Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

People keep talking about how they corrected the netting, but y'all do realize that even though the angle is correct, the material is completely off?

OG's and 99's had two piece panels. Breathable nylon mesh AND netting over the mesh. All modern retros have had the netting attached directly to the nylon mesh. The netting wasn't thin and perfectly boxy either, it was thicker and a bit rounded.

P1070283%20(Large).JPG

It's a small detail that doesn't really bother me either way, but I don't understand why people are commending JB for changing the angle when there's so much else wrong with the molds/materials.
that's what JB does. Last year for the Infrareds they have us that 3m but left of the Durabuck upper and leather heel. I could give a **** about mesh angle and the 3m

It's cool when people complain and not buy.

It's people that are complaining and then still buy a ton that are the reasons Nike keeps pushing up the retail price. There's nothing to do with inflation and all that BS.

It's people that are complaining and then still buy a ton that are the reasons Nike keeps pushing up the retail price. 
Actually it would be Ebay, Flightclub, any and all other consignment stores.

the shoe is MSRP $220

resellers will sell them at ?

Nike sees this, changes the price.

rinse, repeat.

one day, not too far from now, the reseller will be priced out.

a great example are the pinnacles.

It's cool when people complain and not buy.

It's people that are complaining and then still buy a ton that are the reasons Nike keeps pushing up the retail price. There's nothing to do with inflation and all that BS.

No doubt. The inflation talk kills me...

I've said this before and I'm sure I'll say it again. Inflation has nothing to to with the pricing when it comes to re-releases, especially models with watered down tech and lesser quality materials.

For years on end retros were consistently the same price as their initial release. Retros are much cheaper to produce than a brand new design because the shoe is already designed, patents are already filed, molds are already made, the athletes are paid and there are zero advertising and pre-development costs.

Retros were traditionally a way of the company's paying respect to the oldheads that helped their company grow and a nice little way to give back by offering a 2nd chance to own certain nostalgic shoes.

Take the Jordan 3 for example $99 in 1988, $99 in 1994, $99 in 2001, $99 in 2003. As soon as Nike realized these things were starting to sell better and demand more from re-sellers than their new releases; they began the price hikes $135, $150, $160, $180, then finally double OG retail @ $200 for "88s" with N/A. I understand its a free market and at the end of the day they can charge whatever they want to, but the notion that these price hikes are a result of inflation is a fallacy.

Actually it would be Ebay, Flightclub, any and all other consignment stores.

the shoe is MSRP $220

resellers will sell them at ?

Nike sees this, changes the price.

rinse, repeat.

one day, not too far from now, the reseller will be priced out.

a great example are the pinnacles.
Exactly, inflation is not causing these substantial price increases; you named the problem and the method.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by geraldg2309  

Man wtf?

How are you gonna post about saying "I'm in", saying stuff like "It's a dream at this point" to get 99s sort of mold and "I'm just gonna DEAL with it", "Just wish it was cheaper" and then LITERALLY your next post is complaining about the EXACT SAME shoe how its "painful" and "sickening to look at" and your complaining about the price.

Get out of here with that nonsense. Pick a side and stay there.

mean.gif

Man, y'all take S*** WAY TOO SERIOUS on here sometimes... 
laugh.gif
  Y'all are the ones who NEED to LIGHTEN up. Y'all CAN'T take an OPINION to SAVE YOUR LIVES!!!  YES, I know what I said... And YES, they are PAINFUL to look at in comparison. It's JUST an OPINION, nobody said that you had to agree with me. Just like some prefer the '99's shape over the OGs, and when people say the 2012's were HORRIBLE. Then some say that they're NOT as BAD as people think. It's JUST an OPINION, and I have the right to change it when and wherever. For nowadays, it's a DECENT retro. But, that TOE BOX is HORRENDOUS!

I don't care what y'all say, or think.

It's amazing how Nike/JB routinely gets away with giving their consumers poor versions of the products they really want. Genius, almost evil, levels of marketing, promotion and consumer psychology.

