Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Nike has caught on to that fact that "gimmicks" helps sales especially to the younger generation that may not know their history.

I think that's EXACTLY what this so-called Olympic Medal Pack is. But like a few others have said, these could have sold themselves. Largely on nostalgia alone. A few youngsters might think the whole Olympic tie in sounds cool, but to most of the rest of us it just sounds silly.

EDIT: :lol: @ a few years from now when you hear some noob say, "Hey, I still got me a fresh pair of Olympic Vs!" Uh, no. LOL.

Last edited:
@citricacidcycle Now thats the truth!! They tryna market these to the new generation coming up...when these dropped in 1990 there was never any mention of these being related to the olympics. Nike has caught on to that fact that "gimmicks" helps sales especially to the younger generation that may not know their history.

curious as to what the young generation is im 21 (1995) and would never consider these as olympics

Looking forward to copping these bad boys, hope I get a pair or two. Besides the cement 3's 88s I want to add these to my Jordans with Nike Air collection

@citricacidcycle Now thats the truth!! They tryna market these to the new generation coming up...when these dropped in 1990 there was never any mention of these being related to the olympics. Nike has caught on to that fact that "gimmicks" helps sales especially to the younger generation that may not know their history.

I don't blame Nike

look at how many of these companies put GR colorways on a collab and have them sell out just because they're a collab and somewhat limited.

Yo I'm salty, it's a dude in my Facebook group winning every raffle. I put in the work and I ain't hearing anything

easy cop amirite guys? nobody wants outdated retros any more! all the cool kids are about that boost nmd stuff lol
I'm so glad that boost/nmds have pulled some people out of retros. I generally run into much cooler people at releases these days

I see the pack ploy. But unless they all had NA on the back I ain't with the gimmick. I do like the golds tho. And kinda like the bronze. But nothing like these "silvers" [emoji]128514[/emoji] Guess I can't have my phone on vibrate today

I see the pack ploy. But unless they all had NA on the back I ain't with the gimmick. I do like the golds tho. And kinda like the bronze. But nothing like these "silvers" [emoji]128514[/emoji] Guess I can't have my phone on vibrate today

I like the golds too, regardless of the Olympic gimmick or not. It's a clean design. It's a great spring/summer design. The bronzes are kind of "meh." But they've somewhat grown on me.

Last edited:
And you can use codes on the beta app 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Damn you got folks having their patients even do raffles nowadays    

i thought it stopped at family members and baby sitters 
laugh.gif

just joking 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Nike+ probably, I never get those early access emails lol
Can you post a link to the product page? I want to see if I have access lol

I would if I had the desktop link. Once you cop on the app, it 'errors' out.

And you can use codes on the beta app :smh:  

Bruh, sick that I don't have any promos left. I did have a small AMEX NDC reward tho. :smokin
Got $50 off those Uptempos too. [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom