Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

ihust1e ihust1e more power to you then, I know I cant resist if its something I really want (within reason of course)...but willpower is strong, these 5's are just irresistible to me

Last edited by a moderator:
Nike still hasn't shipped my pair
frown.gif
Same here, going on 48 hours since confirm email. card charged.

dudes still complaining about prices? for them to actually get one of my favorite shoes right (referring to material, shape, 3M) only for a slightly higher price? I'll take it any day.

the last retro of the metallics (2011 i think) was TRASH.

I haven't seen these in person but from the pictures the one thing that stood out was the tongue looked off to me. More of a shiny plastic look than the typically flat 3M. Seems like you're confirming that?

Yes. The tongue is the big difference. The sheen is pretty much always there. And these seem to easily pick up reflectiveness even in normal light. It seems like 3M is no longer a coating, but is part of whatever material the tongue is now made of. So I would think the tongues on the 2016s won't fade or wear out over time. Unless you're taking chunks out of them.

dudes still complaining about prices? for them to actually get one of my favorite shoes right (referring to material, shape, 3M) only for a slightly higher price? I'll take it any day.

'11 were trash. Almost cop to replace my '07.

^ this....

Agreed. My 2007 are beat to death and I still passed on the 2011.

ihust1e ihust1e Can't knock your logic. Some people just have firm principles and they hold to 'em. People with deep pockets pass on stuff all the time just based on their own set of principles.

With that being said, if you keep coming in this thread... you'll eventually cave. :lol:

Last edited:
I'm sick of idiots actually griping about the available quantities on these. Who gives a crap? Why does it matter? Get what you want and like! Why does so-called exclusivity matter? These would never be so exclusive anyways since Jordan wore them in 1989-90 and they've been released 5 times over now. I'm glad I got mine since I missed out on original 1990 and 2000 re-release.

I'm glad I didn't get 2007 & 2011 re-release with cheap looking 23 on the sides. That 2011 looked so bad from a distance too.

I tripled up favorite shoes of all time. I was happy they were easy to get. Any advice on how to keep the soles on my spares from yellowing?

If they sit in 2 weeks I'll probably get them when I get paid.

Saw a dude on the train with them, he was waddling like a duck so he wouldn't crease them. I'm like damn, if he looks dumb that must be me in new kicks 
roll.gif

They did look nice on him though, I do want them.

View media item 2111103Think I see some similarities here :smokin

Love these joints, but they creased almost immediately after wearing them :lol:

I normally don't apply any kind of protector, what do you guys think? Is anyone else spraying their pairs?

The nubuck feels super soft and supple, almost closer to suede.

:lol: shoes as big as the car

Originally Posted by van-nostrand  ​
My wishlist for NA treatment over the next few years:​
 ​
1) Black Cement IV
2) Black/Infrared VI
3) White/Fire Red/Black Tongue V
4) White/Fire Red IV
5) Black Cement III
 ​
Yes lawd @van-nostrand!!!
 ​
This exact list list, and in that exact order.
 ​
Repped G!!!
 ​
glasses.gif
 ​
I want at least one of every Nike Air OG colorway 3-6... But, I might really retire after gettin' doubles of those 5 pairs.
 ​
 I'm gonna need four pairs, of the Black Cement 4's though.
 ​
laugh.gif
 ​

Last edited:
Gotta give props to Finishline - got a pair from them and 3 hours later got notification e-mail from UPS that they have shipped. Got another pair at same time on Eastbay and two and a half days later status is still "Waiting to Ship" and zero communication via e-mail about anything. Had to call to even confirm the darn thing went through.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom