Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

16 pairs is definitely a lot... didn't see myself getting that many but I had the opportunity to so I did. Being older, and watching how this generation is I feel like I can't get anything without a bot or lining up overnight, which I am way too old to do now. If I have the chance to get a shoe I've always wanted then I have to get as many as I can lol. Especially, these because who knows when we will see these again.

Also, for me when it comes to collecting I've grown to be selective. When I was younger I thought it was cool to have 1-23, to have every color way, to be that "iconic" jordan collector lol. But, as I grew older I knew I would never wear most of these numbers and color ways. So, I chose specific shoes (cement 4s) that I really wanted and wanted to wear.

I know 16 is way too crazy and waste of money to others. But, I think it's a waste when I see people pay ridiculous resale for other shoes. Like, I rather spend a grand on a couple shoes, then spend a grand on one shoe like the fragments. I rather have pairs to beat up than just have one and cringe every time I wear them because how much I paid for them.

I always told myself that I didn't want to be that guy down the road that said, "man I wish I bought more when I had the chance." Luckily, I had the chance lol.

plus, getting yeezys and flipping them helps my jordan addiction lol.
I can understand keeping that many if the midsoles could last forever.  But they will all crumble eventually and there's nothing anyone can do to prevent it.

I believe that I'll be able to wear my one pair fine until the midsoles crumble.  So in 15 years all of these shoes will be unwearable but I've only paid for one whereas you've paid for 16.  That's what doesn't make sense to me, but you have every right to spend your money how you'd like.

here's the thing you may be missing....
in a couple of years, these will definitely have a higher value. he could probably just grab 1 off of the pile and trade them for releases that he misses out on. its a win win.

16 pairs is definitely a lot... didn't see myself getting that many but I had the opportunity to so I did. Being older, and watching how this generation is I feel like I can't get anything without a bot or lining up overnight, which I am way too old to do now. If I have the chance to get a shoe I've always wanted then I have to get as many as I can lol. Especially, these because who knows when we will see these again.

Also, for me when it comes to collecting I've grown to be selective. When I was younger I thought it was cool to have 1-23, to have every color way, to be that "iconic" jordan collector lol. But, as I grew older I knew I would never wear most of these numbers and color ways. So, I chose specific shoes (cement 4s) that I really wanted and wanted to wear.

I know 16 is way too crazy and waste of money to others. But, I think it's a waste when I see people pay ridiculous resale for other shoes. Like, I rather spend a grand on a couple shoes, then spend a grand on one shoe like the fragments. I rather have pairs to beat up than just have one and cringe every time I wear them because how much I paid for them.

I always told myself that I didn't want to be that guy down the road that said, "man I wish I bought more when I had the chance." Luckily, I had the chance lol.

I can understand keeping that many if the midsoles could last forever.  But they will all crumble eventually and there's nothing anyone can do to prevent it.

I believe that I'll be able to wear my one pair fine until the midsoles crumble.  So in 15 years all of these shoes will be unwearable but I've only paid for one whereas you've paid for 16.  That's what doesn't make sense to me, but you have every right to spend your money how you'd like.
in a couple of years, these will definitely have a higher value. he could probably just grab 1 off of the pile and trade them for releases that he misses out on. its a win win.
Yes, I agree that makes sense.  But his post implies that he's keeping them all and not reselling or trading.

Last edited:

Lol I can respect that. Yeah when I saw those 16 pairs I was like sheesh! But at the end of the day I have respect for people spending money on things they really want, hell we don't go to work everyday just to pay bills. I was curious just to know what the thought process is like with getting that many pairs tho.

I'm copping 16 pairs is a feat even in itself, when there are some people who couldn't even get one. Lol. 

That's well over 4k, hook me up with a job wherever you work bruh!!!! Lol

Yeah I was thinking about that too as far as the crumbling. What @bigj505 said makes sense too, at any given point he would be able to flip these jawns. In a couple of years the value of these will be even crazier after people have worn their pairs and beat em and want to re-up. 

i didn't even think of the midsole lol... but ya defintely trade bait if I have to

Am I the only weirdo that takes these out the box to just stare at them ? I won't be wearing mine for awhile since I just got a pair of Toro's at a steal. But man they are nice to look at.

Naw bruh, I stare at my J's all the time. When the family goes to bed, I grab a pair to just sit in.

Nope, I take'em out every now and again like GI Joes from back in the day and "play" too!!!

I'll sit and stare and remember the people I knew who had 'em by name, and all the other nostalgia that goes along with them.

It basically is redemption, postponed.

Last edited:
Bruhhh. I know what you're going through. It's agonizing bc you missed the drop. Sall g tho broham. I can say there will be no restock. These say OG on the label bruh bruh. That with Nike Air. Ooo weeeeeee. Bite the bullet and just pay resale bro. It's all g again bruh. I've been there. Weve all been there.

If you were looking for 5 different ways to call someone "brother" you accomplished your goal

Bruhhh. I know what you're going through. It's agonizing bc you missed the drop. Sall g tho broham. I can say there will be no restock. These say OG on the label bruh bruh. That with Nike Air. Ooo weeeeeee. Bite the bullet and just pay resale bro. It's all g again bruh. I've been there. Weve all been there.

If you were looking for 5 different ways to call someone "brother" you accomplished your goal
Yea this was hard to read.. I stopped halfway through hoping it was just failed satire and golf grouch golf grouch living up to his name.. If he could afford to buy those off credit there is 0 downside to his purchase. Talking about the midsole crumbling in 15 years is hbftw-esque

Am I the only weirdo that takes these out the box to just stare at them ? I won't be wearing mine for awhile since I just got a pair of Toro's at a steal. But man they are nice to look at.

You're not the only one bruh. They are truly a work of art. One of the greatest, if not THE greatest silhouette ever. I'm 35, and the OG 89 Bred 4s were my first pair of Js as a kid at 8 yrs old. I was lucky enough to get them, and I specifically remember dragging my mom out to the sneaker shop in the Bronx, and having a choice between the 3s and 4s which were both on shelf, and went with the Bred 4s. Never had the cements til now, and maybe it's more nastalgia than anything else, but these were the first shoe I can remember ever wanting so bad. Before then, I didn't even have much of an opinion about what I wore on my feet, but the Jordan 4 changed it all for me, as im sure it did for many others my age. Best believe I trippled up!

Not that I'm complaining, but how are the masters and the pink 12s selling for higher than these??

Not that I'm complaining, but how are the masters and the pink 12s selling for higher than these??
Less pairs. The white cement were probably holiday numbers for GR's and the masters and pink 12's are the normal GR's that we were use to before they made enough to satisfy everyone like these WC 4 and the Maroon 6's.

You're not the only one bruh. They are truly a work of art. One of the greatest, if not THE greatest silhouette ever. I'm 35, and the OG 89 Bred 4s were my first pair of Js as a kid at 8 yrs old. I was lucky enough to get them, and I specifically remember dragging my mom out to the sneaker shop in the Bronx, and having a choice between the 3s and 4s which were both on shelf, and went with the Bred 4s. Never had the cements til now, and maybe it's more nastalgia than anything else, but these were the first shoe I can remember ever wanting so bad. Before then, I didn't even have much of an opinion about what I wore on my feet, but the Jordan 4 changed it all for me, as im sure it did for many others my age. Best believe I trippled up!

Nice. I love stories like this, it's cool to see when it's more than just a shoe to some people. 3 pairs huh !? I can't even judge because when the NA black cement 3's come out, I need about 3 pairs as well.

Prolly not. They made a bunch of these. Who knows tho. Nike is crazy. They restock the playoff 11s like 3 times

Back
Top Bottom