Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

that really has nothing to do with the actual shoe tho
Aesthetically their were pleasing to the eye. As a "non" baller I only cared about the casual appeal of the shoe. In the new generation the Lebron 9s are more beloved because of this. Also adidas still see numbers off the crazy 8 "KB8" when he ascended to stardom and won the dunk contest and the Kobe one or two was retroed off championship implications during the 2000-01 season. What a player does in the shoe retrospect has alot to do with the shelf life and continuity of it's existence. I'm sure a lot of ppl can harp upon things they seen MJ do in said model. So it has alot to do with shoe from the appearance alone.

'81 here but didnt get into shoes until 8th grade (95) so my first love was the Jordan 11 black/red and i honestly dont remember jordans on other peoples feet, i was more into nike signature shoes until that point, i even had the Nike Ndestrukt as my first OMG shoe purchase and didnt buy my first pair of jordans until the QS black strap 20s. For me it was
Nike signature shoes > Jordans for a long time but now i love them both, well 11-13s are my only true faves and yes i watched him play through the 90s but it was more him on the court than his shoes for me just like it was more Griffey tearing up the diamond than his shoes but the air max griffey 1 is the goat of all baseball shoes/cleats

Born in '76. Had a pair of Sky Jordans when they came out (but was too young to know who he was). Got my first jersey (either sand-knit or Macgregor) in 87-88 when the Bulls were getting beat up by Detroit. I remember getting my 1st Champion brand jersey down at Franklin Mills when they 1st came out. Was soo cool seeing the white trim around the neck and arm hiles and it looked real (vs my Starter Jordan "Jersey" tee). I watched (and taped) all the games when I was younger.

I have the whole 1st Threepeat (most rounds) on tape at my parents home. Never forget walking into Jr High on the last day of 8th grade, wearing my Jordan jersey, my black VI's and my Bulls hat (which was confiscated as we were not allowed to wear hats in Jr high even though I didn't have it on, only carrying it). Everyone knew I was happy that day as the night before, they beat LA 4-1 for the 1st title. Awesome day to end school.

These will probably be picked up. I still have my 2000's in excellent wearable condition. If they are somewhat easy to get (SNKRS) then I'm down for a pair. :smile:

Wow I don't know why, but when I hear people say they were born in the 70's I think of it as so old like disco pants and afro's etc.
But then when I hear people say they were born in 1998 I'm like really? I'm a millennial '89, so anyone born before '84 are old or after '95 missed the greatness that was the 90's days, and are super young.

I was born in the 70's and I'm not old so get out of here with that nonsense :lol:

lol i was born in 78 and i am starting to feel old. guess i will go buy some disco pants and go to bed

I was beginning to feel old until the last couple pages of this thread :lol:

It's cats in here that know what the 70's were like....wow.

I'm mad TB3 news came out but we can't get some new pics of these NA Metallic 5s 
sick.gif

I was familiar with J's as a youngin' because all my friends had them, but it wasn't until the 8's that they looked cool to me and I became interested in the line. It was something about those straps. Them joints just looked so futuristic to me. They were unlike anything I'd ever seen up until that time.

Funny that most the experts and know it all's were tykes when MJ was at his MOST PRIME smdh lol. Dudes need to stop and just say they like the shoes for

How they look like the one homie said. Attempting to create all of this deep nostalgia & history, that's not there makes for a look of delusion that's hilarious.

Funny that most the experts and know it all's were tykes when MJ was at his MOST PRIME smdh lol. Dudes need to stop and just say they like the shoes for

How they look like the one homie said. Attempting to create all of this deep nostalgia & history, that's not there makes for a look of delusion that's hilarious.

I'll be honest though. I hated Jordan as a player. Never liked him but did acknowledge that he was a great player. How could everyone like him that wasn't a Bulls fan or weren't from Chicago? He basically ished on everyone's team. It wasn't until seeing them on the feet of my friends and they becoming immersed in pop culture that I thought to myself they had a stylish casual appeal to them. When I got into J's it was always about the shoes, couldn't have cared less about him as a player. Was probably more intrigued with his iconic status as a cultural symbol of the times more than anything back then. I mean even when I hooped I played in other shoes. Hooping in J's was the furthest thing from my mind.

Last edited:
I remember doing two reports on Michael Jordan in elementary school, one for the Black History Month program and one in 3rd grade. My father made this Michael Jordan figure out of colored construction paper and had the report inside the Jersey which you pull open like a pop up book. The jersey was based of the 1984 'Chicago' jersey.

Back
Top Bottom