Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

My second pair from ebay (yeah i know they restocked a week later) arrived today.  The seller purchased them from NDC.

My FNL retail pair is pristine, the NDC pair........... not so much.  After removing the excess glue chunks, I think I know which pair will be put away for storage.

After all I plan to get a lot of wear out of them.

SN: I thought HBWTFLOL returned all his pairs tho.  Now he says he has about 5+ pairs in the Maroon thread.
laugh.gif

The Oreos are barely worth MSRP, much less 260.
Quality of the oreos are better than these, especially the leather
According to Nike, the 2016 WC4 Retro features a "full-grain leather upper". Full grain leather comes from the top layer of the hide which has ALL of the grain, therefore, FULL grain. The natural surface of full grain leather burnishes and beautifies with use. While it may lack consistency and appear imperfect, full grain is actually the best leather money can buy. Here's a nice educational video:

Last edited:
Woohoo just got my Finishline restock shipment confirmation! So stoked. Hopefully I get them soon. Heck I only live hour and half away from their warehouse in Indy.

According to Nike, the 2016 WC4 Retro features a "full-grain leather upper". Full grain leather comes from the top layer of the hide which has ALL of the grain, therefore, FULL grain. The natural surface of full grain leather burnishes and beautifies with use. While it may lack consistency and appear imperfect, full grain is actually the best leather money can buy. Here's a nice educational video: 
The '16 Oreo 4s also have full grain leather. Not all full grain leather is created equal though.

Woohoo just got my Finishline restock shipment confirmation! So stoked. Hopefully I get them soon. Heck I only live hour and half away from their warehouse in Indy.

:pimp: my pair comes tomorrow
the jealousy is real. Jk enjoy! How many are you at now J?

Thx man. Just 2. Didn't want to be greedy nor did I feel like I needed a ton. Was actually happy with the 1 but went for it with the restock.

Damn, I'm salty as hell I missed out on the FNL restock. I wanted a second pair something serious. I've been sick the last two weeks, so I wouldn't have had the money anyways. Hopefully, they restock again soon, in the next couple months. Props, to everyone who got through. I know it wasn't easy.

Damn, I'm salty as hell I missed out on the FNL restock. I wanted a second pair something serious. I've been sick the last two weeks, so I wouldn't have had the money anyways. Hopefully, they restock again soon, in the next couple months. Props, to everyone who got through. I know it wasn't easy.

Don't fret, these will restock again.

The '16 Oreo 4s also have full grain leather. Not all full grain leather is created equal though.
Nike claims the Oreo 4s feature a "premium tumbled leather upper".  The tumbling process makes the leather softer and smoother, but that doesn't mean the leather quality is better.  In other words, the Oreo 4s and the WC4s could actually use the same leather but the Oreo 4s seem higher quality because of the additional tumbling process.  I actually prefer tumbled leather for shoes, but I want to give the 2016 WC4 leather quality the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
Got my 2nd pair delivered yesterday from the NBA Store...my first pair had speckle smear on the left shoe.

Anyway of course the right shoe is totally fine (again) but the left shoe has a smudge albeit much much less noticeable. They'll be fine to wear...but really???
That's one of the only upsides to buying on ebay. You typically see the exact pair you're getting.

But yeah that second smudge isn't bad at all. I can see why you'd be frustrated though.

Last edited:
Just curious are any of you guys throwing the stain and rain repellent before rocking them or just screw it "Thug Life"!?

Back
Top Bottom