Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

These "might" sit like Maroons in my city

These won't even make it to the floor here. They'll all be spoken for by raffles, and a few spots that still do FCFS and allow lining up at 4am. Either way, they won't make it to the floor on RD before they're ghost.

Dawg these pics got me feining right now. JB keep the release date in July my funds gon be super straight then after June's C&C 8s [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]
100% Co-Sign, & repped @OGMCMXCII!!!

These pics got me lookin', and waitin' on em like this....

laugh.gif

Man I'm sleepin' on the Black/Varsity Red 12's, White/Varsity Red & Navy Blue/Gum 11's... Just to make DAMN sure I got the ends for at least 2 pairs of these in July.
Copped.

And I'll pay resell if need be.
Who I'm I kiddin'? I know my *** is gladly, still goin' to pay resell for these... If I strike out on the release date. And if I have too, I'm still goin to be on my phone, or PC waitin' on em like....

roll.gif

These won't even make it to the floor here. They'll all be spoken for by raffles, and a few spots that still do FCFS and allow lining up at 4am. Either way, they won't make it to the floor on RD before they're ghost.

Man, ever since the Chicago 1 nonsense :smh: :smh: :rolleyes last May at my mall, the mall/security/footlocker cut that lining up early **** out completely for good. Security be ***** made at these releases making the early first waiters go wait in the food court and people keep trying to line up knowing 5-7 are ahead of them :rolleyes

Every release since then starting with Shattered Backboard 1s has been an in store raffle with winning numbers posted to the malls main site. Winners come Saturday morning to cop with no issues.

Last edited:
Man, ever since the Chicago 1 nonsense :smh: :smh: :rolleyes last May at my mall, the mall/security/footlocker cut that lining up early **** out completely for good. Security be ***** made at these releases making the early first waiters go wait in the food court and people keep trying to line up knowing 5-7 are ahead of them :rolleyes

Every release since then starting with Shattered Backboard 1s has been an in store raffle with winning numbers posted to the malls main site. Winners come Saturday morning to cop with no issues.

The mall here was FCFS for YEARS. After boutiques started opening up and GM kicks were everywhere, the lines and hype just got [emoji]127820[/emoji][emoji]127820[/emoji][emoji]127820[/emoji]. It's pretty much all raffle now. For five years, as long as I planned my cake and got up early? I was Gucci. Now? lmao. It's WAY more work. It's w/e tho'. Adapt or die, I guess.

I can't even say less hyped releases actually hit the floor. The ONLY shoe that made it to the floor AND sat here over the last five years were the MB IV's. Those hit the floors Sat. morning AND made it thru the weekend to be sitting on Monday. They were ghost by that Wed.

There are still so many people that don't see how the GM and resell market connect to the retail aspect. You haven't been able to just walk in and cop here as long as your money was right, for like? A decade. So many people think Jumpman logo=Jordan's. People still come into the stores ALL DAY Saturday's, askin': Yo, you got them new J's?
[emoji]128533[/emoji][emoji]128542[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]128566[/emoji]

The hype AND knowledge dwarf the supply here. It's not impossible by any means either. Just more work. Blah.

That said?

I've been thinking about this drop heavy since the first pics I saw, and outside variables I can't plan for? I'm all over these. These look pretty yummy. Maybe I'll get lucky w/one of the raffles and it'll be easy. If not? [emoji]127911[/emoji]work

It doesn't really make sense for these to be pushed up to June, every weekend is pretty much double booked or better with releases. Maybe earlier in July.. It's annoying JB starts the year off so slow, then piles it on in the second half. Although, for those that like 10s/City pack it's already been picking up. There's some I wouldn't mind having but with the new pricing and constant drops I've became much more selective.

Worth paying the $300+ for the pre-order? My guess is no. But the thirst will be more than WC4s...but those were reselling for near retail. But on the other hand the black infrared 6 in 2014 without the NA were reselling for 300-350+.

Last edited:
Worth paying the $300+ for the pre-order? My guess is no. But the thirst will be more than WC4s...but those were reselling for near retail. But on the other hand the black infrared 6 in 2014 without the NA were reselling for 300-350+.
cements are way more loved than these

cements are way more loved than these
Really...i never would that thought. In general I thought (other than 3s) mostly white sneakers didn't get the same love these days as the black counterparts. But we are comparing 4s to 5s so I guess it makes sense. If thats the case no point pre-ordering because the numbers will be comparable to WC4s in terms of production.

Last edited:
Anorexic E's gotta be GM
from what i know Mairjunc23 is legit. you can't put anything past JB, especially for a "everyone and their dog will have these on in the summer" type GR that's already in stock rooms

Last edited:
Really...i never would that thought. In general I thought (other than 3s) mostly white sneakers didn't get the same love these days as the black counterparts. But we are comparing 4s to 5s so I guess it makes sense. If thats the case no point pre-ordering because the numbers will be comparable to WC4s in terms of production.

These will sell out first day and restock repeatedly for the rest of the year. Everyone that wants these will get them.

Yeah, everyone and their mom's will be roving these for about 8 months straight. Then a year later I'll wear mine

Yeah, everyone and their mom's will be roving these for about 8 months straight. Then a year later I'll wear mine
Lol! I remember Carmine 6s going from rarely seen to every other kid at my school rocking them. I just put mine away until this year.

But, I got no problems with Nike killing the hype and mass producing. We know it would be death if these NA models were released like the WC88 from 2013.

Last edited:
I'm good with just 2 pairs. I thought I was gonna go ham but something about these new Jordan's it's just not what it used to be. Passing on the black and red xii for sure

I absolutely love this shoe; favorite model of the line. Earlier, I was saying ain't outlandish ish like getting 3 pairs or more.

In truth, 2 will last me for YEARS.

I'm good with just 2 pairs. I thought I was gonna go ham but something about these new Jordan's it's just not what it used to be. Passing on the black and red xii for sure

Man same here not even going to gas myself up to buy those if. I do cool, if not whatever.

Been feeling like I'm in a rat race with Jordan's as of late and starting to become more selective

I absolutely love this shoe; favorite model of the line. Earlier, I was saying ain't outlandish ish like getting 3 pairs or more.

In truth, 2 will last me for YEARS.
You should see what I did to my cyber Monday 1s in only 5 months

A triple up is a must

Back
Top Bottom