that I'm very fond of, and the sneaker industry as a whole

Mannnnn, I wish there was a proper outlet for me to do that, like a forum of some sort where people go to discusses Air Jordan model and other Nike sneakers

Almost like a "Niketalk". And it had a sub-forum just for Jordan sneaker. Hmmmm I wish that place existed :rolleyes :lol:

Last edited:
Valentines present to myself. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji]
Same here lol 
roll.gif

Not possible to produce using original molds.

Please provide a Nike source that stated this....oh wait you can't.

I don't though

June 2014 interview with VP of Brand Jordan footwear, Jeff Atienza:

"What was the starting point for recreating these shoes?

Jeff Atienza: When we first started this approach of remastering, we were able to go into our archives, our Nike DNA, where they have all of our OG product, and really comb through every single original, retro, and compare it to what we’ve been doing lately. That gave us a great sense in terms of what has changed. Dave mentioned tanneries closing, but there are also the molds. Some of these molds are 10, 20 or almost 30 years old. Some of them get thrown away and we have to rebuild molds. Things change for best practices along the way. As we move into 2015 and the 30th anniversary of the brand, we’re trying to get back to exact replication of each of the models that we retro."

Here's a link to the entire interview, just in case you'd like to learn why some people are disappointed with the fact that Brand Jordan has not stayed true to their word:

http://*************.com/news/exclusive-jordan-brand-remastering-retro-line-beginning-spring-2015/

Last edited:

Jeff Atienza: When we first started this approach of remastering, we were able to go into our archives, our Nike DNA, where they have all of our OG product, and really comb through every single original, retro, and compare it to what we’ve been doing lately. That gave us a great sense in terms of what has changed. Dave mentioned tanneries closing, but there are also the molds. Some of these molds are 10, 20 or almost 30 years old. Some of them get thrown away and we have to rebuild molds. Things change for best practices along the way. As we move into 2015 and the 30th anniversary of the brand, we’re trying to get back to exact replication of each of the models that we retro."

Here's a link to the entire interview, just in case you'd like to learn why some people are disappointed with the fact that Brand Jordan has not stayed true to their word:

http://m.*************.com/news/exclusive-jordan-brand-remastering-retro-line-beginning-spring-2015/

Where exactly does that promise the molds would be the same?

I'll try to be there at 8, means I promise I'll be there by 8?

Y'all still on this mold thing sheesh...my process of buyin kicks, specifically JB...
See a pic, and decide to buy or not
Buy the shoe....
Try shoe on, fit coo, keep, fit snug. Return or trade if possible...
Easy. Y'all wana b scientists and leather analyst...take the lab coats off and cop...or not

http://m.*************.com/news/exclusive-jordan-brand-remastering-retro-line-beginning-spring-2015/

Thanks for that.....key word being 'TRYING'....I guess that means IDENTICAL.

For everyone else watching....This is for you....

View media item 1892424

Maaaan listen, theyre white cement 4s with Nike Air and im copping for under retail and would cop for retail

I understand the nostalgia that some have/want but these do not look atrocious.

Says he'll try his best to show up at 8

Shows up at 10:15

Gets upset that people ask him "why are you late, where were you" :lol:

------

To all my brahs copping. I don't mean to mock your choice or try to persuade you away from buying the shoe

Do you brahs

But the utility you get from the shoe should strictly be based on the shoe itself, not another people saying how great it.

Dudes keeping it #1HUNNA about the mold shouldn't bother you if you want the shoe that much

Last edited:
Always shows up late. Yet you're still at the door waiting. You nag and complain about them being late, yet there you are, in that same position waiting each time.

So who's actions can you change?

Back
Top Bottom