:smh:

^^^^^^^^^
 ​
YES!!!
pimp.gif
Here's the MarqueeSole.com pics...
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
nthat.gif
 ​
The shoe, and the quality LOOKS REAL GOOD in these pics. The toe box looks WAY better, & the leather is MOST DEFINITELY the same used on the Teal IV's. Just like @faceMizzy said, H*** it MIGHT be even softer. My only concern now is that it looks like a size 9, or some ****. Hopefully, a size 12 has SOMEWHAT  of a slanted toe box like these. If the FINAL product looks EXACTLY like THIS, I'd COP two pairs EASILY. You'll hear NO MORE complains for me, 4 REAL!!! But, MarqueeSole is known to sell FAKES.... So once again, I'm NOT gettin' my hopes up.​

Last edited:

Man wtf?

How are you gonna post about saying "I'm in", saying stuff like "It's a dream at this point" to get 99s sort of mold and "I'm just gonna DEAL with it", "Just wish it was cheaper" and then LITERALLY your next post is complaining about the EXACT SAME shoe how its "painful" and "sickening to look at" and your complaining about the price.​

Get out of here with that nonsense. Pick a side and stay there.​

:smh:  ​

Man, y'all take S*** WAY TOO SERIOUS on here sometimes... :lol:   Y'all are the ones who NEED to LIGHTEN up. Y'all CAN'T take an OPINION to SAVE YOUR LIVES!!!  YES, I know what I said... And YES, they are PAINFUL to look at in comparison. It's JUST an OPINION, nobody said that you had to agree with me. Just like some prefer the '99's shape over the OGs, and when people say the 2012's were HORRIBLE. Then some say that they're NOT as BAD as people think. It's JUST an OPINION, and I have the right to change it when and wherever. For nowadays, it's a DECENT retro. But, that TOE BOX is HORRENDOUS!​
I don't care what y'all say, or think.​
It's painful to read your gibberish

No doubt. The inflation talk kills me...

I've said this before and I'm sure I'll say it again. Inflation has nothing to to with the pricing when it comes to re-releases, especially models with watered down tech and lesser quality materials.

For years on end retros were consistently the same price as their initial release. Retros are much cheaper to produce than a brand new design because the shoe is already designed, patents are already filed, molds are already made, the athletes are paid and there are zero advertising and pre-development costs.

Retros were traditionally a way of the company's paying respect to the oldheads that helped their company grow and a nice little way to give back by offering a 2nd chance to own certain nostalgic shoes.

Take the Jordan 3 for example $99 in 1988, $99 in 1994, $99 in 2001, $99 in 2003. As soon as Nike realized these things were starting to sell better and demand more from re-sellers than their new releases; they began the price hikes $135, $150, $160, $180, then finally double OG retail @ $200 for "88s" with N/A. I understand its a free market and at the end of the day they can charge whatever they want to, but the notion that these price hikes are a result of inflation is a fallacy.

QFT!!! rep'd!!

^^^^^^^^^

YES!!!
:pimp:
Here's the MarqueeSole.com pics...

:nthat:

The shoe, and the quality LOOKS REAL GOOD in these pics. The toe box looks WAY better, & the leather is MOST DEFINITELY the same used on the Teal IV's. Just like @faceMizzy
said, H*** it MIGHT be even softer. My only concern now is that it looks like a size 9, or some ****. Hopefully, a size 12 has SOMEWHAT  of a slanted toe box like these. If the FINAL product looks EXACTLY like THIS, I'd COP two pairs EASILY. You'll hear NO MORE complains for me, 4 REAL!!! But, MarqueeSole is known to sell FAKES.... So once again, I'm NOT gettin' my hopes up.​

These look damn good. And considering that the MS versions of sneakers often look worse than the final product, the final product should look amazing :wow:

Im skipping anything coming out in January to intentionally double up on these. One pair is going to get beat into the ground

Back
Top Bottom